Beta 11

Ottoman spawning: units squeezed to a remaining empty plot in Anatolia, and Byz was very strong, 10+ knights and 10+ other units in the capital, making it extremely difficult for conquest.

1050 seems like an early date for removing NA access. Expeditions to Vinland were still made in the 12th century and perhaps as late as the 14th.

Hi I'm new to these forums but have been following this mod for a few months. It's very good. I've been finding that the strategy with England on this mod is to send armored lancers straight up to York to try to raze it for a decent Northumbria city for the UHV. I reckon either making the York tile Northumbria or moving York 1 tile N could solve this though

Hello!

2nd Moscow UHV is still bugged for me.
It's 1389 and Moscow controls only 2% of land... however I've got checked "20% of land" requirement...

Here is the save. Next turn Moscow gets 1/3 UHV.

Attachments

• Ivan IV AD-1386 Turn 262.CivBeyondSwordSave
    813.7 KB · Views: 70
Hi I'm new to these forums but have been following this mod for a few months. It's very good. I've been finding that the strategy with England on this mod is to send armored lancers straight up to York to try to raze it for a decent Northumbria city for the UHV. I reckon either making the York tile Northumbria or moving York 1 tile N could solve this though

Don't raze York. Try coveting Northumbria with yuor culture, if you cover it completely it will count for the UHV.

Hello!

2nd Moscow UHV is still bugged for me.
It's 1389 and Moscow controls only 2% of land... however I've got checked "20% of land" requirement...

Here is the save. Next turn Moscow gets 1/3 UHV.

Thanks, I fixed it for the next version. Right now it does only require 2% land.

You can get the victory.py file from the attachment and put it in RFCEurope/Assets/Python, that will fix the bug.

Attachments

• Victory.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 64
Here is the Germany WB save with the German names.

Thanks, i will look at them when i'm back home at the weekend (I got some historical atlases there i propably should use).

Note that we cannot handle the special German characters, you will have to use Luebeck or something similar.

Does this include ß, or only äöü?

And shall i change ä in ae (used in crosswordpuzzle's etc.) or simply a (looks maybe better)?

BTW, here is a link to a map from germany in 1000:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Central_Europe,_919-1125.jpg

I can convert to Judaism but I can't build Jewish missionaries?

That's intended. We don't want Judaism to spread with missionaries. That would be ahistorical. In RFCE, Judaism is spread to some preset areas on preset dates to represent the diaspora.

The human player can indeed switch to Judiasm. But it's historical not to do so. You also won't recieve any bonus' from Faith Points. And don't worry, the AI is forbidden to switch to Judaism.

Don't raze York. Try coveting Northumbria with yuor culture, if you cover it completely it will count for the UHV.
Isle of Man is what 3 border pops for Edinburgh? Going to take a while unless you make that moorland city the AI is so fond of.
When playing them I am personally more in favour of moving Edinburgh SW or W so I get room for the monster city Aberdeen.

build belfast :)

Isle of Man is what 3 border pops for Edinburgh? Going to take a while unless you make that moorland city the AI is so fond of.
When playing them I am personally more in favour of moving Edinburgh SW or W so I get room for the monster city Aberdeen.

:wallbash: I forgot about that. Those useless islands probably shouldn't even be on the map, much less part of an important province.

I will take care of it.

That's intended. We don't want Judaism to spread with missionaries. That would be ahistorical. In RFCE, Judaism is spread to some preset areas on preset dates to represent the diaspora.

The human player can indeed switch to Judiasm. But it's historical not to do so. You also won't recieve any bonus' from Faith Points. And don't worry, the AI is forbidden to switch to Judaism.

I met a judaistic Cordoba!

Heh, funny thing happened with the Cordobans, after I built the capital and the barbarian city of Toledo flipped to us, there were two archers in the city and a bear.. yes a bear! :lol: It had a medic upgrade, like every Cordoban unit does. I've disbanded the poor teddy, although i was tempted to attack the Franks with it..imagine their terror, the medic Cordoban Bear attacking! :D

the actual game stability, ie the crashes, have so far ended. hooray. i love the new uhvs for germany, good job.

update two seconds after writing this...the game crashed

the actual game stability, ie the crashes, have so far ended. hooray. i love the new uhvs for germany, good job.

update two seconds after writing this...the game crashed

Then why did you write it? You cursed it! :sarcasm:

Sorry. If your game crashes often, that is usually due to a graphics card with not enough video RAM. RFCE features a lot of custom graphics and is therefore more demanding than BtS.

Making a lighter version has been on my mind for quite some time now. I promise to fix it for the next Beta.

I switched to Judaism as the Cordobans and I was like, "Now I shall persecute the hell out of Christianity and Islam!" until I realized that I couldn't build missionaries, so I converted to Catholicism.

I guess I am glad about it because it would be silly if like the pope went Jewish. In the regular RFC I remember countless files of Judaism dominating the rest.

Heh, funny thing happened with the Cordobans, after I built the capital and the barbarian city of Toledo flipped to us, there were two archers in the city and a bear.. yes a bear! :lol: It had a medic upgrade, like every Cordoban unit does. I've disbanded the poor teddy, although i was tempted to attack the Franks with it..imagine their terror, the medic Cordoban Bear attacking! :D

You should have attached a Great General to it. :D

Top Bottom