Better Ship Scale

Because I have no idea how big those transports really are ;)

I imagined them like the ones in the movie "Saving Private Rian", and they weren´t too big.

On a side note, they are the same size as a caravel, but the later has bigger sails ;)

If you can give me real life sizes of both I can change them a little :)

Elhoim said:
Because I have no idea how big those transports really are ;)

I imagined them like the ones in the movie "Saving Private Rian", and they weren´t too big.

On a side note, they are the same size as a caravel, but the later has bigger sails ;)

If you can give me real life sizes of both I can change them a little :)

Ok those little boats where "Launched" from the large transports so that the troops could get to the beach since if a real troop transport got anywhere near the beach it would ground itself....... When you think transport think OIL TANKER or CARGO CARRIER

Hope this helps: Transports

Ok those little boats where "Launched" from the large transports so that the troops could get to the beach since if a real troop transport got anywhere near the beach it would ground itself....... When you think transport think OIL TANKER or CARGO CARRIER

Thanks! :D I´ll make them a little bigger, but not too much as the artwork is of the little boats instead of the large transport, so it wouldn´t be quite right to make them like battleships or carriers ;)

Wow! I think this is great! I can use this in another mod, right?

Thanks! :D

Most probably yes. Perhaps if you can be more especific I can help you more! :)

If anyone wants to know, the mod is compatible with Warlords 2.08 ;)

Thanks! :D

I´m somewhat busy these days, but I´ll see if I make a fleets version for Warlords.

Has there been any progress toward this? If not, is the stumbling block lack of time, lack of our interest, or some fundamental change that makes it difficult to do fleets in warlords?

Has there been any progress toward this? If not, is the stumbling block lack of time, lack of our interest, or some fundamental change that makes it difficult to do fleets in warlords?

Laziness... :mischief:

I´ll do it someday this week, I promise. ;)

I downloaded it but I dont know how to use it in the game could you please help me.

Could you be a little more especific? :)

Here are the instructions:

For Basic and Fleets: Put the file in the CustomAssets folder in My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4, and then extract it.

For Basic and Fleets Warlords: Put the file in the CustomAssets folder in My Games\Warlords and then extract it.

Hope it helps!

Top Bottom