1. Russia: general-jcl
2. Germany: Spartaca
3. Romania: Hasdrubal Barca
4. Finland: Hasdrubal Barca
5. Hungary: M60
6. Bulgaria: M60
7. Italy: M60

House Rules

• minor countries (except Bulgaria) should stay neutral or allied with Germany until they reach the third era of the technological tree (1943). After, they can freely choose their side
  • every autoproduce unit (units constructed at regular interval by some buildings) should be dissolved in another city in order that this unit could be captured or destroyed by ennemy
  • if Staline is killed, this is an immediate victory for Germany and his allies
  • if Hitler is killed, this is an immediate victory for Russia and his allies
  • if Mussolini is killed, Italy (and Hungary in this particular case) is forced to declare war upon Germany immediatly and must stay in war against this country until the end of the game
  • Sweden is neutral so you can't paradrop unit there to build airbase or whatever. Exception, the iron mines in the north of the country (near Narvik) can be attacked and destroyed
  • one is not able to exchange cities between nations if the considered city has a hostile unit in its radius
  • USSR cannot engage diplomacy until she has the "camarade Molotov" technology
  • the construction of the UNO entails the immediate victory of the country that achieved this wonder (there is not an election as in classic game of civ3)
  • Germany and Russia can't deliberaly ally themselves against a minor country. Germany is in war with USSR until the end of the game

I forgot an important additionnal rule:
- Germany and Russia can't deliberaly ally themselves against a minor country. Germany is in war with USSR until the end of the game

I think i will start the game this evening (in France it's 10:30 am now)

Much fun for all of you and I watch your reports. :)

I'll play it tonight. Let the fun begin!

Did you make any changes to the scenario or is it still the same as the other PBEM we played general-jcl?

Romania and Finland will conquer eastearn europe! (i know its a dream but its a good dream :rolleyes:)

Good luck to all!

Edit: Could you pls add to the house rules that minor countries can´t be attacked on turn zero to allow for game balance? thank you!

Germany launches surprise attack on Russia! Liepaja, Brest-Litovsk and Raseiniai were captured in lightning attacks with minimal resistance. German forces engage Russian units all along the Eastern Front and move in on many other Russian cities. Strategic bombing of Russian roads was conducted to cut off the retreat of fleeing Russian units. Hitler announces that it will be a quick war similar to the conquest of Western Europe and invites neighboring countries to join in helping eliminate the red menace once and for all.

Will play tommorrow, but save is not on box, pls resend!

I finished playing late in the morning and didn't get around to sending it yet. I'll send it when I get home from work.

GPS to Hungary, Sully

Romania and Finland unite against U.S.S.R.

ROMANIA

Near Chisinau

7 Bombers damage Divisions Blindée
5 Art Pieces damage Div. Blindée, Mechanizeé and Fusiliers.

Inf. Div. vs Div. Fusiliers
Div. Blindée vs Div. Blindée
Brigade Cav. vs Div. Mechanizée
Inf. Div vs Div. Blindée
Inf. Div vs Div. Blindée
Inf Réserve vs Div. Méchanizé

City bombed, no damage.

Near Bolgrad

8 Art. Pieces damage several units.
2 Bombers damage units.

Div. Inf. vs Regiment Génie
Div. Inf. vs Fusiliers
Brigade Cav. vs Inf. NKVD
Div Inf. vs Inf. NKVD
Div. La Guarde vs Inf. Mechanizée
Cav de la guarde vs Art
Div. Inf. vs Fusiliers

Near Chernovtsky

Art damage units

Cav. Div. vs Div. Blindée
Cav. Div. vs Div. Fusiliers
Cav. Div. vs Div. Fusiliers
Cav. Div. vs Div. Inf, retreats
Div. Inf vs Inf. NKVD
Div. Inf vs Div. Fusiliers

FINLAND

Near Hanko

Art. damage units
Bomber misses
Crouiser Léger damages Inf. NKVD

Div. Blindée vs Inf. NKVD
Chasseurs vs Inf. NKVD

Medvezjegorsk

Art damages Inf. NKVD
Art damages Fusiliers

Kalaskha

Art damages Div. Fusiliers

Vyborg

Inf. Div. vs Fusiliers Div.
Inf. Div. vs Fusiliers Div.

The Italians and Hungarians revolt against their leader due to the lack of prosecution of the war against Russia. M60A3TTS, a brash new commander, seizes power and vows to help push the Russians back to Siberia.

Update- Played Hungary but not entirely sure what is supposed to happen next. I expected the AI to play and then I would move on to Italy. Game just quit instead. When I try and open my save, it brings up the Bulgarians as the next option to play. :confused:

The first week of war against the Soviet Union is a fairly quiet one for these German allies.

Hungary- Admiral Horthy's mobile infantry makes first contact against their Soviet adversaries.

At Stanislav:

Air strike damages 44 Mountain Div
Cav Regt lost to Mountain Division
2. Motor Brigade defeats 76.2mm field gun 44 Mtn Div.
1. Motor Brigade defeats Mountain Division.
2. Motor Brigade (38mm Toldi) defeats 122mm arty 44 Mtn Div

Italy and Bulgaria applaud the move by Fuhrer Hitler to remove the Red menace once and for all. It is quite clear that the mass buildup of Soviet troops these past years has been solely for the purpose of crushing their neighbors. Presently moral support is the best the Italian and Bulgarian governments can offer. But troops are being mustered for the long struggle ahead.

gps to general-jcl

Germany summary turn #27

Germany continued its advance into Russia capturing Lutsk, Kovel, Pinsk, Grodno, Kaimas, Bentspils, Rovno and Wilan. There were lots of battles against Russian troops outside these cities but Germany prevailed in most with the help of artillery and air support. Of note, Germany destroyed 3 planes on an airfield west of Zhitomer and another 3 on an airfield west of Minsk. There was some strategic bombing of Russian roads. Germany killed one Russian partisan unit NE of Sarajevo.

GPS to Hasdrubal

GPS

ROMANIA

Bolgrad

2 Bombers damages units.
2 Art damage units.

Div. de La Guarde vs Art
Div. de La Guarde vs AA gun
Bolgrad Captured

2 Arts damages Secteur Fortifié
Div. Inf. vs Garrison
Div. Inf. vs Secteur Fortifié
Bomber damage Soviet Cav
Romanian Cav vs Soviet Cav
Romanian Cav vs Soviet Cav
Div. de La Guarde vs Div. Blindée

Chisinau

City under siege
8 Bombers raid down on city
2 Art damage nearby units

Chernovtsky

Art damage unit
Cav kills Art
Cav kills Anti Chars
Inf. Div kills Art

Epvatoria

Romanian land on Crimea, Marines capture city without resistance.

Several other units damaged or paint scratched.

FINLAND

Medvezjegorsk

Art damage unit
Chaseurs vs Fortifié Div.
Sissi vs Garrisson
City falls

Cav vs NKVD Inf.
Inf vs NKVD Inf.
Inf vs NKVD Inf.
Chasseur vs Inf

Hanko

Fortress Destroyed by naval bombard