Barbarians can build wonders

joasoze said:
It would be fun to play a game where surviving the barbarians would be the focus and not beating other civs. Maybe putting in 2/3 civs on a large map with lots and lots of barbarians. It would be very slow as defense would take most of the resources. Possibly using the worldbuilder or someting to put the civs on one end of the map and letting the barbarians come from the east/north or whatever. :)

A bit lord of the ringish if you get my drift. Anyone tried this?

You can edit the XML file and give the barbarian AI the same traits as any other AI (like Monty). Then they'll behave like any other CIV...but I'm not sure if you can ever open diplomacy with them.

You can also edit the XML (search CFC for directions,) to PLAY as the barbarians. You then have two choices -- to be the sedentary barbs that build cities, or the random unit-only barbs that appear in the fog of war and just try to attack and destroy things.

I've never seen a barbarian build a wonder. Conquer one, yes: build it? Not in a Civ game.

JaniSpetke said:
But how do they develop surrounding terrain and found cities? I've never spotted a barbarian worker or settler!

I think I've captured Barbarian Workers in cities.

Maybe these Barbarians are more intelligent than they were intended to be...maybe they will soon take over my computer too...

Top Bottom