1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BETA: 1.25

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by Xyth, Apr 9, 2018.

1. eysteinn

eysteinn Chieftain

The Persians under Darius.

I like this mod the most. Its not a kitchen sink mod. I dont understand why the other "popular" mods make so many useless game killing changes.

That being said, the end game feels a little empty. Can we get some more realistic future units?

2. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Have found and fixed the problem. Thanks!

Thank you! I've never understood the kitchen sink approach either.

Bear in mind that HR has a Digital Era rather than a Future Era. It is a bit empty still, yes. I'm not planning to add any thing else for 1.25 but if you have any suggestions for such units feel free to make them in this thread.

3. dretnoth

dretnoth Warlord

Hi...
    1.- I notice a problem whit traded (via diplomacy) naval transports. If it contain transported cargo (units) the cargo slot is taken and cannot be freed. Even if it dint show what is loaded the unit cargo display 1/3. (observed on Galeons, maybe sooner) I think I saw even 2/3 taken, so it can carry only one of my units.
    + Gifted transports shall unload itself if the command to gift is taken. Or it do but only for one or some units.

2.- My game stop responding (save file), After Germans artilleries finishing Assault. The cursor (globe) of turn processing still going. But when I go whit cursor to middle of screen, I can see the cursor change to windows type, indicated that there is a windows table talking: "the civ4 program stop responding." (Dint know why. Not need repair = its already near End game = maybe domination victory.)
    + Can someone test the save? If the stop response occur on your comp to, or is some off my local errors?
    I put there the report but I dint think it record the civ4 stop responding (14h47)
    = Now when I think about it now, its possible that it is a fall on Domination victory: similar stop responding occur on my other play when I already pushing the end game by domination.

3.- I checked the logs, and when the save file was loaded a error log was created and the last line was:
    Code:
    DEBUG: BugInit - game not fully initialized
    is that normal or I again have something wrong set?

Attached Files:

4. dretnoth

dretnoth Warlord

Please add quick Launch instruction of HR for Steam Users [Windows] so it will launch load HR mod instead Vanilla. But it will take its time to launch.
    Alternative for shortcuts.
    I Think tat the current AI is not capable gift away their cities. (see picture)

Attached Files:

5. devolution

devolution Prince

This line of code in CvUnitAI.cpp triggers a "read access violation":

Code:
                                /// SUPER: Super Forts
                                    if (pLoopPlot->getOwnerINLINE() == getOwnerINLINE() || (GC.getImprovementInfo((ImprovementTypes)GC.getBuildInfo(eBuild).getImprovement()).isActsAsCity() && GC.getImprovementInfo((ImprovementTypes)GC.getBuildInfo(eBuild).getImprovement()).isOutsideBorders()))
                                /// END: Super Forts

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  6. devolution

devolution Prince

I spoke too soon, the issue I wrote about in the earlier post was just a symptom (Funny how an access violation does not result in the termination of the process!)

The real issue is the following:

Assert Failed
    File: .\.\CvSelectionGroupAI.cpp
    Line: 191
    Expression: false
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Generally this happens when the AI fails to queue up a mission for the unit that is being processed within a set number of iterations (see the iTempHack kludge in CvSelectionGroupAI::AI_update() ) . In this case the AI repeatedly attempts to find a mission for a worker by calling CvUnitAI::AI_workerMove() 100 times before finally giving up.

7. devolution

devolution Prince

... and then we finally get to the "piece de resistance", another read access violation but this time it is the good ol' null pointer dereference
    It's the result of CvUnitAI::AI_stackAttackCity calling pCity->getDefenseDamage(). The problem is that pLoopPlot->getPlotCity() a couple of lines above has handed us a null pointer! so this does not end well... :p

8. dretnoth

dretnoth Warlord

Thank devolution for answer.

So basically I get there missing a secondary safe step for "if null", "if return 0" and "if no answer" or "access denied", and it loop itself to point where windows say "U doing some bull****ting so I ending you!"

Spoiler I yust realize this solution, will dint solve the problem. :

If its not the problem whit fortress unique defs.
    So the 3. safe step can be a variable that count the calling times. If pas then mark bool variable bug-stuck and skip it turn.
    If that happens next round but its already marked then save data (unit type, xp level= Yes/no, xp level) delete that unit and create new one on capital, give it xp.

9. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Well have to see if the problem still occurs in the 2nd beta, as many of these lines have been altered since.

10. somerandomguy58

somerandomguy58 Chieftain

a couple things i wanted to state, (if they haven't been stated already) is that 1, the armenian's cuirassier/cavalry have a glitch where you can't see the promotions or the order buttons. and a couple civ's workers would t-pose with all the tools and such equipped in their hands at once. other than that and the occasional "tradeutil unknown item x" the mod is great! keep up the good work!

also, something to consider for future releases, maybe either add more civics, or, i forget what it was called, but a similar system to legends of revolution, where your choices in civics change up the name of said civ? it'd be interesting to add, but i'm sure it'd have it's trouble's getting it in and making it work properly, so it's merely a suggestion.

hope to play the next release soon!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  11. dretnoth

dretnoth Warlord

Hi. I was thinking about how to solve poor money income in early and post early stage of game. (when you must hold up defence units and road building because the draw back will influence techs race.)
    So I come whit something that can be describable as tax from population size. (I know this can turn bad really quick. Especial when AI have bonuses and push high city size and numbers.)
    -So first break is to limit this income only to wealth.
    -Second, I will edit Prayer (Worship) from "-50% production to Doctor and Scientist" to "-100% tax from population size.
    (In Financial Advisor it can be described as Income from population size.)

