[R&F] Bilateral alliances not that helpful

ArallanKing

Warlord
So in one game, with YNAEMP Giant Map TSL, playing as Lautaro, I was having a military alliance with Pedro. As turns turned into other turns, Monty just being Monty, he and John Curtin declared surprise war on me. Pedro didn't do anything and Monty eventually took my extremely beautiful canal city of Panama. I pursued peace with John Curtin and he accepted. However, because of Monty took my city, he triggered an emergency.

Teddy and Poundy joined the emergency, and the war became a two-front war for Monty. I guessed that Teddy and Poundy attacked Monty so hard that few turns later, Monty asked for peace to me. Within the peace deal, I asked Monty to return my beautiful Panama back to me. Somehow, he agreed to do so, thus ending the emergency as well.

The thing is, if I can be militarily allied with Teddy and Poundy in the first place, we could crush Monty together before even he took my precious Panama, instead of being in useless alliance with Pedro. Because I cannot ask Teddy and Poundy to go to war with Monty if I already at war with him. If only multiple alliances with the same type are possible... Or maybe Devs can bring some mechanics like international organizations *cough* NATO, COMINTERN, EU *cough*, it'd be good to crush Monty (which actually in the middle of the continent) before he crushes the other four one by one...

All alliance types have defensive pact you know? (hence, if AI declares war directly on me he often finds himself fighting 6 civs). All you had to do was ally Teddy and Poundy with whatever alliance type (if you have Poundy, military alliance which is mainly useful for the vision, is useless... economic alliance is by far the strongest but research is great too). But the defensive pact will not trigger if the AI in question is friends/allies with the civ who declared war on you, or if they are during the 10 turns of a peace treaty.

Top Bottom