Bad Galley!

Tephros

Caffeine Junkie
So I noticed that my galleys can enter one ocean square provided I can see the land on the other side. This land happened to be Asoka's and my goal in the game was to eradicate religion from the world. He had two holy cities, and I wanted to raze them before anything spread to my cities.

So the ocean square between our continents is not owned by either empire, and there's a coast space on his side that is also unowned. After I declared war on him my galleys were able to make it back to my continent, but could not go back to his continent again with reinforcements:( .

I'm not sure if that is a bug or if it's intended, but it doesn't make sense to me. Anybody know why it works that way?

Do you have a screenshot?

Wodan

Galleys can only use ocean tiles if they are within your cultural borders or the cultural borders of someone you have open borders with.

MrCynical said:
Galleys can only use ocean tiles if they are within your cultural borders or the cultural borders of someone you have open borders with.

This is exactly it. Try using your galley within your border and outside of. You'll find that if you are not in your country, you can only move on the tile directly next to land. If you are in your country or a country with open borders, you can move to two tiles, provided that the boundaries extend two tiles into the water.

That wasn't the issue.
Tephros said:
So the ocean square between our continents is not owned by either empire

I think what may have happened is the auto-bump of units to the nearest safe plot when war is declared, although how the galleys got across in the first place I have no idea.

Top Bottom