1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackened Skies

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Nuka-sama, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

ANNOUNCEMENT

We are the TOKYO CARTEL, an alliance of interested persons and free-thinking individuals, and the political alliance responsible for the creation of much Wealth & Welfare in Daitoukyou. We stand before the World now to issue a call to action, to the Japanese nation. It is time for you to act! The insidious Kyoto Group may call themselves a national front of Japan, but what they really are is a seizure of demons, a convulsion away from the scintillating light of civilization. In Tokyo, and with the help of our benefactors, these past 40 years we have seen Japan transformed into a modern Nation, one that truly deserves respect and acknowledgement from the entire world, and those of us who acknowledge reality agree that our lives have never been better. We have lived and worked with our American colleagues, and their friends from other Nations and Empires, for many years, and we have created a culture of harmony, peaceful coexistence, and progress. We are an example to a world filled with chaos and disorder that it is possible for goodness to exist, unremitted by the bloody chaos of selfish idealists and unmitigated fools. To-day, Japan is a safe harbor for people of all faiths and creeds, and we believe that we have earned the mantle that was offered to us when we joined under the aegis of the United States government.

It is the tradition of the United States politics that all people are created equal, and that they are endowed by whatever forces of Creation exist with equal rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of Fulfillment. We, too, hold these truths to be self-evident, and we consider it our sacred duty to act in their defense.

That is why we make a twin declaration. First, we declare that we will seize the moment in a time when initiative is scarce. Our government is plagued by rebels at home, and rather than be swept up in a tide of chaos, we must steel ourselves and work ever-harder for the preservation of the Union. Hence, we declare that we will use our powers to combine and mobilize the resources of Daitoukyou and Japan to crush the rebellion emerging from the Japanese National Front. Make no mistake: they are not salvation. They are starvation. They will drag us, bleeding and broken, back into the dark ages we have worked so hard to escape from. It is sheer foolishness to dwell on such petty nationalisms over the purity of universal republicanism. Hence, we consider it our sacred duty to crush the Japanese National Front at all costs, and we will devote every spare effort to this end.

Second, we declare that we are no longer content with being an imperial territory. We have clearly earned the right to be considered U.S. citizens, same as any other, by dint of our common ideals; and have made good on that right by proving ourselves countless times before as loyal, cosmopolitan citizens. We demand to be considered an equal Commonwealth, a true voting member of the Union, and in accordance with our Constitution, we demand this membership is afforded by stripping it from Allegheny. Allegheny have demonstrated their treason more severely than any of the other rebel movements. The rest, we identify in them genuine Ideals that we Sympathize with, if their current petty rages need to be quelled. Make no mistake, we support the Federal government at all ends. However, we expect to be rewarded for our loyal service, and the treason of the Enclave is as profound as our very character.

In these desperate times, we will triumph and persevere, and restore the glory of democracy to the crest of our great international Republic.

Forward Japan!

2. Double A

Double A wak

ooc: You did for Li Zhuten's bio.

But anyway, Zhao is actually my emperor's surname. Full name is Zhao Xilang. Only time it came up before was the treaty we signed three years ago.

3. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

The Russian Times

Daily Russian Newspaper

Russia Opens Up to Investment

Lord-Regent Gerlach Trautmann, after a meeting with the Regency Council, announced that Russia will open up to foreign private investment and will offer incentives to investors. He has stated that Russia will offer low taxation and laws that solve labor problems and which will be profitable for foreign businessmen. Also he has announced the formation of the 'Investments Organization' which will deal with investors and make sure that the paperwork needed for an investment will be minimum. 'A new age of rapid economic growth begins for Russia', the Lord-Regent stated, 'which shall improve the standard of living of all Russians'.

Military Genius of Lord-Regent

The Lord-Regent has shown with his latest victory that he is a military genius on par with Julius Caesar and Napoleon Bonaparte. Lord-Regent Gerlach Trautmann, after bring glory to the Empire by conquering Hungary and Romania, now glorifies Russia once again with his spectacular military victory in China. His conquest of Sinkiang is one of the greatest military achievements of our time and has shown his strategic and tactical genius. 'This is only the beginning', he stated, 'for very soon I will defeat again the Han forces and crush once and for all this insolent regime'. The Lord-Regent has also praised the Zhao generals who, although are not as talented as the Lord-Regent, have nonetheless showed remarkable military skills.

Rebellions in the West are Crushed

The Rebellions in the West have been crushed by the Russian forces. The Russian army has been able to achieve one victory after the other. Hungary and Romania have been pacified while the Polish rebels have suffered extreme casualties and will be defeated sooner than later. 'The defeat of this Jewish instigated revolt', Georgy Chicherin said, 'is the first victory against the Zionist New Order'. The Russian soldiers showed bravery and courage and made Russia proud by defeating the anarcho-atheist rebels. With the end of the Rebellions, the Western regions of the Empire will become peaceful and prosperous once again.

