BAT install error with steam

mcmoor

Chieftain
I just bought Civ 4 complete edition and i already install bug and bull mods with Civ4:BTS. When I tried to install the BAT it says that the installer can't locate the registry of the civ bts. When I install it anyway the game won't load at all. Only after I uninstall BAT again I can run the game again normally

The reason that installer won't work with Steam versions is that I do not have Civ4 on Steam, and as such, I have no idea what the registry keys are to have the installer check them.

However, all is not lost. Go to SourceForge (The same page as you got BAT 4.1) and download the .ZIP file of BAT 4.1 and unzip it into your "BTS\Mods" folder, wherever that is under Steam.

Try that and let me know if it works, k?

The reason that installer won't work with Steam versions is that I do not have Civ4 on Steam, and as such, I have no idea what the registry keys are to have the installer check them.

However, all is not lost. Go to SourceForge (The same page as you got BAT 4.1) and download the .ZIP file of BAT 4.1 and unzip it into your "BTS\Mods" folder, wherever that is under Steam.

Try that and let me know if it works, k?

But isn't with that way I must load the mod every time I play the game. Is there any way that it become the default just like the BUG mod?

Anyway, thanks for replying!

But isn't with that way I must load the mod every time I play the game. Is there any way that it become the default just like the BUG mod?

Anyway, thanks for replying!
Because BAT is a stand alone mod, you have to load the mod each time you play.

To get it to start along with BTS (and I don't know if this works for Steam versions), is to edit the Civilization.ini file in your BTS directory and change this line:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = 0

to

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\BAT Mod 4.1

That should allow you to load BAT each time you load the game. If you want to play with other mods, you can either unload BAT when you start the game and reload the other mod, or change the Mod = back to zero and load the mod after you load Civ.

I hope that answers your question. :)

I want to point out that this does work, ingame it says this is version 4.0 however and not 4.1

I definitely think you should transfer your copy to steam, I contacted 2k and they gave me the steam keys.

Most likely this thread and answer will help other users, who desire to install the MOD BAT

Hello Lemon Merchant,
I read, and have always agreed with, the signature in your post. (That it is more pleasant, when people say "thank you" for one's help and time.)

I ran into a road block installing BAT. The message regarding the Windows registry key. I looked for several hours in order to get this mod up running. – Then I found your advice (as well as your signature here).

– Hence, I registered at the forum — in order to state that I, five years later in 2022, needed and followed your advice. What a "time machine". 🙂

So due to your help written July 6th 2017, as well as your endnote: '...mostly due to the majority of people having the inability to say a simple "thank you."'...

BAT with your zip-solution is now up running at my location. I do appreciate it. You have truly made a splendid work with BAT to enhance Civilization IV, I believe and state as a former R&D manager.

Hope this makes you happy to learn!

Sincerely,

Last edited:
Top Bottom