Best civ for cultural victory?

in order to win a cultural victory you need to be left alone for 100 turns.
so a military civ is a good cultural civ.
you need to kill your opponents off, and leave 1 of them weak, and then go for cultural victory. 1 to 3 cities is good for cultural victory.

both india-greece-china-france-egypt-askia are good cultural victory civs.

there are no maps where you can win a cultural victory and not a military victory.
if you mass landmarks to win a cultural victory then you will be crushed militarily. unless you get a huge early lead.

If you go for cultural victory then do not play MP unless you choose to do so when your lead is huge.

in order to win a cultural victory you need to be left alone for 100 turns.
so a military civ is a good cultural civ.
you need to kill your opponents off, and leave 1 of them weak, and then go for cultural victory. 1 to 3 cities is good for cultural victory.

both india-greece-china-france-egypt-askia are good cultural victory civs.

there are no maps where you can win a cultural victory and not a military victory.
if you mass landmarks to win a cultural victory then you will be crushed militarily. unless you get a huge early lead.

If you go for cultural victory then do not play MP unless you choose to do so when your lead is huge.

I've always thought this is sort of a ******ed way to win a cultural victory. I mean when you really break it down it's a domination victory... you're reducing that last city to your only real competition and I'm sure you have it at your mercy for the entirety of the game. The way a cat plays with a mouse before killing it.

I think if you really want to play for a culture victory, and not hack your way across a continent that'll pretty much eat your sword, you ought to stick with a few cities. No more than three. But for Pete's sake, let the game unfold! It's funner and more challenging. Defending a few cities against the onslaught of civs with way more cities and armies. Probably get out-teched too unless your savvy. But that's the challenge!

France or Songhai puppet strategy is probably still the best way to go.

What difficulty are you playing at OP? I play on Prince and did the Bollywood cultural victory no problems. I just went to war once with another Civ in order to keep the score leader in check, but it didn't take wiping out the continent. My tip is to keep a smallish empire though, so the social policy cost remains low.

I played the OCC quite a bit and I can win pretty much very time on Emperor. On Immortal its really inconsistent and I have to have the right start location (tile wise) and the right map location (neighbor wise).

Most time, the AI will leave you alone. I normally only keep 1-2 units around, (if I get bored I'll form up a posse and start killing stuff, but this will cost my turns in terms of time till victory. I think its the tech lead that you have that keeps them at bay and not to mention that on Emperor and below you don't need more than 2 units to hold back an AI.

Alexander is bar far the best that I've tried. I've done the OCC post patch in a fairly poor spot in 250 turns. It was along the ocean with mostly grass land tiles (so very little money). Babylon is my second choice simply because of the number of GS you can create. The quicker you get to Acoustics... Radio the better. Finally Egypt, most of your production is done on wonders so...

I have not tried Siam but I expect similar results to Alexander. Alexander though gets double the value for the "points" he earns with the CS while each CS Siam is friends/allied with is essentially 1.5 CS. So, Siam needs two CS for every 3 CS Alexander has, but Alexander will have say 1500G to ally with 3 CS, and Siam will only pay 1000G to ally with 2 CS, but Alexander will only have to pay another XG to upkeep in half the time. So, overall, I think Alexander will do best.

The most important thing in a cultural victory now, is city size. The large the better even if it mean sacrificing certain things like production and science early.

Edit: I actually tried Siam, definitely as good as Alex if not better. The unique building with two science slots is a big factor as well the fact that you may not find all the Maritime City states you want and thus you'll have an advantage here. On the other side Alex can rally more CS to his side and take advantage on the science bonus in the patronage tree.

Top Bottom