Bad Brazil voice acting

Skull_

Chieftain
I'm chocked how badly they pick the voice actor for Brazil. It's incredible how he sounds a poor soup opera actor. I mean, it's not natural as Portugal or Roma.

And those senteces...what is that? Damn, I'm not saying that Pedro II was a bad ass, because he was not, but make he says "I worry about all those who are affected by this conflict" when a was is declared is ridiculous.

Am I the only one who thinks it? I Rly think they should have picked someone better.

PS: I'm from Brazil, and I might have this impression since I hear this language everywhere.

I find his angry side to be not angry at all. He just puts his hands together. :lol:

He is not angry in any way. Come on, they declared war on you, and you simple cross your hands and say with a very calm voice and say how worried you are with everyone? Ohhh THAT VOICE!!! SO TERRIBLE!

yea but the others are good. Especially Gajah Madda

Oh I'm not saying that the voice acts are all bad. The Pedro II was bad. I don't know, they could have picked anyone on the street to do that, I'm sure it would feel way more natural. No body in Brazil speaks with that tone. The portuguese is precise, but it seens as someone had a piece of metal inside his throat and began to speak -_-

Maria is very good specially when you make war with her or her start a war with you and when she says "certainly not" together with her movements by opening the arms.

Brazil seems fine, but I don't speak Pedro's language so I can't really tell.

It's still nothing compared to Casimir. Initially he seems fine, but the more he speaks, the more apparent his badness becomes.

For instance, he clearly says "Po sto krocz nie!" instead of the correct "Po stokroć nie". The difference is huge and hilarious, because it changes "Hundred times no" into... "For/by hundred crotches no".

I think the Voice Actor has a big problem speaking the "ć" letter, because he makes this mistake also in his other speeches. Either that, or he doesn't really know how to speak polish, forgot how to speak properly, or has a weird case of lisp which is mostly visible with words containing "ć".

And listen to the awfulness of his war declaration. Is he even trying? Granted in BNW only the harshest warmongers will ever consider declaring a war, especially on the player, so you won't listen to it much.

Huhueland here too. I have to say I disagree, I actually like him and he's my favorite character from Brazilian history. He just sounds very serious (as he was in real life) with a pretty standard Rio de Janeiro accent, colored here and there by some antiquated expressions. Some people complained that the actor sounds younger than he was, but Pedro already looked like Santa by his late 40s, during the War of Paraguay.

Huhueland here too. I have to say I disagree, I actually like him and he's my favorite character from Brazilian history. He just sound very serious (as he was in real life) with a pretty standard Rio de Janeiro accent, colored here and there by some antiquated expressions. Some people complained that the actor sounds younger than he was, but Pedro already looked like Santa by his late 40s, during the War of Paraguay.

HUEHUEHUEHUE too. Agree with all this. He is fine as it is, even though the voice seems a bit younger than it should be... it's ok for me :)

On the other hand, I was expecting Casimir to have a deeper voice... I don't know, it is kind of too high... Can't say anything about how correct his speech is, because I can barely read words in Polish. Am I allowed to say kurwa?

Don't know guys. Honestly I'm from Belo Horizonte, and I don't know a single person from Rio who speaks like that. But you know, I may be wrong. But you guys from Brazil, pay attention on how he sounds like those dubbed movies. It's horrible :(

Think how good would be have Wagner Moura doing his voice.

For those who don't know who is Wagner Moura, he is the main actor of the movie "Tropa de Elite".

I agree that he sounds totally inexpressive and devoid of feeling. No intonation, no passion. It seems the voice actor was just there reading the lines he had on the paper, like a child would read "See Dick. See Jane. See Spot run. Run Spot run."

Really bad voice acting.

I cannot understand Pedro but i like him, his office looks great and i think of him as evil santa, he always threaten and beat me up :) If you understand Spanish you should hear Isabella, it really is an anaemic performance.

To be honest i think the worst one of all is the main narrator, he always sounds like he has just run up ten flights of stairs, and his voice fluctuates with some words being loud and others almost inaudible.

Koreans were already making fun of Sejong's voice acting a long time ago. Bismarck and Elizabeth are very good.(I don't speak German but it sounds very real) People who speak Portuguese should judge the voice acting.

He speaks a very formal, refined version of Portuguese (for Brazil, that is), even using some mildly European terms. They even got the Rio accent! And his non-aggressiveness, pragmatism seems to fit the leader he is seen history-wise. Got to say I loved him. The Portuguese is precise, the accent is perfect (he has a Rio accent, that's how accurate 2k got!) and the terms he uses fit him.

Maria I is also very, very good. She speaks a posh Portuguese, just like what the aristocracy used/uses, has a middle-aged voice, her voice vibrates with anger when you declare war on her...

I'd say the Portuguese voices are top-notch compared to, say, Spain's and even England's, and especially compared to most Portuguese voices in videogames (Age of Empires III and pretty much every game I recall, except Max Payne 3 for obvious reasons - if you want to see a game that portrays the Portuguese language as it is spoken today in Brazil, there's Max Payne)

The voice is really bad.
About the choose of the Pedro II, I disagree. I see that Getulio Vargas have more importance in brazilian history.

The man who sentenced your country to misery and decades of underdevelopment, from which you're still struggling (hopefully sucessfully) to get out from? The man who turned a marvelous, unique Latin American country (in that it had, traditionally, a strong, centralised government and a relatively successful industrialised economy) into yet another Banana Republic for decades? And the man who paved the way for the Military Dictatorship, decades later?

Yeam, Vargas would have been a great choice... so would have Franco for Spain, Salazar for Portugal and Mussolini for Italy.

I think many of the Arab/middle-eastern leaders look and sound really good, their palaces and backgrounds are fantastic, but i cannot understand what they say so i don't know how authentic they are.

Huhueland here too. I have to say I disagree, I actually like him and he's my favorite character from Brazilian history. He just sounds very serious (as he was in real life) with a pretty standard Rio de Janeiro accent, colored here and there by some antiquated expressions. Some people complained that the actor sounds younger than he was, but Pedro already looked like Santa by his late 40s, during the War of Paraguay.

Though I can't say anything about the anqituated expressions because I don't speak Portuguese, this is what I had in mind as well. He sounds very statesmanlike, not showing that much emotion. It suits him well I think.

Top Bottom