• Civ IV (Vanilla)

Votes: 320 46.0%
  • Civ Rev

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Civ V (Vanilla)

Votes: 186 26.8%

• Total voters
Civ2. That is easy.

BTW I don't see the civ II and III mobile phone versions as options ( I have III ) :p If civ rev is there , they should be as well :D

P.S IIRC there is civ IV for mobile phone as well ...

When talking about vanilla, Civ V wins the trophy especially since the patch.

When talking about vanilla, Civ V wins the trophy especially since the patch.
Given that I can't continue my saved games since the patch, I beg to disagree of your optimism :D For me civ V is worse since the patch :p

The best game I ever played that I enjoyed the most was on Civ 2, so I vote Civ 2.

I thought about that since I can remember some great games (played it for 8 years). But then I realized the poll said vanilla and beating Civ2 on Deity was a no-brainer. The great games I had were with scenarios. I voted for Civ4 because it made me work for a win and offered a challenge, even at Prince. Can't say that for Civ2 or Civ5.

Civ 2 is the best, hands down. They should have sticked with that concept much closer. CIV III is my good second. Why? Despite the issue's with corruptions, the warfare is the best of all series and the diplomatics worked quite well. After II, the most fun to play.

I voted Civ I only because it was the game that got me hooked on the franchise.

Every game is different and has it's own merit. I love every one equally.

Civ IV, easily. The first time I played I thought, "Wow, all of the stuff I enjoyed from II and III and none of the stuff that annoyed me!"
III was the worst, despite the innovations (like cultural borders and strategic resources) which I liked. I never played Civ I.
To be polite, the jury is still out on V.

To be fair, Civ5 vanilla isn't complete yet. It's getting at least one free DLC and presumably more patches are on the way.

But whatever the case, I think it'd be one of civ5 or civ4. Civ1 in a nostalgic sense... and civ2 I enjoyed immensely at the time. Ci3 was so-so, but civ4 hooked me like never had been done. As I said, civ5 so far is basically unfinished, so it's hard to judge it.

Civ4 BtS > Civ5 Vanilla > Civ4 Vanilla > Civ1 > Civ3 > Civ2

I fully expect that Civ5, when fully expanded, will occupy the far left of this when it's all said and done.

*cough* Master of Magic eats them all *cough*

Why vote on vanilla versions, just becasue V is only Vanilla?

Seriously. C3C and BtS are both awesome. However it needs to be said that Civ I, Civ II, Civ III and Civ IV Vanilla are all superior to Civ V and I firmly believe this will still be true after the first expansion.

Top Bottom