Best Civ for Pangea Map...?

Roblord

Chieftain
Playing G+K...King level...Marathon speed. Reasonably new to the game. Didn't like Archipelago too much. Continents was good, but want to try Pangea. So far..of the 4-5 civs I've tried...I like playing the Romans.

Romans and Chinese are good builder picks. Chinese especially.

If you don't mind a more linear and aggressive playstyle, the Aztecs and the Celts offer a pretty different experience.

I would think on marathon that getting ahead w/ religion would be even more of a big deal than on Normal, so Civs with innate faith bonuses could be very powerful.

I haven't actually tried it on pangaea, but you might consider the Huns. Horse archers (which don't require horses) and battering rams come very early and are very powerful; you could try to dominate the world just with them.

Decided to go with the Romans. Only managed to build 3 cities before unhappiness and war declarations raised their ugly heads. The Incans attacked my newly built third city with a Warrior/Slinger rush that I only barely survived. I killed the Warriors and the Slingers couldn't occupy the city...and finally other civs declared on them...drawing their units away. I stayed at three cities a while until the Siamese attacked....and kept DOW...so I vowed to destroy them . I took their three cities and puppeted them. Now...fighting the Ottomans...who snuck a city in right by my capital while I was distracted fighting the Siamese....grrrr....Techwise...just got to Gunpowder..and managed to build the Leaning Tower(though many of the Wonders went to the AI). Not bad for my first attempt at King...but the game isn't over yet....as I'm on a Huge Pangea map.

probably mongols

but if you want to go another route, religion is much, much easier to spread on pangea. especially with religious texts (+33/66% faster spread). So religious flavored civs have an advantage because that belief is so critical.

It depends.

If you want to build more than fight, nebuchadnezzar is very solid due to his early game science rates. Austria is ridiculously strong. Ethiopia is a very good choice as well.

If you want to fight, mongols are probably the strongest civ for that still. Chinese is a good option, too.

I wouldn't claim their the best, but I'm currently doing well with building a tall Mayan empire on a large Pangea Plus map on marathon.

Top Bottom