1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"blank" SoI engine

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by srpt, Oct 7, 2012.

1. archcapitalist

archcapitalist Chieftain

this is the perfect vehicle to develop an a song of ice and fire mod. or game of thrones, what have you.

there have been some mods on that theme, but they've been underwhelming imo,

i have some ideas of how this could be awesome, but im not a modder.

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I"m not sure about that. It's realy awesome to build an RFC mod on it. But if you want any other type of mod (like a Game of Thrones themed mod), I wouldn't use it. It's not designed for that. Unless you want the RFC features in that mod ofcourse.

3. archcapitalist

archcapitalist Chieftain

well of course. it would be a game of thrones rfc mod. uhvs, dynamic spawns, etc

at the start you can only play as the first men,(with the children of the forest on the board as natives)

the andals appear on teh board first as seljuk/mongol like waves of barbarians, and then settle as kingdoms, flipping the barb conquered cities. the lannisters, arryns, ironborn, spawn around then (not sure when the starks spawn as a separate entity from the generic first men,)

later on the rhoynar make a similar barb invasion then the martells spawn in dorne.

eventually the targaryens show up as a nonplayable civ. (im not sure how this would be handled, perhaps they could be encouraged to vassalize a lot) but their auto stacks should encourage them to conquer the stormlands riverlands and reach, upon which the tully, tyrell and baratheon spawns would trigger, flipping the targ or old civ landss appropriately.

theres a ton of other features that could make it better, i was just thinking of the basic structure

eta: anyways, just a suggestion. other fictional worlds with long histories could be ideas for mods as well.

it was the waves of invasion that made me think of it. RFC: british isles would be interesting as well

4. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

There's a (probably dead) unfinished RFC Britannia modmod.