Black Screen

BenZL43

awkward cat
I always wonder...
Why the screen when we are waiting our turn to spawn has to be black?
Can it be tweaked so for example if we are American, we can see what Babylonia do?
Is better if we can also WB it.. to make it FUN...
Like for example, we don't like France building Fort Detroit, so we can just delete it or whatever.. or when we play as Viking we always know the Noord land is most of the time empty so we add 2 or 3 Barbarian warrior before we spawn to make it more variative..

Why should it be black and we can't do anything than waiting?

'cause that's how autoplay works...
Not sure if it's even possible to change that! And WBing your start? You can do this after the autoplay...
I would like to have an option to change earth's-history-likliness e.g. auto spawn cities for ai, wars, religion founding etc at certain times. So one could play america with, say 90% history-likliness, and would see a British NAm or with 50% and could see some german colonies...

Enable cheat mode (in the .ini file) and reveal the map (Ctrl + Z). Sit back and enjoy the autoplay unfold while you wait! :king:

If you wanna get rid of the Dawn of Man screen blocking the view, open up any advisor screen and close it again. This makes the former window to disappear.

Also note that you can move around the map by clicking on the minimap. And also that you can pause the autoplay at any time with the Pause key (at least on a PC machine). That also makes it possible to scroll around the map unhindered, zoom in/out and so forth.

Being able to affect the world before your civilization exists would violate the law of causality. Possibly. I'm not sure, I failed physics.

Anyway, just be thankful Rhye is around to protect the time space continuum.

Thanks all :)
I've got a better example, btw..

Russian AI loves to built crappy cities so much. If we could WB it like putting jungle when they're about to settle the crap, therefore blocking their way, they might choose to built a better cities..

More example if you want to spawn a independent or barbarian cities that actually influence the world quite much, for example, Kashgar and the Silk road cities.. But we spawn way way way after they spawn so we can't control the game ! Nah that's some example, according to me ;)

Some civs also tend to not growing to their historical expansion should be, whatever their reason.. in this case, we could add cities to them, as long as it's historical and not buff them, to represent the expansion. For example, I often add Kjobmendahavn to Viking when I spawn and seen they do not settle there, there's no other foreign presence there :)

I also believe in, if we have a more historical Babylonia, more historical China, India, Egypt, Greece, Rome so on.. we might have more chance of historical America later place :)
Sorry if it's too long --"

BenZL43, you know about PyScenario, right? Because I developed it exactly for the sort of stuff you're talking about.

The one that you use to make the awesome Desertification mod right?
I like that one :)

The one that you use to make the awesome Desertification mod right?
Yeah, you could make your own mod-mod without learning any Python. But it only works with RFC: Epic/Marathon.

You know; you should really make it compatible with regular rfc, that sir would be perfect.

Where's the point? RFC E/M takes nothing away from RFC vanilla. There's just the two new game speeds and performance improvements.

Exactly. PyScenario was originally for the official RFC release only, but I got bombarded with request for porting it to Epic/Marathon. And no, I'm not gonna develop something for two versions simultaneously. Not gonna happen.

Top Bottom