Beta V0.05 - Download, Issues, Discussion

I was unaware.

This is a great mod, easily one of my favorites. seriously, its professional and beautiful, good enough to have been released as an expansion though they never went with the x-pac route for Col.

I was unaware.

This is a great mod, easily one of my favorites. seriously, its professional and beautiful, good enough to have been released as an expansion though they never went with the x-pac route for Col.

Thank you.

Unfortunately I never got the time to dedicate other stuff I wanted to do with it -

I wanted a more elaborate resource system
Added slaves as a resource and needed for production
and fully integrate it with AoD2

How do i make my cities grow normal? i dont remember where but i saw the fix somewhere, my cities start swallowing up nearby tiles and i cant tell what im nearby.

How do i make my cities grow normal? i dont remember where but i saw the fix somewhere, my cities start swallowing up nearby tiles and i cant tell what im nearby.

i havent played this in a long time but this is the first I heard of this issue. can you post a screenshot?

I believe he is referring to an issue also present in vanilla Civ4Col; as cities grow, their graphics start to encompass those of nearby tiles as well.

oh, ok. i actually liked that. but didn know it covered the whole tile. i think it can be fixed by adjusting the city scale in the xml file

Please, make such simple modification:

1. Open GlobalArtDefines.xml (...\Assets\XML\Art)

2. Find these lines:
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>GAME_CITY_SIZE_EXP_MODIFIER</DefineName>
		<fDefineFloatVal>[B][COLOR="Red"]1.05[/COLOR][/B]</fDefineFloatVal>
	</Define>

3. Exchange 1.05 on 0.5 (for instance).

4. Save changes and compare a new view of your city with old one.

Dear Ekmek,

Can you please somehow update your "real" Mediterranean map to beta 5? It is missing many resources and even yields now...

I use this with the rhye earth map, i wish i were talented enough to make TLC starts for it. I would want to make aztec, inca and maya as "normal colonists" and have "barbarian" civ's for some of the culture groups like the olmec, zapotec, quito, and some of the "natives" that the mesoamerican empires swallowed up.

The Inca were made from Quecha culture, their group emerged at Lake Titicaca and became an empire when it conquered Cuzco. they conquered natives and were doing so all the way up to the end.

The Aztec were likely texans but they were clearly from the north, were granted permission to settle, and conquered the natives. Until the end of their civilization, they were spreading and conquering.

Same with the Mayans, who spread their empire by a mixture of peaceful assimilation and brutal warfare.

I have tried to make my case for this, so i beg for someone to make these 3 empires in the game. As europe closes up and nations fall, they will prepare to colonize the america's and asia.

At the same time, 3 native empires are building up to meet their fate with better luck than before.

I would also argue for Japan, who attacked korea, china, and the pacific islands - or the polyneans who held rule over hawaii and influence over maori culture all over the pacific.

Aztec
Inca
Maya
Japan
Polynesia

There would also be some natives in these areas.

This would make the game global, and more diverse. It would simulate a good portion of the world, and when the east and west meet over both oceans...

Each nation would start with one capital - one pioneer - one settler. Each native would just start with their settler, have buildings such as the ball court and instead of having constitution named that, it would be named cultural emergencies. this would simulate their desire for sovereignty and cultural equality while having less technology.

Download link is dead :( I've got a new pc and a new laptop and would really like to play this mod again. Anyone happen to have a working link?

Also looking for a download. Does anyone have it?
Thank you

I just noticed that you asked me about this mod when I rescued the Westward Ho mod to CFC. I've had a look around and had no luck sorry. Solver lost the backups to the WPC downloads section and the downloads were not backed up onto webarchive either so unless someone here has a copy then this one is lost sadly. I'll ask around the Colonization facebook, Reddit & Discord groups I run to see if I have any luck there.

I just noticed that you asked me about this mod when I rescued the Westward Ho mod to CFC. I've had a look around and had no luck sorry. Solver lost the backups to the WPC downloads section and the downloads were not backed up onto webarchive either so unless someone here has a copy then this one is lost sadly. I'll ask around the Colonization facebook, Reddit & Discord groups I run to see if I have any luck there.

I have a file MareNostrum_BETA_5,rar

Good news @canexpthat , JRL has sent me the file! :)

I've repacked it (got it down from the old 259MB rar file to 211MB with 7zip!) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers. Should @Ekmek return to CFC he can change his original post download link to this safe CFC one instead of the long gone WPC one.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ4col/MareNostrum_BETA_5.7z

Let me know if there's any other important mods out there missing and I'll see what I do. :)

Good news @canexpthat , JRL has sent me the file! :)

I've repacked it (got it down from the old 259MB rar file to 211MB with 7zip!) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers. Should @Ekmek return to CFC he can change his original post download link to this safe CFC one instead of the long gone WPC one.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ4col/MareNostrum_BETA_5.7z

Let me know if there's any other important mods out there missing and I'll see what I do. :)

You're a hero! Thank you so much! :)

Top Bottom