Beta V0.05 - Download, Issues, Discussion

sorry[offtopic]

hey ekmek you are way overdue for coming onto modcast, my good associate Wouter "Locutus" tells me. would you do me the favor of one hour of your time on sunday the 14th??

please let me know what you think, and PM me

thanks

I was looking forward to playing Beta 5 (I already downloaded Beta 4), but after I click on the "Download File" button on the download page, I get a Google toolbar "Oops, this link appears to be broken" error message, with "DNS Error, Cannot find server" in the upper right corner.

Is the host site down right now, or is this something wrong on my end?

For me it is still working. But it's very slow. Needed 30 seconds to open up the page and another minute to start the download. Maybe try it again at some unholy time. If that problem continue to exist I can upload it to another host (any suggestions?).

For me it is still working. But it's very slow. Needed 30 seconds to open up the page and another minute to start the download. Maybe try it again at some unholy time. If that problem continue to exist I can upload it to another host (any suggestions?).

I'll do something like that, thanks.

Maybe Filefront or the sites referenced in the File Upload Guide? I know some sites that I see other mods use have a size limit...

we had it a filefront but they delete it afterawhile

Can you put it back on Filefront, then? Because the current download still isn't working for me.

Or a place like AtomicGamer (which even though it has an annoying wait time does actually load and download eventually)?

ok, its been approved so its ready for DLs at weplayciv!

on a side note i've been looking into trying to reconcile that issue i have with the unique olive, sheep, and grape farms. i cant isolate them to a specific terrain so i'm thinking of making grapes just a random resource but olives and sheep ones you build (seems more realistic)

thx Koma. I'm actually looking at getting it hosted at WePlayCiv so I won't have these issues in the future.
Yeah do it please, would you??
If you'll uploaded in WPC, i would wait(but if you wouldn't, it;s ok)

Thanks, Ekmek!

Incidentally, what is the "Black Sea" mapscript for? I can start it in Custom Game but not in Play Now, and when I do start it it appears as a massive mapscript where everything is grassland with an occasional "lake" where my starting unit (and my only Europe point) is...

Just want to inform you that ancient3mp3 file(i f i remember it correctly) is corrupt.I downloaded it from filefront link

thats a sound file? you dl'd it separately?
Yeah.A sound file.I downloaded it from filefront's link that koma provided.But it's ok, 'cause look like the game is still playable

I must not be too smart. The downloaded file extention is .rar. What am I supposed to do with that? I double-clicked and it says Windows (Vista) cannot open the file.

Top Bottom