When I on it how will fell if:
    Ceremony (Worship) will lost "-25% wealth in capital" and get "+1 unhealthy in all city and -50% pop size tax"
    Meditation (Worship) lost "+25% Military unit production cost" to "+25% supply cost" (when outside of border)

As for traits I dint feel for additional one as "Big country" or "Crows" or "Nepotism" whit +25% pop size tax. As for editing existing the Tactical has questionable military unit upgrade cost that can be forgotten.

Few others things.
    I have bad feeling for AI proposing unfair trade for resources for hard money and instantly cancelling it when it have a chance to do it (10 turns) Can be trading resources for hard cash or units be blocked? So resource for resource (+hard cash, +round cash), or for +hard cash, (+round cash) or similar thing.

The Great Persons using for techs rush allowed from Record Keeping or Writing. So they (AI) will use it for economy, or hold it for rainy dais.

Barbarian culture. Not sure if already yes. But for dissent purpose: "double the conversion rate of barbarian culture into you culture" or "halve its effect"

UI if possible... [sketch]

On the main screen. On UI under city describing city size icon, production icon, food and production bar and status icon on top. Add on bottom progress bar for top speed Great person. On left culture progress. On right Dissent progress. Or just throw it into info display on left size of screen. (detailed city info panel whit no need of opening city)
    So I dint know how shall be displayed on opponent city. If i need spy status on "can see demography" or it will need to be "status to see the city". Or just for now generally can have the city in sight.
    UI City main screen.jpg UI City main screen 2.jpg

Last thing is if a conquered cities (on explored tile bud not overseen tile) dint disappear from explored map? If possible. I mean i get it it must be pull out from marked as owned by previous over bud seriously if it was not destroyed it shall be still displayed even on old map. Same think come for rebellion. The city is there why it put off from my maps. So if possible can there come icon whit name under it name of that there has been city. (Lets say ruins whit flag in middle marking it conquered) And when the title will be re-explored it will be all corrected displaying what is there.

12. dretnoth

dretnoth Warlord

Can I get the file including those altered scripts for super Fortress? (Or its not stand alone?) And will they be enabled on snow plains? (From Infrastructure or some else?-- If possible.)

13. Luzzy00

Luzzy00 Chieftain

Any updates on release of newest version? Kind of itching to play it ‍♂️

DarkLunaPhantom and cobbaut like this.
  14. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

I used to play older versions and I recently downloaded the latest version, and there are few changes that I didn't like and I wanted to give feedback.

There are too many diplo options and AI is constantly bothering me with them, especially with building embassies. and it seems like they are randomly opening and closing embassies, tbh I don't have any idea about the process and would like to disable it from the game using an advanced setting.

Second thing is again related to diplomacy, I'm using agressive ai option with many civs on a large map just to have many wars (I really like the wars in this mod). But AIs never fight each other compared to the older versions that I played. AIs are very passive in general, except the time where 6-7 of them immediately declare war on me whenever some advanced AI player discovers tech trading. Most advanced one bribes everyone to attack me (but only me and no other AI civs??). And the thing is one that convinces the other AIs doesn't even declare war on me, it's especially frustrating because most of these civs are also from another continent including the one that convinced the others.

15. dretnoth

dretnoth Warlord

Hmm, maybe you shall not turn them down every time. Maybe you dint have friendly nation that will posibly side you. Or the desire go to war blow up at single moment and in your direction. Or you just dint have necessary military power to scare them to do it. Especially by culture. But mostly they hit trigger of "no space to build colony" and search for a place to expansion, even they dint have necessary transportation to do it. All is maths with numbers. Even this your scenario can be solved by build up military power to point, that they reconsider participating in it, without even attacking you. At least I think so. I think I done thath.

-I want to ask if on Research advisor(F6), can be changed the color of Renaissance Era to something else. Or if color of researched tech can be changed from something blue to something green. On this era the colors are to similar.

-I notice a questionable trade attempt when they offer 600gold for a worker(90hammer), next time it offer 720g. I think the Ai tried to offer that sum for my GP but ended up wit worker. (On that city(capital) I have there 2 generals, prophet, one defend unit, and five workers)

-I suggest that for changing tenets one dint needs prophet. It shall be like civic.
    +Prophet mission: Build that wonder if production has not start. (or resold used hammers) (One time use)
    +Prophet mission: Help expand you faith to the world. (One time use)
    +Prophet mission: Reset Empire Dissent. (If state religion present (Loyal - if no other present, stable - if other present - even if it was loyal before) )

-General mission: Large no penalty Draft (if not already in list to do)

-I suggest to denied possibility: to trade resources for hard cash/units/tech. Just for other resources, money per turn, treaties, tributes, gifts.

