Blue Marble 4.5 with BTS Steam users

vaevictis

Chieftain
I didn't find any info on this topic but dead ends. I found away to make it work with steam civ bts game. Once you installed blue marble patch it will only work with Civ4 vanilla. Under your mygame folder go into the civ4 vanilla version and copy the civ4 INI file. Next goto your BTS folder (under mygames still) and over write the INI file. Once I did that and started a new game I noticed the graphical changes. Make sure you run vanilla civ4 so it shows up in your mygames folder.

Cheers.

I didn't find any info on this topic but dead ends. I found away to make it work with steam civ bts game. Once you installed blue marble patch it will only work with Civ4 vanilla. Under your mygame folder go into the civ4 vanilla version and copy the civ4 INI file. Next goto your BTS folder (under mygames still) and over write the INI file. Once I did that and started a new game I noticed the graphical changes. Make sure you run vanilla civ4 so it shows up in your mygames folder.

Cheers.

I actually found an easier way some time ago - and yeah I should have posted it somewhere. Basically the problem is that Blue Marble can't find the other versions due to the separate folder structure. So I copied the vanilla civ4 exe over to the main steam/common/..../BTS/BTS folder so BM can see it when you run it. You have to run BM separately for BTS once you copy over the vanilla exe, and just point the install to the BTS folder.

(note: there is no harm having a copy of the vanilla exe over in the BTS folder. You can just leave it there in case you want to run BM again for ui changes)

I don't think you really want to mess with the BTS ini like that.

Top Bottom