Better Ship Scale

As a matter of fact I didn´t...

and modify <PrereqTech>TECH_COMMUNISM</PrereqTech>
to <PrereqTech>TECH_UTOPIA</PrereqTech>

I&#180;m pretty sure this was modified by the 1.61 patch...

And about the others I have no idea... Can you tell me in which files they are? I only modified in v2.1:

- CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
- Audio3DScripts.xml
- CIV4UnitInfos.xml

If the changes are in any other files, I didn&#180;t do it. Check the forums for those changes as I think the 1.61 patch did them.

<TechInfo>
<Type>TECH_UTOPIA</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_TECH_UTOPIA</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_TECH_UTOPIA_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Help/>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_TECH_UTOPIA_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Advisor>ADVISOR_GROWTH</Advisor>
<iAIWeight>0</iAIWeight>
<iAITradeModifier>0</iAITradeModifier>
<iCost>2800</iCost>
<Era>ERA_INDUSTRIAL</Era>
<FirstFreeUnitClass>NONE</FirstFreeUnitClass>
<iFeatureProductionModifier>0</iFeatureProductionModifier>
<iWorkerSpeedModifier>0</iWorkerSpeedModifier>
<iTradeRoutes>0</iTradeRoutes>
<iHealth>0</iHealth>
<iHappiness>0</iHappiness>
<iFirstFreeTechs>0</iFirstFreeTechs>
<iAsset>40</iAsset>
<iPower>0</iPower>
<bRepeat>0</bRepeat>
<bTrade>1</bTrade>
<bDisable>0</bDisable>
<bGoodyTech>0</bGoodyTech>
<bExtraWaterSeeFrom>0</bExtraWaterSeeFrom>
<bMapCentering>0</bMapCentering>
<bMapVisible>0</bMapVisible>
<bMapTrading>0</bMapTrading>
<bTechTrading>0</bTechTrading>
<bGoldTrading>0</bGoldTrading>
<bOpenBordersTrading>0</bOpenBordersTrading>
<bDefensivePactTrading>0</bDefensivePactTrading>
<bPermanentAllianceTrading>1</bPermanentAllianceTrading>
<bBridgeBuilding>0</bBridgeBuilding>
<bIrrigation>0</bIrrigation>
<bIgnoreIrrigation>0</bIgnoreIrrigation>
<bWaterWork>0</bWaterWork>
<iGridX>14</iGridX>
<iGridY>8</iGridY>
<DomainExtraMoves/>
<CommerceFlexible/>
<TerrainTrades/>
<Flavors>
<Flavor>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_PRODUCTION</FlavorType>
<iFlavor>2</iFlavor>
</Flavor>
<Flavor>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_SCIENCE</FlavorType>
<iFlavor>2</iFlavor>
</Flavor>
<Flavor>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_CULTURE</FlavorType>
<iFlavor>3</iFlavor>
</Flavor>
<Flavor>
<FlavorType>FLAVOR_GROWTH</FlavorType>
<iFlavor>1</iFlavor>
</Flavor>
</Flavors>
<OrPreReqs>
<PrereqTech>TECH_SCIENTIFIC_METHOD</PrereqTech>
</OrPreReqs>
<AndPreReqs>
<PrereqTech>TECH_LIBERALISM</PrereqTech>
</AndPreReqs>
<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_UTOPIA_QUOTE</Quote>
<Sound>AS2D_TECH_UTOPIA</Sound>
<SoundMP>AS2D_TECH_MP_UTOPIA</SoundMP>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Communism.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,4,2</Button>
</TechInfo>

That comes straight from the original, vanilla, techinfos file. Apparently, utopia is Communism?

Elhoim said:
Wow, that´s really strange, as I didn´t change any files that would affect that... I´ve only changed the scale of the boats in v1 (which seems the one you are using) and in v2 the number of boats and the volume of some sounds...

Try this save to see if there are any more ships with problems...

Thanks for taking the time. Yup tried your save and I got the same problem. As you can see one of my galleys and one of the barbarian galleys are now red. And the work boat is lacking textures. It got textures when I move it around, but when I select another boat it turns back. The non sail vessels seems to be unaffected by these two quirks.

Apparently, utopia is Communism?

Yep, it is. There was a thread about this change and some others around here.

By the way, I am still using v1.52, so your mod supports it no longer?

I think the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml is the one from 1.52, but the other two I´ve added for v2.1 are from 1.61... I´m sorry, but v2.1 has no support for 1.52 :(

Why do you modify
<bFlatMovementCost>1</bFlatMovementCost>
<bIgnoreTerrainCost>0</bIgnoreTerrainCost>
to
<bFlatMovementCost>0</bFlatMovementCost>
<bIgnoreTerrainCost>1</bIgnoreTerrainCost>

In my file they are both 0... It is very strange what happened to you... Does it brings any problems? If it does, try downloading the file again... Good Luck!

Thanks for taking the time. Yup tried your save and I got the same problem. As you can see one of my galleys and one of the barbarian galleys are now red. And the work boat is lacking textures. It got textures when I move it around, but when I select another boat it turns back. The non sail vessels seems to be unaffected by these two quirks.

That&#180;s really strange... Try downloading the file again, but it doesn&#180;t modify any textures... Perhaps is a problem with your video card... Try using the game without the mod... Hope it gets solved! :)

Elhoim said:
I think the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml is the one from 1.52, but the other two I´ve added for v2.1 are from 1.61... I´m sorry, but v2.1 has no support for 1.52 :(

In my file they are both 0... It is very strange what happened to you... Does it brings any problems? If it does, try downloading the file again... Good Luck!
Thanks for you explanation. I ask you here because I got xml loading error when I installed your MOD and start civ4. Now I just restore the original file CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml, I don't know how to test again:)

This is very good. Only thing, I think the Carrier should be bigger. Nice job!

Updated the mod in the first post. Basically I improved the scale of some ships as they looked very small for my tastes. Also made a bigger Carrier ;)

Hope you like it!

Elhoim, how about making a new graphics for the ironclad?

The one we have now looks like some nasty bug, a roach or something,
especiall from distance (to me)...

Yes, it does look kinda bad, but unluckily I&#180;m no modeler... :(

Congratulations for a good job well done. :goodjob:

:D Hope you like it!

And if there is any suggestion, just tell me! If it is within my possibilities, I&#180;ll do it! :)

Nice mod! But I'm not going to download it until I get a decent computer...

Raggamuffin said:

I've got the same problem, but some land units also have red as civ colour. My work boats looked normal until some games ago. BUT as I wrote above, I haven't even downloaded this mod so I suspect it hasn't got anything to do with it.:crazyeye:

There are some problematic units in vanilla Civ IV. The most noticiable is the longbowmen, but there are more like workboats and some others...

Great Mod! The Vanilla ship sizes have been bugging me for ages.

One small problem though, when I turn on health bars (as I usually do, I guess I'm just weird :crazyeye:), the health bars of battleships, destroyers and carriers are big, as in really big. They cover about half of a duel sized map. Oh well, i guess i should start playing without health bars.
:D

:crazyeye: Wow! Thast´s strange! I don´t use health bars so I really didn´t notice... I´ll see if there is a variable for it...

hi do I jut add the whole file into the customassets file or do i add each file into the correct folder in the customassets folder?

Top Bottom