[UNIT] Bermuda Rigged Caravel

MightyToad

Sith Lord
I posted a request for more sailing ship units, but there hasn't been any interest so far. I've taken a shot at Blender and nifskope. Blender is more of a nemesis than a helpful tool unfortunately. As confusing as Blenders UI is I find nifskope even worst. That said, after poking at buttons like a monkey for the last week and reading this forum I have come up with this Unit. I don't think the forum will allow me to attach files (since I only lurk) so I will attach a mediafire link:
Edit: Nevermind. Here's the link to the download page:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/sailing-ship-pack.28134/

I was able to fix the loss of alpha and team color bleed with nifskope. Also, the damage texture shows up on the hull of the ship. But i haven't figured out how to apply it to the sails. Another annoying problem was the bounding box was gigantic and I was unable to click on the individual ships in game, but it turned out the be something to do with bones or whatever.

So, I simply hacked off the rigging of the vanilla caravel and slapped on a modern bermuda rig from another model. Should be a two hour job I think, but took me all week.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Very nice ship. I think it looks alot nicer than the standard game's caravel. Definitely will find a home in my mod, probably with Caribbean civs, Taino, Calusa, Carib etc

Definitely interested in more ships here. Whatever catches your fancy and you want to make, I will use it.

Thanks for your thoughts. Schooner rigged sloops were the work horses of the British and American navy in the 18th century. Also, lugger rigged armed ships for hire in European waters. That's what is sorely needed I think. I'm looking through the free 3d model sites and see what is available.

Top Bottom