Best Conquest

Napoleon (France, looking forward to trying Britain), Rise of Rome (Rome, want to try Greece), Mesoamerica (Maya)

Shogun was great too. (Oda)
I didn't like how the other computers did not upgrade their Dyamios, plus they always lived in their capital city so it was easy to kill them with a group of Ninjas.

Middle Ages

Rise of Rome as Greece is great fun IMHO, but I've come to the conclusion that all but WWII in the Pacific are nice and I don't really have a favourite. WWII in the Pacific is just too much island hoping for me.

sorry for starting a similar thread, I forgot about this one... but it has a poll. If you are still not sick of polls, you may vote there on multiple conquests. :)

They were all pretty good, I have trouble picking just one as my favorite. I perfer the ones that start you out from the beginning, but even the ones which start you out with pre-built cities and units after a few turns and you get a feel for everything they're all just as good.

I've tried only the first three so far. Fall of Rome absolutely sucks--the AI will not declare war on Rome for anything. Mesopotamia seems very easy relative to the difficulty level. As Sumer, I wiped out the Babylonians and Phoenicians on the way to a point victory, and as the Mycenians I got a wonder victory by being totally peaceful.

The Rome conquests are my fav so far. I played Rise of Rome as the Romans and had fun fighting wars on multiple fronts. It got a lil tight towards the end of the game. I almost ran out of time before I finally won (11 turns left). I had the territory but my population wasnt high enough. The last few turns were spent having all my workers join cities to boost me up over 50% of the world's pop. Had lots of fun playing that one.

I just finished Fall of Rome earlier tonight. I played as the Huns and found it to be challenging and fun. I love how the Huns start with a ton of horsemen and settlers that can move 2 spaces. I just moved them steadily west until I found the sweet spot. Nice lil touch there by the devs.

I had no problem getting the other tribes to form military alliances with me. It just took some money. Which I had plenty of since I stuck to the barbarian mentality and only researched the Barbarian tech tree never going over 50% science. I just bought the rest of the techs.

The biggest downside to Fall of Rome is that it seems nearly impossible to get a good war going with the earlier Barbarian units. By the time I got my cities down and got them connected with roads, I was building Warlords.

My best Conquest was this chick that I worked with in Tucson. Damn she was h4wt!

I've enjoyed WW2 (as all civs), Napoleon (France & Britain), and Rise of Rome (Rome, now playing Carthage). No real favorite, they're all good.

Top Bottom