1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Better river colors! Now blends with coast :)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Baleur, Oct 14, 2010.

1. DrunkenPirate

DrunkenPirate Chieftain

Much better well done.

2. Guardian_PL

Guardian_PL Chieftain

:lol:
    Those folks at Bethe$da sure are crafty...

Good one, and well done on the currency exchange rate too :thumbsup:

Heh, that was a good laugh :D

3. civcivv

civcivv Chieftain

Does your mod make invisible rivers visible?

4. Baleur

Baleur Chieftain

I dont think so, only changes the color via the "color picture", so if you've got a bug with invisible rivers, this wont help :/

5. jenks

jenks Chieftain

hey nice work
    thats a lovely looking change :)

6. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

I took a look at the file, really odd and intriguing way the river color key is done.

What's most interesting is in the original key rivers actually look fantastic in the "example" screenshot (original game, not yours), but somehow they got messed up between what the artists did and what's finally visible in the game.

It's interesting to see the old selection circle art, too... used to be a star pattern instead of glowing light from the sky.

7. Baleur

Baleur Chieftain

Yeah, it think its quite ironic how the screenshot in the very same colorkey "picture" shows rivers the quality of which we've not seen since early beta days XD
    Also something very interesting i saw on a custom mapscript the other day, some rivers were too long or something, so they actually LOST this rivercolor at one part, and guess what was hiding beneath it?
    Yep, you guessed it, the very same water graphics as the coastline uses, and as is shown in the above screenshot.

By the way, i altered the gamma slightly, making the rivers a tad more vibrant (or rather, waterlike as opposed to disease-like), still blend almost as well on the coast.
    If anyone's interested, i'll update the main post with the second version/alternative.
    Unless you've all made your own individual tweaks already :)

edit: meh i did it anyway :)

8. Baleur

Baleur Chieftain

Turns out the latest patch changes the way rivers are rendered, hence this is now broken (causes rivers to be nearly black). Use at your own risk or if you want rivers of oil xD