-If tech trade will not be scraped, than if possible: marked some techs as: "I dint wish to trade it" , so it will be market as not-tradable for all. (They cant ask for it. You cant offer it later.) Basically if you say this to first one who ask it for it then its no trade for all.

-IF possible (Probably not). When third side ask you for end war whit other empire. +Add answer: Only if they capitulate. And run validation. (So second can end war. But capitulate to you, or become vassal of the third side.)

-If The techs trade will be scraped. Then it will be optional to have a research treaty that will cause import of tech points from other empire.
    +In 'base' it can be one point for tech that other have bud you dint have, but can research. When know each. (So if you know six then +six point to it.)
    +For tech treaty (student exchange program [Academic]) its point for every his connected city, bud you pay for it in gold (half of imported). [Base effect for this empire is doubled]
    +For second tech treaty (shared academic community [Electricity]) on you cities, its change/modify one (trade) route connecting you city whit city of empire that you have this treaty. From commerce to research. Or if base condition match: add research points from other city research output, that will be divided betwen techs on conditions for base tech trade. And set pay for it in gold as trade costs. [Base effect is tripled] (dint know if it clear to understand)
    +The third (Shared Academic Fields) [Internet] 10% of all research income of other empire, to you own. All your cities maintenance costs: +25%. (Or something similar.)
    ++For this probably need to scrap some permanent alliance bonuses, and possibly the more that two civs know this discount.
    +Spy mission: Establish Secret research route. Same as combination of Base effect and trade route. But if no new tech available the output is zero.
    +Spy mission: Establish Industrial espionage outpost. Costly way to coping the research output from city.
    +Spy mission: Sabotage research output. (Local other empire rebellion(stop production) actually increase duration of this effect)

-Pollution spreading as alternative to Scraped changed climate (Global warming). Image a pollution that spread on your work titles and decrease output of the field by -1 per level of pollution. So empire need dispatch workers to actually clean the waste. (Something like nuclear fallout mechanic)
    +If the city producing producing un--healtines then there is a small chance that they will dump they waste out of the city.
    +It can work on water to.
    +Or it can work like dissent mechanic, or healt/unhealt can be rip off it. Something like pollution bar. (Similar to Dissent) Pollution can strike the same field improving its level. (Each level needs to be cleaned separable? If we want skip bugs like worker already cleaning.)
    ++If first stage (clean) is changed to second(messy) there is small chance to decrease the value by dumping some waste out.
    ++third stage (dirty) same as first but the pollution can cause a serious problems. Additional option is strike of city that will decrease the value by sending citizens to clean up. Or increase dissent. Or Unhappiness.
    ++Four stage (polluted) pollution strike are nuts large or frequented small. Additional option is exodus of population to other cities, or they deaths
    +Clean up operations to decrease the value.
    -Additional there shall be a world bar that if pas some point it can call random events to decrease itself like: (pollution spread on coast, pollution spreading alongside of that river, most populated areas get hit whit pollution, fallout falling randomly from skies, polar ices are melting, coasts are hit by pollution.)
    +Rebellion shall reset this bar and possibly lift up the pollution from near tilles.

-Its possible to have on tectonic map script even polar rotation? () Not just cilindric. (I mean that submarines can pas up down)

-Tribal islands are for me poorly recognizable. Is possible change its art, to something that will stand out more? Like they base isint the yellow island but brown wood platform.
    https://media.istockphoto.com/photo...=GKUCf_2H5ZLFqga8Rb7Ros7OkX-mvAfiBuWa4wAJqls=
    or
    https://www.cruisemapper.com/images/ports/1115-d943698ca35.jpg

-Probably know: Mesage: Missionary fail spread the religion. (But due to the tennet it has been spread anyway.)

-Probably know: Statistic page (F10) that display how many I have buildings in empire display only palace. Same goes for units Settler. But the tiles improvments are displayed.

-If no changes to Grenadier will be make. then ho about considering etalon or alcohol as source for them, so add "or suggar" to build condition.

16. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

I think some parts of the culture mechanic are kinda buggy or not enjoyable. cities revolt too easily although the tooltip in the culture bar usually says very tiny amounts (like 0.15%). it's impossible to keep a conquered city if another third civ has 5% more culture than you, city revolts in every 2-3 turns and it becomes impossible to build culture to stop revolts and a random civ that has no relation to the war suddenly flips the city. This causes me to declare war to this unrelated third civ to stop revolts if I really want the city and completely annihilating the civ that I'm fighting because there's no other way to stop revolts.
    I think after a peace agreement is signed conqueror should get some kind of culture bonus to the city to stop it from revolting every turn.

I believe this is also the reason why AI always raze the cities they conquer unless they already have significant culture in the city.
    It is very very annoying, firstly because this means many good wonders are lost forever. Especially when I'm attacking a civ with another ally and if the ally captures a wonder that I want before me it is very irritating.
    Secondly because this means AI never becomes strong/large enough, they always get stuck in their original cities. although they conquer a lot of cities they raze cities instead of neutralizing-assimilating them.

Zorro777 likes this.