BNW - America Deity Domination - Honor - Commerce - Minutemen

peddroelm

King
Honor opening infantry/melee based domination game.. I cannot win using only(mostly) melee units (longswords/muskets) with any of the civs like I can with xbows .. Which meant I had to go for more of a "combined arms" approach (melee + siege units) .. Opening tech order needs to change a bit since 2 city honor cannot sustain getting gunpowder + chemistry tech in time without education (kind of messed it up in this video, I did get a much better result in the test run(which had better map to be fair)) .. Also since I wasn't very confident about this strategy I went with what I perceive currently as one of the top dogs in melee based domination games (if you discount tech civs and Poland) America.. (probably behind incans (without Kilimanjaro) but ahead of Azecs and Ottomans)

youtube playlist link

first video processed - next videos should be up in one week tops

Eh, just wanna say I think u'r doing great dude, keep going honor domination with trick man, peace

What do you think is best promotions for warriors and swords as America? Minuteman gets free Drill 1 promotion so that is kind of wasted for warriors and swords. Of course if there is only rough terrain shock is also waste. Cover is always usual but it delays march and other useful promotions.

What do you think is best promotions for warriors and swords as America? Minuteman gets free Drill 1 promotion so that is kind of wasted for warriors and swords. Of course if there is only rough terrain shock is also waste. Cover is always usual but it delays march and other useful promotions.

I'm not a big believer on the melee line as core army capably of taking cities vs deity AI with most civs.. At least not before longsword/musket era ... Idealy I would avoid DOW ing (unless forced into a defensive war) until I get them upgraded .. I would pick the shock line of upgrades (XP buildings//barb fights) until then ... Maybe starting area doesn't have a lot of open terrain but their career as Minutemen should take them places and having both shock and drill promotions would help their versatility // ability to flank/cut off reinforcements ..

Once the free drill is received I usually beeline Blitz first ... Blitz allows to attack into a pocket and retreat to safetly over flat land (IGNORING ZONE OF CONTROL) for regular 2 move infantry units .. It gets better for units with woodsman promotion - can attack kill into forest/jungle and retreat and downright broken on minutemen that can attack kill and come back over any terrain (even across rivers) .. (jaguars/janisaries/recritment criss swordsmen will also heal after performing the deed) It also allows to pillage after kill (for even more healing) if remaining in place is not too risky ..

Cover or march is the next one ... March if fighting in/near owned territory or with medic support - cover if sieging city ..

I am at the 5th part, where you enhance your religion. I am wondering, why did u choose a useless enhancer instead of the perfectly fine "gain 50 faith from every great person spent". This one is good with peaceful religion and even better with honor, where you get 10 great generals on top of all the scientists , artist, musician and writers, that you are gonna spend. So all combined - that enhancer alone gives u more than 1000 faith - thats a free great merchant, to get cach and influence from a CS ...

Instead of that you pick religion spreads faster or something.

I am at the 5th part, where you enhance your religion. I am wondering, why did u choose a useless enhancer instead of the perfectly fine "gain 50 faith from every great person spent". This one is good with peaceful religion and even better with honor, where you get 10 great generals on top of all the scientists , artist, musician and writers, that you are gonna spend. So all combined - that enhancer alone gives u more than 1000 faith - thats a free great merchant, to get cach and influence from a CS ...

Instead of that you pick religion spreads faster or something.

did not occur to me - generally the religion will stick to the holly city even with deity level AI religious spam unless they use a great prophet to nuke it so it would've probably been a better choice.. Next time :)

exactly :) Even if they nuke the holy city, this enhancer still works, and i always find it valuable.

Top Bottom