Betting and Speculation - The "Entirely Separate Hypercube" Civ!

Hey Hey :)

Restriction about civilopedia is
"· Please do not capture or post any footage of the Civilopedia (this contains information that is not yet revealed)."

and others restrictions ;)

^This. I think the maelstrom and his editor are wrong as wrong can be. Azazell has been there, done that.

I'm pretty sure this leak broke all kinds of NDA agreements and his editor is going to be in a lot of trouble over this.

The editor either misunderstood the NDA agreement or maelstrom's questions about it. I have no doubt whatsoever that the civilopedia is under NDA because we've never seen screenshots from it.

Sure takes the winds out of their sails ahead of the big reveal. If I was working in the marketing department of 2k I would be furious right now.

I don't work there though so I'm happy to share in everyone elses guilty pleasure over this leak :p

I asked before if they would still bother with the teasers, when we had only the civ names. Now though, a silhouette would be rather pointless. It's a shame, I do feel sorry for them.

It's the Lion of Venice.

I don't think anyone was in any doubt about that - the reference was to a joke from an older thread.

^This. I think the maelstrom and his editor are wrong as wrong can be. Azazell has been there, done that.

I do certainly hope not!

However, if there is any error, it's either on 2K's part (I doubt it) or the distributor who contacted us. I care about NDAs, that's why I asked a few times to my editor, including my intentions. I certainly wouldn't want to spoil anything (and this is regardless of any legal or otherwise consequences).

RE the symbol, I guess they had to use a winged lion rampant to not be too similar to Babylon's lion passant. Which is a shame, because the symbol is the only thing I don't like about Venice, too fiddly. (Best leave comment on the Shoshone symbol unsaid.)

It just happened to Watchdog's E3 trailer as well, leaks happen, but it doesn't/shouldn't change your marketing course/strategy.

RE the symbol, I guess they had to use a winged lion rampant to not be too similar to Babylon's lion passant. Which is a shame, because the symbol is the only thing I don't like about Venice, too fiddly. (Best leave comment on the Shoshone symbol unsaid.)

Valid point, but it's a little odd. The lion I used looks clearly different from the stylised Babylonian one.

And really, if they're going into that you could compare eagles or odd star-shapes used by loads of civs. The colours are different so that should be enough.

I mean look:

And two of them are from BNW!

And really, if they're going into that you could compare eagles or odd star-shapes. The colours are different so that should be enough.

I absolutely agree with you, I think the Venetian symbol is an eyesore and they could have happily gone passant with it due to - as you say - the colours. Obviously they didn't want to step on Babylon's toes, but have no problem bothering the Netherlands. Makes no sense to me, and what we're left with is a purple Dutch unicorn confusion. :crazyeye:

eta: Looking at it again, gosh, I really hate it. An I can now only see a unicorn in it. I wish I wasn't so car crash fail at modding, then I could fix this, but alas.

I think that Venice UA and MoV seems like a lot of fun, but the 'great galleas' seems boring, I would have preferred a 'Arsenale' UB, could have been a national epic replacement and given +15xp and 15% production for naval units, and done tourism bonus or artwork slots in the modern era to reflect the Beinale.

I would too (although you can't rely just on calling it an Arsenale because the Italian translation of the game would still be awkward, you have to rename the Arsenal to something else and give Venice the Arsenal). That being said, no civ has exclusively non-combat unique units and I can see not wanting Venice to be the first.

This is my hope too. What other civs would be gimmes for a third expansion? Sioux, Kongo, Sumer...that's all I can think of. Although Vietnam, Israel, Canada, Australia, Khmer are all possibilities, and I'm sure I'm missing plenty.
For a third expansion, you need to think of possible themes for it. Civilizations in expansions almost always fit the theme of the expansion. I could think of two possible ideas, Civilization V: Discovery and Enlightenment (focuses on colonization, vassalage, revolutions, adds a transition from Renaissance and Industrial, etc) and Civilization V: One Small Step (focuses on space exploration, expands the Future era, global warming, MAD, Cold Wars, etc).

Though, at any rate, I feel this list could fit both themes (except the last two couldn't fit my OSS idea).
1) (Gran) Columbia
2) Canada
3) Australia
4) Argentina
5) Mexico
6) Kongo
7) Vietnam
8) Cherokee
9) Holy Rome

I do certainly hope not!

However, if there is any error, it's either on 2K's part (I doubt it) or the distributor who contacted us. I care about NDAs, that's why I asked a few times to my editor, including my intentions. I certainly wouldn't want to spoil anything (and this is regardless of any legal or otherwise consequences).
Eh, even if you weren't suppose to, everyone makes mistakes once and a while.

I do certainly hope not!

Anyway, I'm interested in Natural Wonders. Think you could just list them all? (You said you didn't know which we're new or not.)

For a third expansion, you need to think of possible themes for it. Civilizations in expansions almost always fit the theme of the expansion. I could think of two possible ideas, Civilization V: Discovery and Enlightenment (focuses on colonization, vassalage, revolutions, adds a transition from Renaissance and Industrial, etc) and Civilization V: One Small Step (focuses on space exploration, expands the Future era, global warming, MAD, Cold Wars, etc).

Though, at any rate, I feel this list could fit both themes (except the last two couldn't fit my OSS idea).
1) (Gran) Columbia
2) Canada
3) Australia
4) Argentina
5) Mexico
6) Kongo
7) Vietnam
8) Cherokee
9) Holy Rome

Eh, even if you weren't suppose to, everyone makes mistakes once and a while.

I would throw Khmer in. At 50+ civs, you want to have at least all the powerhouses. Khmer was the biggest and most powerful mainland civ for its region. A hotly-contested one at that. Hard to see the devs missing out on that and shafting them

Though it doesn't fit the theme you're going for and Vietnam is more likely to be their 'token' civ from SEA

I do certainly hope not!

If you're in the clear then it would be great if you could fill in all the small holes here and there about stuff like natural wonders, technologies and such, but I wouldn't post more details until I was absolutely clear on NDA status if I were you.

And while you're at it; dig up some info about exactly the Pathfinder unit for the Shoshone works vis-à-vis picking hut contents.

I do certainly hope not!

I don't disagree with you, if you and your editor were not under the impression that an NDA was in place, I mean what else can you do? I wouldn't worry about it, I'm just saying that azazell would probably know, given the history with G&K

And while you're at it; dig up some info about exactly the Pathfinder unit for the Shoshone works vis-à-vis picking hut contents.

I'm fairly certain the copy he has only has the 7 officially announced civs playable and he only found the last two in the civilopedia entries (that maybe were left there unintentionally).

I doubt we'll find out more about the specific mechanics of the ability until they are officially announced (probably later this week).

Top Bottom