Beyond the Sword for Mac OS is Shipping!

dojoboy

Tsalagi
Moderator Action: This thread contains posts split from the When will "Beyond the Sword" come out for mac? thread.

German version of Civ4: BtS shipped today.

Link

Oooh, neat. I should know within an hour or so if it's at the local Apple Store.

Oooh, neat. I should know within an hour or so if it's at the local Apple Store.
Well, I WOULD have, if my wife had checked and texted me the result as I asked. *grumble*

And that would be the US version, since I'm in Boston.

Amazon shipped BTS out to me yesterday. Amazon bumped it up to one day saver (I'd selected 2-day as I have Amazon Prime). I was quite surprised because earlier yesterday they emailed me yet again about a delay in shipping it to next week.

Welcome :wavey: Give us a clue about which Amazon this was? I'm guessing USA, but ...

Well, I stand corrected . Actually, I sit corrected.
I think about typing the word "shambles".
I don't expect Brad to know what's going
on - he's not in the PR/delivery loop, clearly - but someone might deign to drip a
bit of information in the direction of the paying customers.

Welcome :wavey: Give us a clue about which Amazon this was? I'm guessing USA, but ...

Must be USA if Amazon Prime is a 2-day service. In UK and Germany it's one day.......
Anyone else corroborate this, or do we have just one lucky US customer?
:mischief:

It will be truly ironic if it really is in people's hands prior to any official press release.

It will be truly ironic if it really is in people's hands prior to any official press release.

A published news bit on the German release. Not a release announcement.

MacGamer.com

A published news bit on the German release. Not a release announcement.

MacGamer.com

Okay - I believe.........but I do not understand - the sort of attitude one may decide to apply to the existence of God, but not so readily to the existence of a computer game.
A bit of information wouldn't come amiss. As the higher beings at Aspyr don't seem ready to address us mortals, I wonder if Brad might be able to channel a message through..... or maybe we should all join hands round the table and hope for spirit messages.

Or just wait for the post tomorrow and see if we strike lucky?

Okay - I believe.........but I do not understand - the sort of attitude one may decide to apply to the existence of God, but not so readily to the existence of a computer game.
A bit of information wouldn't come amiss. As the higher beings at Aspyr don't seem ready to address us mortals, I wonder if Brad might be able to channel a message through..... or maybe we should all join hands round the table and hope for spirit messages.

Or just wait for the post tomorrow and see if we strike lucky?

Well, I just preordered/ordered it from Amazon.com. I also emailed Aspyr's PR department asking if it's shipped in North America yet.

Surprise, surprise! I just checked my order with Amazon and they say it's shipped! Since I always get the free shipping, the delivery date is shown as July 31st. Based on previous experience, I expect it on the 30th. NOW can we have a press release, Aspyr? :woohoo:

Surprise, surprise! I just checked my order with Amazon and they say it's shipped! Since I always get the free shipping, the delivery date is shown as July 31st. Based on previous experience, I expect it on the 30th. NOW can we have a press release, Aspyr? :woohoo:

:goodjob:

I bet a month from now we'll all be playing it and Aspyr still won't have any mention of it on their website and it still won't "officially" exist. :)

A bit of information wouldn't come amiss. As the higher beings at Aspyr don't seem ready to address us mortals...

Have I mentioned that I work for Aspyr? That I'm an Aspyr employee? ;)

Let me recap:

1. We've not (yet!) been given clearance by the PC publisher to announce. In fact, we've been given explicit warnings not to announce until cleared, so we're waiting for that to happen. I'm not sure if I can make this point any clearer, and I've frankly been a little gunshy about saying as much as I have because of this.

2. A-S-H is under the same restriction, but I won't tattle on them to the PC publisher if you guys won't - they are probably flying well under the radar. ;)

3. You may further take my word at face value if you promise not to tattle on me to the PC publisher or my bosses. ;)

4. The game is supposed to be shipping this week. I was reluctant to divulge this fact earlier because I didn't want to read a storm of angry posts if no one received it by midnight on Saturday. ;)

4. The game is supposed to be shipping this week. I was reluctant to divulge this fact earlier because I didn't want to read a storm of angry posts if no one received it by midnight on Saturday. ;)

Thanks Brad! "That's one small step for Civ, one giant leap for Mac-kind"

Top Bottom