Beta & Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The description of TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_ANTI_CAVALRY_HELP with "100% Bonus vs Mounted" is misleading because it would mean Lancers also receive a 100% Bonus vs all mounted units, like Knights or other Lancers.

Is it intended that after the newest patch, Aztecs only get 100% culture? Before it was 200%.

Yes, it was in the version right after the patch when I reverted a bunch of stuff to vanilla. There were so many changes back to vanilla I didn't document them all. Instead of buffing it to 200%, it instead helps with border expansion.

Hello. I liked your ideas and work so i wanted to try your mod (first mod i try :) ) but im getting some weird bug. i cannot start producing anything. nothing happens when i press the "choose production" button.. i go into city and press there, nothing. nor did the purchase button work. some other buttons like the citizen allocation button worked tho. i cud choose what to research and i cud move units.
What can it be? ive tried reinstalling the mod. i didnt get any printscreen as it cant show that nothing happens when i press the button :p

Hello. I liked your ideas and work so i wanted to try your mod (first mod i try :) ) but im getting some weird bug. i cannot start producing anything. nothing happens when i press the "choose production" button.. i go into city and press there, nothing. nor did the purchase button work. some other buttons like the citizen allocation button worked tho. i cud choose what to research and i cud move units.
What can it be? ive tried reinstalling the mod. i didnt get any printscreen as it cant show that nothing happens when i press the button :p

Try clearing the mod cache and playing only with this mod.

thx, but already tried that :(

I'm seeing the same thing; also tried clearing the cache. I first saw it with 5.8 this morning (was playing yesterday with 5.7 with no problems). Problem still exists in 6.0. I also had CivWillard, InfoAddict v10, Specialized Barbarian Units v2, Tree Growth v4 and City State Diplomacy Mod 2.9.1 loaded when I first noticed it, though I disabled all the others except for UP/TBM, started a new game, and still saw the issue.

Thanks Thal, Was pulling my hair out on that one.

Also can anyone tell me where to install the FrontEnd files?

I made an error when altering the production popup this morning, found the bug and fixed it in v6.1.

This is still occurring for me, even on 6.1 which I just downloaded. I tried clearing the cache, removing all other mods, etc.

I also see this graphical glitch while loading a game, where the civ I am playing as is not shown, and there is only a red/gray checkerboard pattern.

It should be noted I am using the Mac version, so there might be an issue with that. Could it be related to the Mac not having the latest patch yet? If so, is there a recommended version of this mod that was stable for the previous PC patch?

Cheers and thanks for the great work!

*edit*: I can say for sure that the graphical glitch mentioned above is caused by "AutoTips" in the CiVUP.
*edit 2*: This is probably already known to Thalassicus, but for others still having the Production menu problem, it's caused by "City Development" in TBC. Disabling that part fixes it (of course without having all those great balancing fixes!).

The problems you're encountering are most likely caused by not having the latest patch.

You can try some older versions... I've uploaded part of my backup folder here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NJD8TXKJ

Thanks! I'll try that for now. This new mac patch needs to hurry up..

Playing 6.1, the Pioneer Fort does not seem to be working as intended. My capital has 10 surplus with a Fort bringing it to 15 surplus (which it states as being calculated), however the overall food surplus remains at 10. I need 110 food for growth and it says 11 turns to growth, so 10 seems to be the number being recognized.

It's likely only a display error, I'll look into it. It's difficult to get the display working because there's a serious bug in the way Firaxis calculates yields... base and surplus modifiers are lumped together in vanilla and it's hard to separate them. I believe the actual gameplay mechanic is correctly giving food however, which you can check with this:

1. Open "CiVUP - Civ V Unofficial Patch\Core\CiVUP_General.lua"
  2. Change "LOG_WARN" near the top to "LOG_DEBUG" and save the file.
  3. Open the tuner, open your savegame, and end your turn.
  4. Check for this output in the tuner:
    Code:
    CheckNewBuildingStats : Washington 10+5 food

Thal,

I just started up a new game with v61 and am now seeing a couple of display anomolies that I haven't noticed before.

In the popup when mousing over buildings (granary, temple, mint, etc.) in the tech tree, I see duplicate instances of the same luxury and/or strategic resources pictured in some cases.

Also, in the display options menu in the lower right, there are duplicate instances of the unit icon and promotion display options to pick. Both instances operate and toggle the display correctly but there are 2 of them.

I have no other mods running, and I've just confirmed the same on v57. In each test I deleted the cache before testing.

Correction: I confirmed the display anomolies on v56 rather than v57.

Anyhow, whatever caused the problem is no longer apparent in v62, although I saw no bug fix note in the release notes.

Hello Thal,
first of all thanks for this awesome mod :goodjob:.
Because of that, i want both this mod and the cultural capital mod to work together flawlessly.
The problem is, when using your mod only, that i get a lot of error messages when exiting a game and/or try to load one.

Here is the message log when playing the game and exiting it (v61):

Spoiler :

GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStrikePopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmPolicyBranchPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivGoldPopup.lua
\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Unofficial Patch and Thals Balance (v 61)\CiVUP - Civ V Unofficial Patch\Free Research Balance\DiscoverMission: Warning: cache not shared.
\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Unofficial Patch and Thals Balance (v 61)\CiVUP - Civ V Unofficial Patch\Free Research Balance\DiscoverMission: Warning: cache not shared.

--> Here i exited the game

Runtime Error: [string "D:\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier'..."]:28: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: [string "D:\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier'..."]:8: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: [string "Assets\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude.lua"]:12: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: [string "D:\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier'..."]:28: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: [string "D:\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier'..."]:8: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: [string "Assets\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude.lua"]:12: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)
Credits: Header type not found.
MainMenu: 2011032109

And here when saving the game and loading it:
Spoiler :

GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStrikePopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmPolicyBranchPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivGoldPopup.lua

--> Here i saved and loaded the game

Runtime Error: [string "D:\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier'..."]:31: attempt to call global 'setmetatable' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: [string "D:\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier'..."]:31: attempt to call global 'setmetatable' (a nil value)
CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
Runtime Error: Error loading TBC - Thals Balance Combined/Combat/BC - Events.lua.
Runtime Error: [string "Assets\UI\InGame\TechTree\TechButtonInclude..."]:370: attempt to call global 'GetHelpTextForBuilding' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: Error loading Assets/UI/InGame/TechTree/TechTree.lua.
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmImprovementRebuildPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\CityPlotManagementPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCommandPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivEnterTerritoryPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\LiberateMinorPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ReturnCivilianPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\AnnexCityPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarMovePopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\BarbarianRansomPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmGiftPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCityTaskPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua
Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/InGame/Popups/EconomicGeneralInfo..."]:300: attempt to call global 'ModdedCalculateUnitCost' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/InGame/Popups/EconomicGeneralInfo..."]:300: attempt to call global 'ModdedCalculateUnitCost' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: Error loading D:\Users\Moaf\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Unofficial Patch and Thals Balance (v 61)\TBC - Thals Balance Combined\Leaders\BL - General.lua.
Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/InGame/UnitFlagManager.lua"]:369: attempt to call global 'Constrain' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/InGame/UnitFlagManager.lua"]:369: attempt to call global 'Constrain' (a nil value)
UnitFlagManager: Unit not found for OnUnitSelect: Player[0] Unit[8192]

I cleared the cache folder and reinstalled the mod. Still the same problem.

Can somebody confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom