Best Starts

Freedom

Warlord
I'm sure there have been other threads like this before, but I would have to say this is one of the BEST starts I have ever seen :

Small Fractal, Monarch :

3x Crabs, 1x Gold, 1x Cow, several floodplains...

I seriously don't even know what to do here :eek:

Good starts, but... well, these are all good starts, but I think I've seen starts that make these look like post-apocalyptic wastelands.

So Jacob (*hint* *hint* you might want to censor your actual name!), if your Darius, that start is even better since then you'll be Financial. However, if your the other guy (what's his name again?), harsh luck.

However, in response to this picture, this is much better, and the land around it, just as good.

Drat, can't find it. Maybe someone else can? (I really hate the new search engine!) It was a deity start as Elizabeth with 5 sea foods and the rest flood-plains except for the grassland cow and two hills. It was awesome!

So Jacob (*hint* *hint* you might want to censor your actual name!), if your Darius, that start is even better since then you'll be Financial. However, if your the other guy (what's his name again?), harsh luck.

However, in response to this picture, this is much better, and the land around it, just as good.

Drat, can't find it. Maybe someone else can? (I really hate the new search engine!) It was a deity start as Elizabeth with 5 sea foods and the rest flood-plains except for the grassland cow and two hills. It was awesome!

Censor his name? Coming from a guy who is posting under the name Matthew5117? :lol:

:blush:

These things ALWAYS happen to me. :rotfl:

Emperor HOF Game. I screwed it up too!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002EDITED.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0002EDITED.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 261
ten characters

have had a game where i had 12(!!) riverside sugar, 4 hills and a copper in the BFC

You settled on top of gold! :eek:

Three reasons:

1. I was running a Wonder Economy. Gold producing tiles in the capitol's bfc are not helpful. Food and hammer tiles are desired.

2. I got the additional initial hammer to get my first worker out faster.

3. Instant access to the +1 happy from gold resource.

2 Gold, A Cow in that corner, a Stone, 2 Clams, Rivers off to the corner...
This is a pretty nice start.

+ There is another Fish, Rice, and another Gold close to my Settler.

Attachments

• Nice Start0000.jpeg
    Nice Start0000.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 107
Regarding settling on gold: That's often worthy of consideration if there is no other conveniently placed plains hill available.

Settling on top gives us +1:commerce:+1:hammers: right from the start; faster workers lead to nice snowball effects.
On a mined tile, the gold gives us -1:hammers:+7:commerce:. While 3:commerce: are usually worth more than 1:hammers:, it's not a ludicrously bad exchange... less of a sin than settling on top of a flood plain.

Top Bottom