1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Beta 11

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by 3Miro, Jun 5, 2011.

1. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Ottoman spawning: units squeezed to a remaining empty plot in Anatolia, and Byz was very strong, 10+ knights and 10+ other units in the capital, making it extremely difficult for conquest.

2. Morholt

Morholt Prince

1050 seems like an early date for removing NA access. Expeditions to Vinland were still made in the 12th century and perhaps as late as the 14th.

3. Arquebusier

Arquebusier Chieftain

Hi I'm new to these forums but have been following this mod for a few months. It's very good. I've been finding that the strategy with England on this mod is to send armored lancers straight up to York to try to raze it for a decent Northumbria city for the UHV. I reckon either making the York tile Northumbria or moving York 1 tile N could solve this though

4. smile286

smile286 Chieftain

Hello!

2nd Moscow UHV is still bugged for me.
    It's 1389 and Moscow controls only 2% of land... however I've got checked "20% of land" requirement...

Here is the save. Next turn Moscow gets 1/3 UHV.

Attached Files:

5. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Don't raze York. Try coveting Northumbria with yuor culture, if you cover it completely it will count for the UHV.

6. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Thanks, I fixed it for the next version. Right now it does only require 2% land.

You can get the victory.py file from the attachment and put it in RFCEurope/Assets/Python, that will fix the bug.

Attached Files:

7. Kartoffelvampir

Kartoffelvampir Chieftain

Thanks, i will look at them when i'm back home at the weekend (I got some historical atlases there i propably should use).

Does this include ß, or only äöü?

And shall i change ä in ae (used in crosswordpuzzle's etc.) or simply a (looks maybe better)?

BTW, here is a link to a map from germany in 1000:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Central_Europe,_919-1125.jpg

8. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

You can only use characters that exist in the English alphabet. ß should be ss I gueß.

9. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

That's intended. We don't want Judaism to spread with missionaries. That would be ahistorical. In RFCE, Judaism is spread to some preset areas on preset dates to represent the diaspora.

The human player can indeed switch to Judiasm. But it's historical not to do so. You also won't recieve any bonus' from Faith Points. And don't worry, the AI is forbidden to switch to Judaism.

10. Veshta

Veshta Warlord

Isle of Man is what 3 border pops for Edinburgh? Going to take a while unless you make that moorland city the AI is so fond of.
    When playing them I am personally more in favour of moving Edinburgh SW or W so I get room for the monster city Aberdeen.

11. Sian

Sian Emperor

build belfast :)

12. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

:wallbash: I forgot about that. Those useless islands probably shouldn't even be on the map, much less part of an important province.

I will take care of it.

13. Feyaria

Feyaria Warlord

2 games so far with Beta 11 and both had orthodox Arabs.

14. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

I met a judaistic Cordoba!

15. Kain3

Kain3 Chieftain

Heh, funny thing happened with the Cordobans, after I built the capital and the barbarian city of Toledo flipped to us, there were two archers in the city and a bear.. yes a bear! :lol: It had a medic upgrade, like every Cordoban unit does. I've disbanded the poor teddy, although i was tempted to attack the Franks with it..imagine their terror, the medic Cordoban Bear attacking! :D

16. Kain3

Kain3 Chieftain

Yep, same here, Arabia is Orthodox in my games. That's a bit problematic..

17. kettenhunde

kettenhunde Chieftain

the actual game stability, ie the crashes, have so far ended. hooray. i love the new uhvs for germany, good job.

update two seconds after writing this...the game crashed

18. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Then why did you write it? You cursed it! :sarcasm:

Sorry. If your game crashes often, that is usually due to a graphics card with not enough video RAM. RFCE features a lot of custom graphics and is therefore more demanding than BtS.

Making a lighter version has been on my mind for quite some time now. I promise to fix it for the next Beta.

19. jtb1127

jtb1127 Deity

I switched to Judaism as the Cordobans and I was like, "Now I shall persecute the hell out of Christianity and Islam!" until I realized that I couldn't build missionaries, so I converted to Catholicism.

I guess I am glad about it because it would be silly if like the pope went Jewish. In the regular RFC I remember countless files of Judaism dominating the rest.

20. MessageMan

MessageMan Prince

You should have attached a Great General to it. :D