Better Report Screen (UI)

Better Report Screen (UI) 7.0

still cant work compatible with Better Report Screen as i comment out these lines
What do you mean exactly? Are you getting an error? Report button not functioning?

I just tried it and BRS works fine for me with only it and CQUI enabled with the URS Integration commented out. You might try deleting your Civ VI cache and mods.sqlite files.

What do you mean exactly? Are you getting an error? Report button not functioning?

I just tried it and BRS works fine for me with only it and CQUI enabled with the URS Integration commented out. You might try deleting your Civ VI cache and mods.sqlite files.
Report button not functioning
i rename the urs folder ,it works

Hi, great work with this mod. It's a huge improvement over the basic reports. Some questions for you:

I don't understand this sentence in the overview: "Supports any new types of Gov Slots (e.g. from Rule with Faith)". What does it mean?

There's quite a lot of info in the City states tab that I don't understand. For instance, what's the meaning of the blue tick marks? In my current cultural section, for example, I have two cities: Nan Madol and Vilnius. In the column Yields Nan Madol has a blue tick, while Vilnius has a funny number: 10.5. What do these mean? Apart from that, hovering over one of the values displays a huge popup with funny debug values, like "Subject: PLAYER_HAS_MEDIUM_INFLUENCE". Should all that info be there?

And a suggestion: Maybe the tab Policies could be renamed to Policies and Beliefs?

@Alonshow
Blue tick means the same as blue tick in Policies tab - that the object (policy, belief, city state) was analyzed but there is nothing to show. It happens offen because many effects are not-yield type. That is why there is usually also a red exclamation sign - it means that object uses modifiers that BRS doesn’t know. Which ones - you can see in a big tooltip. If you are not a modder, just ignore it. It is for testing ans informational purposes.
And last but not least. City states are shown as 3 generic lines for 1, 3 and 6 envoys (because bonus is always the same, it is one object in the game, always the same). And separately suzerain bonus. Suzerain bonus is singular, you either have it or not. But generic depends on how many city states you put engoys into. That is why there is a number for 1 and in braces Multiplied by number of CSs you put envoys into.
Ex. If you have in 3 CSs each 3 envoys, then in line with 3 envoys should be 2 yield (6 yield).

Thank you for the clarifications.

I guess from the point of view of the programmer a blue tick makes sense because it means that the object was correctly analyzed. However, from the point of view of the player there is nothing there, at least nothing the player can see, so I'd say a blue tick doesn't make so much sense. Maybe a hyphen "-" or just leaving the field empty would make more sense for us players?

Apart from that, some of the empty (blue tick) fields could actually display a value. For example, an industrial city state with three envoys gives a +2 bonus to production when producing buildings or wonders. In the report its field is empty, presumably because they bonus yield only happens on a certain condition (production of building or wonder). It would be great if, rather than an empty field, we had the bonus (+2) and a tooltip that says "only when producing building or wonders". Would that be possible or is to complicated to program?

There is an option to turn off the lines that do not affect yields i.e. only bliue tick is shown.
The mod cannot display values that are dependent on another values dynamically during the game. This applies for unit or building production bonus, sorry.

New type of Gov means exactly this - new type of Gov slots. Rule With Faith adds E.g. Religious slot. See the mod.
Not very clarifying :undecide: I eventually understood that it means "Policies of policy types not included in the original game but created by other mods". It took a lot of googling to understand that, though. I don't think any non modder can understand it as it is written. Overall, the description could use some improvement. I can help you with that if you're interested.

@Alonshow Well, I am so used to internal names that I sometimes forget that official game names could be different. Internally there are no “policy types”. Governments have slots and slots have different types. In the policy you define to which slot you can put it. Weird, but that is how devs designed it :)

Dear Infixo! I really like your mod (well... a lot of your mods actually :) ), I'm wondering that if in a new update it would be possible to add something that would show War Weariness (the -amenities from it, like in the original)? I think that would be quite useful!

Thanks for your awesome mods, and keep up the good work! :)

Dear Infixo! I really like your mod (well... a lot of your mods actually :) ), I'm wondering that if in a new update it would be possible to add something that would show War Weariness (the -amenities from it, like in the original)? I think that would be quite useful!
Thanks for your awesome mods, and keep up the good work! :)

War Weariness is shown in the Damage column, as 2nd number. It is usually "0/0", but during war you can get "5/-2". It means 5 damage to the city and 2 amenities lost due to war weariness.

And it's always nice to hear that somebody likes my mods! ;)

@Revolutionist_8 You didn't miss anything. There's no way to guess that a column called damage actually contains war weariness values. As I said, great mod, but the description and some labels really need a review.

@Revolutionist_8 You didn't miss anything. There's no way to guess that a column called damage actually contains war weariness values. As I said, great mod, but the description and some labels really need a review.
If you hover over the label it says "Damage / War Weariness", so if I have paid bigger attention I could've found it, it's not hidden or anything like that.

Well, it contains so much information you can't expect that everything to be absolutely-perfectly arranged and placed, it's not that easy. Especially that Infixo has a bunch of other awesome mods that he is taking care of, don't be too judgmental on him :)

Sorry, I can't help being judgmental. My judgment, as I said, is that this is one great mod. Still, it has a lot of room for improvement and I think it's positive to point out where those improvements can be done.

@Infixo, I just noticed, watching the Dev Streams they moved the Report Screen button over to the top right area, which was a good move for them. I didn't like how the little icon was on top bar, it just seemed in a way. Are you going utilize the new icon location and remove your icon or are you going to still use the Gear icon on the top left area? I feel like that top left area is going to be crowded now, with the Weather info icon showing up. I almost feel like removing your icon from top left would be better since vanilla game has a decent option now and plus, speaking for myself, I use the F8 hotkey a lot.

@Raven_2012 I can’t answer that without first checking how things are implemented in GS and how they affect vanilla and R&F. I would like to keep BRS compatible with various configurations and also CQUI and HBCOI (if it is still gonna be useful).

@Raven_2012 I can’t answer that without first checking how things are implemented in GS and how they affect vanilla and R&F. I would like to keep BRS compatible with various configurations and also CQUI and HBCOI (if it is still gonna be useful).
Yeah I totally understand. Personally we might not see HB stuff get updated or come back as well as CQUI. I have been chatting with one of the original authors who did some plugins for CQUI. He was telling me how there are some serious issues with trying to maintain a mod combination pack like CQUI and how there are still a lot of bugs in it and how with every update Civ rolls out, it breaks it further, just too much work to mess with. He decided to break off and do standalone mods.

I personally was already moving away from CQUI, you can get 90% of its function from its standalone mods that CQUI incorporates. My prediction with CQUI, one it either is going to be down a lot longer than it was when Rise and Fall came out. Two almost be extinct or Three, them doing some quick patch job, which will get it working on the surface with GS, but will be full of bugs.

With Hellblazer mod, it was nice. He made it for his game and wanted to share it, but I knew he was going to be getting deeper than he expected with the collection. I think he found himself constantly always having to fix something, which was a daily thing. More than enough for one person to take on, or even 5 guys.

Those built in collections like CQUI just don't work completely what they should be. I am totally steering away from CQUI this round and putting in the standalone mods in, that get maintained. I am not hating on CQUI one bit, but I am moving on from it, I think quite a few players have too.

Top Bottom