Battleship in an inland city

Heerlo

Jedi Master Hearlo
I was playing a game of Civ5, vanilla(and multiplayer, if that even matters), and the following scenario occured.

I had a coastal city where I was building up naval forces, and I had an aircraft carrier in that city.But then I built a battleship while the aircraft carrier was still there, so for some reason when the battleship was finished, it was not in the city I built it in, but instead one appeared in my capital, which was inland!I cannot move it, and it just sits there all the time now.I thought it would be good to have if someone was ever attacking my capital, though.It acts like it would actually be able to attack.:lol:

Has anyone else ever seen this happen?

Edit:I completely forgot I that I was going to upload a picture with this.

Here it is.

Attachments

• 2012-10-21_00001.jpg
    2012-10-21_00001.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 314
That's funny. Never seen that before. You would think that the game would have given you a chance to move the stacked unit.

Yea its an extra defender inland - good defense if ever needed :p

I had one (GK) game where I took a CS with a Destroyer and liberated it. My ship cant sit inside a foreign city, so it moved it 2 tiles over to a 1 tile lake. Yesterday, I did the same liberating Singapore from Theodora and rather than just moving the ship back into the ocean, it moved it into the coastal city next door. Odd choices...

I've had that happen before, with a battleship too :b

I had just conquered a coastal city from russia, and later traded the city for peace and a TON of Gold.

I had a battleship in the city when I traded it, and I didn't have open borders. The closest territory the Battleship could be sent to was my inland city :b it is pretty cool.

Btw, you are VERY lucky you kept the battleship. Whenever my cities can't place a unit in the city, it deletes it without any monetary refund >:o

I had one (GK) game where I took a CS with a Destroyer and liberated it. My ship cant sit inside a foreign city, so it moved it 2 tiles over to a 1 tile lake. Yesterday, I did the same liberating Singapore from Theodora and rather than just moving the ship back into the ocean, it moved it into the coastal city next door. Odd choices...

Once I freed a worker from barbarian control. They teleported to the opposite side of the adjacent barbarian, the farthest they could get from both my troops and my cities, while remaining next to a barbarian.

It stayed in there for a while, but eventually my capital got nuked and the ship was destroyed.

Obviously, it was the legendary space battleship Yamato. The turn that nuke went off, she departed for Iscandar.

Ohhh nukes :b How I love you soo!

Top Bottom