1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Base Game Patch Notes (February 2018)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Softly, Feb 7, 2018.

1. rastak

rastak Emperor

Yup, I believe you are running the latest which includes the new patch.

2. katanaD

katanaD Chieftain

>Barbarian difficulty has been updated to scale with each difficulty level. (Warlord, Prince, King etc...)

hmm, wonder what exactly that means.

also the abundant resources spawning sea luxuries fix, LOL i wondered why i never saw any

and the new placing method of civs, then city states sounds great

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  3. conorbebe

conorbebe King

Unmentioned but the new/leaked monuments and palace designs for England, Spain, etc. are in!

4. miaasma

miaasma Prince

not sure if this has to do with the patch (i'm actually pretty sure it doesn't, since i remember this occurring pre-patch on occasion) but if you both meet a city state and discover a natural wonder at the same time during the first few turns of the game, the eureka for astrology won't activate

5. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

Then I have already discovered an unintended issue regarding the science per pop: it appears to be 0.6. Though the total for science does not sum up correctly. :sad:
    SciencePerPop.PNG

6. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Another tweak to AI spaceport behaviour, but no fix to their failure to repair spaceports? I really worry that this is a deliberate feature.

I'm starting to think I may be the only one wanting a random map size option - it still hasn't been implemented.

It now builds fighters and in my last couple of games I've seen them used as a 'garrison'. That's an improvement since it now means they can actually harm bombers, but it still builds few of them, it never builds bombers, and it doesn't actively attack with fighters when it can. It also doesn't ever repair fighters damaged on intercept.

7. katanaD

katanaD Chieftain

can anyone relay the size of this patch?

8. anandus

anandus Errorist

1.1GB

9. Zelda1983

Zelda1983 Warlord

Sounds good. Happy to enjoy the game.

10. AnalogWigwam

AnalogWigwam Chieftain

"Rework start position algorithm to spread major powers evenly across the map first and then insert city-states in the margins. Results in improved distances between Civilizations and better quality for major civ start positions."

In my experience so far, they still seem not to have addressed this adequately. In fact, it may be even worse. I'm not seeing the bug, but I'm still meeting civs, on pangea, on turn 3, who have cities with borders 6 hexes from mine. More than a bit frustrating.

11. anandus

anandus Errorist

I guess it also depends on the amount of players. And it's not clear what the intended goal is.
    In the Zulu livestream Korea and the Zulu cap borders are seperated 5 tiles. No one is batting an eye, so I'm assuming it's intended to start relatively close.

Although it's a different story when you spawn two settlers 3 tiles from eachother.

Personally I always remove a few players as I find the amount of players on a given map size too cramped.

12. miaasma

miaasma Prince

yeah, both games so far i've had people with starting cities within 7-8 hexes of my capital

i don't think this is a good design decision, if it is in fact intended. cramped play makes early game very one note

13. katanaD

katanaD Chieftain

Same, i actually like to play a map with a small amount of civs to make exploring more fun, to me at least.

14. PYITE

PYITE Prince

It’s 50% return

Seems as though this was intended for the base game but was not working correctly since release.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  15. Arms Longfellow

Arms Longfellow Warlord

"Improved resource trading, AI considers luxury resources it is currently importing."

This change is huge and will make Deity significantly more difficult. Before, all I had to do was secure one good trading partner and I was able to trade him all 5 copies of my whatever for tons of money. Now, if this change does what I think it will, I'll be forced to find multiple trading partners who don't hate me to give me full value for my resources (ie less warmongering/trying to keep them happy by fulfilling their agenda).

16. kamex

kamex Emperor

Does anyone know if they fixed that bug where the narrator reads quote twice if you get a eureka and research a tech on the same turn?

17. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

I've been playing about 2 hours and I haven't had it happen, so I'm going to tentatively say yes.

Baracoa and Tiger Genocide like this.
  18. kamex

kamex Emperor

Here's hoping. They don't usually put stuff like that in the patch notes even when they do fix it. Thanks for the reply.

19. Haig

Haig Deity

I wonder are we getting a separate bunch of notes for changes in Rise & Fall like how old civs got rebalanced (example Persia gets extra loyalty for garrisoned troops)

20. Jewelrunna

Jewelrunna Prince

Anyone else notice that Australia has a color palette swap? They used to be orange & cream, and now are a green & black color scheme.