Better Civ Icons

Better Civ Icons 1.3

janboruta

Artistriarch
janboruta submitted a new resource:

Better Civ Icons - This mod replaces a number of civilization icons with more historically accurate variations.

This mod replaces a number of civilization and city-state icons with more historically accurate or more aesthetically pleasing variations. While some of base game, vanilla icons are culturally relevant, they did not satisfy my desire for historical accuracy or unique look. No more bulls for Spain, way more bulls for Sumer! Intricate basmala in place of a generic palm for Arabia! Improved versions of vanilla icons for Poland, Japan and Russia!

This mod will be updated when new DLC and...

Read more about this resource...

can u make a mod that will decrese the size of all units icon s? they're just too damn big..

As Spaniard that bull is fudging insult, the same as if they put a paella... thank you for changing this shameful situation! However I encourage you to change it again and look for the Aspa de Borgoña, the simbol of the Tercios and the first flag of Spain.

As Spaniard that bull is ****ing insult, the same as if they put a paella... thank you for changing this shameful situation! However I encourage you to change it again and look for the Aspa de Borgoña, the simbol of the Tercios and the first flag of Spain.

Glad you like the change, however I am pretty settled on the current symbol. I was considering the Cross of Burgundy, but I am saving it in the case I'd like to make an actual Burgundy civ in the future. My reasoning for using the Spanish coat of arms as the symbol is that it emphasises two elements: the monarchy (crown) and the the motto Plus Ultra, as symbolised by the Pillars of Hercules. I find that such symbol matches the design of Spain better (naval expansion, settling other continents and trade).

Love the new icons, great work Jan.

i dislike some unit icons, such as warrior, scout and archer.. , and horse resource icon

more better icons might be necessary.

Last edited:
There's a mod that changes civs colors but it can't change it in the "choose civ" screen, although you made it. Can you explain to me how did you manage to change the texture from the start menu?

janboruta updated Better Civ Icons with a new update entry:

Better Civ Icons 1.3

- Rewrote the mod in SQL with help from JFD, Sukritact and Tomatekh
- Reverted the Spanish symbol to the coat of arms with Pillars of Hercules
- Updated symbol for Russia
- Added new icons for: Rome, Persia and Macedon
- Added a new icon for France, which fixes the discrepancy between the in-game colours and those that appear in the civ selection menu
- Thanks to JFD, Australia now gets updated colours and symbol (green and gold, Commonwealth Star symbol)
- Added support for several modded...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom