1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Beyond Earth - a flawed, underrated gem

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by KayAU, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

If you think about it, it makes sense. We have gunboats now and we have not developed space travel yet. Light infantry units weight much less than armored units, and the atmosphere may not be good for the ICE that tanks need. What the game needs is better late round aliens. This should come through the quest feature. If you tame the aliens in the quest some will escape and inject their genes into the environment. You will get a note the the AI have done so if you go Purity.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  2. s0nny80y

s0nny80y Emperor

Any thoughts on colonists turned outposts prior to settlement?

8housesofelixir likes this.
  3. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

The Power tree has a virtue that if you capture an outpost, you can make it your outpost (instead of it being destroyed). It should be if you capture a station you get to turn it into an outpost. I think that was probably what the developers originally intended, but changed for reasons unknown to me. The AI is always attacking the stations as if they could capture them.

4. vorlon_mi

vorlon_mi Just One More Turn

This game is one of the only -- maybe the only -- one in the franchise where a settler/colonist does not immediately form a city. It's an interesting decision by the designers, and opens up options like the virtue to take over an outpost, or an agreement where outposts can defend themselves. I can't say I'm a big fan, but I don't hate it either.

Regarding AI attacking stations -- I always assumed that the AI was either following a quest, or the AI knew that I had a trade route with the station and was trying to damage my colony without openly declaring war.

8housesofelixir likes this.