4. christos200

OOC: Sorry for double post, but felt that this new development was important.

IC:

Edit: Ignore

Spoiler :
    The Russian Times

Daily Russian Newspaper​

Prussian Rebels Surrender

The leader of the Prussian Rebels has announced the surrender of his forces to the Tsar. In return, Tsar Constantine II has agreed to grant general amnesty to all his forces and to the people of Prussia and to appoint Prussian Governors in the area, in the same way Muslim Governors rule the Turkic provinces in Central Asia. With the destruction of Hungarian and Romanian forces and the surrender of the Prussians, only a few Polish rebels remain and they have been asked to surrender in order to spare their people from destruction. Peace will be soon restored in the Russian Empire.

5. Golgol395

Golgol395 Chieftain

I confirme this

6. Golgol395

Golgol395 Chieftain

I also re-join as The Federal Republic of Switzerland

7. tobiisagoodboy

tobiisagoodboy Prince

OOC: OBJECTION ! This is not right. You can't take a rebel movement and then simply say, "sup,give up". You can change but simpyl say that the Prussians give up because you want to is wrong .

8. christos200

OOC: He has 0 divisions. The Prussians would have surrendered anyway.

9. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama :)

Yea so I'm going to jump in here real quick. Due to the rule changes and how deployment works, Prussia has 0 "Active" divisions, because it is still arming. Prussia is still getting ready for the fight, so it hasn't really done much combat against Russia.

Golgol, you can remain Prussia if you wish or switch to Switzerland. I'm going to go ahead though and override the Prussian surrender though.

10. Ogane

Ogane Proletarian Revolutionary

Spoiler :

To the people of the USSA:

Comrades! We have won a glorious victory on this day! We have pushed back the American oppressors and reclaimed land for our glorious people! We must rejoice, but never forget our goals. We must all take up arms and fight our oppressors, reclaim what is rightfully ours! Together we can stand against the might of the Fed oppressors and together we will achieve victory! The committee to draw up the constitution of our glorious nation is meeting as we speak. Soon my brothers and sisters we will be our own, no one will be able to claim the USSA! We will not Fall back, we will fight to the last, We will take no steps back, Only Forward!

OOC: Fantastic Update

11. Golgol395

Golgol395 Chieftain

Thank you but I'm still switching to the Swiss. I actually new they were arming themselves but I still felt like it was a hopeless situation so I decided to surrender and switch.

12. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama :)

Alright then, welcome to Switzerland :)

13. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

Umshini wami mshini wami
    khawuleth'umshini wami
    Umshini wami mshini wami,
    khawuleth'umshini wami
    Umshini wami mshini wami,
    khawuleth'umshini wami
    khawuleth'umshini wami
    Wen'uyang'ibambezela
    umshini wami, khawuleth'umshini wami...

Spoiler translations are poop :
    My machine gun my machine gun
    Please bring my machine gun
    My machine my machine gun
    My machine gun my machine gun
    You're pulling me back
    My machine gun, Please bring my machine gun

14. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

Greek government formed in Exile

Nikolaos Plastiras, the new leader of Greece has this to say: "While Greece has fallen despite the valiant defense of our men, a few ministers and military officers have managed to escape Greece and have vowed to continue the struggle against the Italian imperialists. They have been allowed by the Tsar to form a government-in-exile in St. Petersburg."

he also mentions that the previous government, run by Ioannis Metaxas, has not been heard from. from our point of view, they are dead. if they are discovered alive, an inquiry will be held as to why Greece fell so easily to Italy. they may be innocent of any wrongdoing, or they may be guilty of some crime.

OOC: thats right. i am rejoining. i just needed a small break, apparently.

15. christos200

The Russian Tsar pledges to help in any way he can his Greek allies and he vows to liberate sooner or later Greece.

16. christos200

Russia mobilizes to 75%

17. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

Greek Government in Exile calls out for Volunteers

the Greek government is calling on Greeks in Russia, and Russian volunteers, to help form an Army, to liberate Greece. know that if you join, you will be Guaranteed a spot in the Army, and will help rebuild Greece from the Italian, er, "administration", and serve under the legendary Greek General, Nikolaos Plastiras. the chance for Glory is yours, if you take it.

the the minimum number of volunteers to form an Army is 10,000. anything less than that, we cant do anything.

do note that Russia will decide the exact Army Composition, because they will want us to do the hard work of liberating Greece.

18. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

Taking over Colombia

19. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

Apologies for the double post

Colombia will be raising its mobilization to 60%

20. Robert Can't

Robert Can't Grantaire

India mobilises to 40%