Best Use of SGL?

I almost always use it for science or rush a wonder . . . but in the middle ages and industrial times use him for sceince. If you get one in the modern times use him for sceince too. Science is what sets us your civ apart in the game. More tech means better units , better govts , and better wonders and more.

Are you talking about using SGLs for Scientific Golden Ages? If so, I assume that you didn't know that they don't work?

Yes i use him for Sceintific Golden Ages and they SO DO WORK!:sniper: :old:

Maybe cause you never use you SGL's for that and yes it does work. Maybe cause you have the slider on 0%?

I'll second Aabraxan. Using an SGL for the "Science Golden Age" is pointless because it doesn't work. This is a well-known bug and has been documented by many players.

My reasearch does go up about 2 or 3 turns for all techs wich is helpful. You guys must have Civilization :vomit: cause I know it works. Its not to significant but it puts most techs down to 5 turns. In the middle ages.

Maybe cause you never use you SGL's for that and yes it does work. Maybe cause you have the slider on 0%?

I'll grant you that I don't use SGLs for that, but that's because it SGA's don't work. If they did, I suspect I'd be quite fond of them them. I very rarely set my science to 0%. Go back and look at your F1 screen and count the turns while researching a tech. If you still don't believe me, download the save from Bede's Challenge #1 and test it for yourself. The challenge there was to maximize beakers, and we had an SGL available. IIRC, look in Calcutta. Load it up and run some tests both with and without the SGA activated.

Edit: And I ran a quick search in the bug reports forum for"scientific golden age." I tried to post a link to the search, but when I came back later, the link didn't work. You might try running a search for it.

Look it works for me ok? I dont know what pathetic patch or whatever the heck your using but it works for me. Sometimes it dont work or dont make a difference with some techs because a city goes to civil disorder but it does work. You dont notice it all the time. like once I got SGL and then i use it for SGA and printing press went down 1 turn.

Look it works for me ok? I dont know what pathetic patch or whatever the heck your using but it works for me. . . .

The "pathetic patch" that I use is Conquests v1.22. If SGAs work for you, great. I have my doubts, though. You wouldn't happen to have a save with a working SGA, would you?

i had like a crapload of saves and I had to delete them. and I dont know how to do that. Im new to CFC. Not to civ.

Lord Templar,
Look, I'm really not trying to give you a hard time. The non-functioning SGA bug is well known and my search in the bug reports forum had posts as far back as 2004 about it. You are the only person that I've seen insist that it works. So if you do come across a save with a working SGA, or if you can get the one from Bede's Challenge (which is C3C v1.22) to work, I'd like to see it.

Uploading is a piece o' cake. I use the Easy Upload System (look for the red button at the upper right corner of the box that is open when you type up a post. Alternatively, there's a "Manage Attachments" button lower down on the page.

Oh! Ive seen that thanks.

Ever heard of the "lying character sheet" phenomenon in cRPG's ?
This is where the character sheet says your character is doing 50 damage with his uber sword of behind-kicking, but when you hit an enemy, it actually only tries to reduce the enemy HP by 20.

Well, the SGL bug in C3C works in a similar fashion:
If you activate the SGA, the F1 screen and the F6 screen claim that you will complete...
(1) ...researching "steam power" in 6 turns, instead of 8!
(2) the next turn it is 5 turns, until completion.
(3) then the turn after that it is 5 turns again! (huh?)
(4) then the turn after that it is 4 turns,
(5) then 3 turns,
(6) then 3 turns again!
(7) then 2 turns,
(8) then 1 turn.
And now you are at 8 turns in total!

So the human interface (UI) tells you it works, but under the hood, the effect of the SGA is completely ignored.

lets call it the: "lying advisor screen effect."

Hey Abraxan, I need your knowledge. I just got a military leader but i cant hurry my wonder. Ive tried it in all my cites and my capital and it wont hurry. Any input?

Oh and i have a save.

Looks like im makin a army.

Top Bottom