Best Conquest

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Comrade Pedro, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

Oops wrong button

2. valamas

valamas Prince

Napoleon (France, looking forward to trying Britain), Rise of Rome (Rome, want to try Greece), Mesoamerica (Maya)

3. valamas

valamas Prince

Shogun was great too. (Oda)
    I didn't like how the other computers did not upgrade their Dyamios, plus they always lived in their capital city so it was easy to kill them with a group of Ninjas.

4. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

Middle Ages

5. southstar

southstar Chieftain

Rise of rome.great one

6. EmperorJay

EmperorJay Chieftain

Rise of Rome as Greece is great fun IMHO, but I've come to the conclusion that all but WWII in the Pacific are nice and I don't really have a favourite. WWII in the Pacific is just too much island hoping for me.

7. Longasc

Longasc Deity

sorry for starting a similar thread, I forgot about this one... but it has a poll. If you are still not sick of polls, you may vote there on multiple conquests. :)

8. bru

bru Prince

Mesopotamia for me. In part because it was my first!

9. The Apple

The Apple Chieftain

They were all pretty good, I have trouble picking just one as my favorite. I perfer the ones that start you out from the beginning, but even the ones which start you out with pre-built cities and units after a few turns and you get a feel for everything they're all just as good.

10. DBear

DBear unbeliever

I've tried only the first three so far. Fall of Rome absolutely sucks--the AI will not declare war on Rome for anything. Mesopotamia seems very easy relative to the difficulty level. As Sumer, I wiped out the Babylonians and Phoenicians on the way to a point victory, and as the Mycenians I got a wonder victory by being totally peaceful.

11. Chad

Chad Chieftain

The Rome conquests are my fav so far. I played Rise of Rome as the Romans and had fun fighting wars on multiple fronts. It got a lil tight towards the end of the game. I almost ran out of time before I finally won (11 turns left). I had the territory but my population wasnt high enough. The last few turns were spent having all my workers join cities to boost me up over 50% of the world's pop. Had lots of fun playing that one.

I just finished Fall of Rome earlier tonight. I played as the Huns and found it to be challenging and fun. I love how the Huns start with a ton of horsemen and settlers that can move 2 spaces. I just moved them steadily west until I found the sweet spot. Nice lil touch there by the devs.

I had no problem getting the other tribes to form military alliances with me. It just took some money. Which I had plenty of since I stuck to the barbarian mentality and only researched the Barbarian tech tree never going over 50% science. I just bought the rest of the techs.

The biggest downside to Fall of Rome is that it seems nearly impossible to get a good war going with the earlier Barbarian units. By the time I got my cities down and got them connected with roads, I was building Warlords.

12. Pounder

Pounder Phaethon was here

13. skorn

skorn Hwach'a Out!

My best Conquest was this chick that I worked with in Tucson. Damn she was h4wt!

14. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

I've enjoyed WW2 (as all civs), Napoleon (France & Britain), and Rise of Rome (Rome, now playing Carthage). No real favorite, they're all good.