Beta 7 Talk

There is no room for more civs. BTW, those civs didn't play an important role in the history of Europe.
Algeria and Tunisia didn't (they are quite young historically), but the Almoravid/Almohad Berbers certainly did.

Algeria and Tunisia didn't (they are quite young historically), but the Almoravid/Almohad Berbers certainly did.

Ok. But this mod is focused on Europe, so Arabian civs aren't very important in this mod.

Ok. But this mod is focused on Europe, so Arabian civs aren't very important in this mod.

Thats not a good argument. In that case the borders should have been cut north of north africa. Now its there so it should make sense gameplay wise.

Cordobas UHV 2 is broken. I completed all the wonders in 1130 something and got the UHV which should have been completed in 1101. That UHV is a lot harder now since advance techs like patronage suffer the beeline penalty.

And Byzantium is uber strong with good stability. Probably cause they dont get their production penalty in this version.

With this reasoning you'd have to cut out the Levant as well :crazyeye:

Cordobas UHV 2 is broken. I completed all the wonders in 1130 something and got the UHV which should have been completed in 1101. That UHV is a lot harder now since advance techs like patronage suffer the beeline penalty.

The UHV isn't broken. The pedia shows 1101, but the code says 1309. I already spotted it and the pedia shows the correct date in the next version.

Shouldn't you get some type of bonus for converting to Judaism. All other religions have it, but Judaism doesn't. No one really ever converts, but I think you should at least consider it.

Speaking of Lithuania, why is Kiejdany their capital? As far as I know, this town was never capital of Lithuania.

One last recommendation is to find some way to stop everything in the east from falling... by the time the dutch came everything east of Hungary was independent states. This has happened twice, and a third time the Muscovites captured everything from northern Russia to Arabia. What's with the weird east side of the map?

judaism shouldnt be a state religion, it's kind of a side thing - generally few cities have it and it can boost the gold production for those that do. No european civs were officially jewish so there is no reason to have it in the mod.

It is agreed - lithuania's terrain, city placement, settler map (in addition to polands settler map) need to be changed. Poland needs to be more focused on expanding west, germany in turn needs to try to get grongingen (along with norse) and aachen.

Shouldn't you get some type of bonus for converting to Judaism. All other religions have it, but Judaism doesn't. No one really ever converts, but I think you should at least consider it.

The only civilization in the timeline to adopt Judaism was Khazaria, but most of their empire is off the map. During the timeline Jews were typically Usurers and craftsmen hence the gold from the Jewish temple, also there were riots against Jews and such hence the instability.

Ok about the Judaism thing.

But what is with the freakish fall of civs in the east? It makes for germany to capture all of it and become unbeatable.

merijn_v1: I think I know what the Byz are so overpowered, they have a unit support cost that is way too low. Do you remember when the support cost was lowered so dramatically.

EDIT: on a second glance, it wasn't that bad. I will try to adjust it.

To all modders:

Beta 8 would be coming in the next 2 - 3 hours. I have made a lot of changes, so please don't update the SVN until I make a commit.

Playing as Cordoba with decent stability, +5/10, Leon often declares independence from foreign domination. I dont really like that conquered cities flip back unless you have really bad stability! I havent seen this as much as in beta 7.

Playing as Cordoba with decent stability, +5/10, Leon often declares independence from foreign domination. I dont really like that conquered cities flip back unless you have really bad stability! I havent seen this as much as in beta 7.

That is Spain respawning. If they have a lot of Indy cities in their "Natural" territory, then they have a high change of respawning. You should be able to bribe Leon from flipping.

Also, I have to double-check, but Spain may have a special respawn, that is one that is independent from stability altogether.

I dont get the "revolution" option screen when the city is about to become independent. On the other hand I left barcelona as independent, probably should have captured it.

Top Bottom