"blank" SoI engine

this is the perfect vehicle to develop an a song of ice and fire mod. or game of thrones, what have you.

there have been some mods on that theme, but they've been underwhelming imo,

i have some ideas of how this could be awesome, but im not a modder.

I"m not sure about that. It's realy awesome to build an RFC mod on it. But if you want any other type of mod (like a Game of Thrones themed mod), I wouldn't use it. It's not designed for that. Unless you want the RFC features in that mod ofcourse.

I"m not sure about that. It's realy awesome to build an RFC mod on it. But if you want any other type of mod (like a Game of Thrones themed mod), I wouldn't use it. It's not designed for that. Unless you want the RFC features in that mod ofcourse.

well of course. it would be a game of thrones rfc mod. uhvs, dynamic spawns, etc

at the start you can only play as the first men,(with the children of the forest on the board as natives)

the andals appear on teh board first as seljuk/mongol like waves of barbarians, and then settle as kingdoms, flipping the barb conquered cities. the lannisters, arryns, ironborn, spawn around then (not sure when the starks spawn as a separate entity from the generic first men,)

later on the rhoynar make a similar barb invasion then the martells spawn in dorne.

eventually the targaryens show up as a nonplayable civ. (im not sure how this would be handled, perhaps they could be encouraged to vassalize a lot) but their auto stacks should encourage them to conquer the stormlands riverlands and reach, upon which the tully, tyrell and baratheon spawns would trigger, flipping the targ or old civ landss appropriately.

theres a ton of other features that could make it better, i was just thinking of the basic structure

eta: anyways, just a suggestion. other fictional worlds with long histories could be ideas for mods as well.

it was the waves of invasion that made me think of it. RFC: british isles would be interesting as well

Hi, I know this thread is dead but I'm going to put down my progress on making an RFC mod. Partly for me to document progress partly for me to help others with problems i found along the way. So here are the things I've done so far.

1. get a world builder map and put it in the private maps folder, either your own or someone elses. I'm using the basic rhye's and fall map. Make sure to delete or replace coal, aluminium, uranium, corn or bananas as they dont appear in SOI so need to be re added later.
2. put starting points for all civs. In consts.py easy to do.
3. Change the text names for civs. Done in civilizationsinfo.xml also easy
4. making province and settler maps. this is a hard one, I haven't finished this yet.
4.1 download printmap.py from https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/technical-documentation.428869/page-5#post-11092902
4.2 add iMapWidth and iMapHeight variables to consts.py
4.3 run the printmap command and add to a spreadsheet instruction in link above.
4.4 make maps in spreadsheet and copy over to maps.py -this is where i'm up to still figuring out technical and will take a while to do.
5 timeline
6 techtree/buildings/civics xml stuff
7 better starts, unit spawning and starting techs.

Just a quick update: figured out how to export data from the spreadsheet and a few other province things.
How to get map data
1. download printmap.py, and put iMapHeight and iMap Width in consts.py for it to work
2. run from instructions in download post
How to modify map data to get it to work
1. make sure to a have a column with ( to the left of your map data and a column with ), to the right of it.
2. Make sure all the tiles have a comma after their number so 3, or 8, not 3 or 8. It should all look something like this.
(1,0,1,),
(0,2,2,),
look up how to add text after text in cells for your preferred spreadsheet software and i recommend colour coding cells.
How to export data from spreadsheet to maps.py
simple copy and paste replacing previous map

Note about provinces
Numbers in spreadsheet correlate with the list in consts.py. In the same order.
Adding a name for a province require making text in the xml. Will provide examples later.

EDIT: make sure to increase numregions in consts.py to correlate to the number of provinces or you get a python error.

Last edited:
Top Bottom