BNW Crashing

Graceclaw

Chieftain
I know that there are a million threads out there almost exactly like this, and I wouldn't be here if I hadn't read most or all of them and tried all of the proposed solutions.

I have a game that will NOT go past turn 111- every time I click "next turn", it goes for half of the enemy phases, the music stutters, and the game exits. I have gone into windowed mode for both DX9 and DX10, gone offline for Steam, gone back to turn 100 (and even 90), loaded differently, taken different actions, everything. Restarted the comp. I really don't want to give up this game, because I am going for a cultural victory via religion, and I'm AMAZINGLY positioned geographically for it and have devoted several hours to getting this far and trying to fix it. Is there really nothing more I can do? Should I just give up?

I have 60 hours of Civ 5 logged- there was one similar instance, but I fixed it by loading differently and going offline/online for Steam. That didn't work this time. My computer is at a healthy temperature- I have a laptop fan running underneath it and live in MINNESOTA.

Do I just have to give up on my game and try again with a different map? Do we just give in to the poor design of the game?

I have attached my Dlxx.dg (the diagnostic tool) file. I AM running a few mods, but they are mods that I have completed full games with before.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    27.8 KB · Views: 60
Have you deleted all the necessary files, minus the save games? Move them to a different location. Clear out all files under the windows my game folder. Run the verify local cache files in steam after you have done that. Do it several times, even after it says "All files verified successfully". If it keeps downloading files, then maybe delete the local content, reboot and re-download the game. If that does not resolve it, then the saved file itself is corrupted and you may have to go back further especially if there has been a patch. You may have to go back to a save before the patch.

A note to those who play long games and invest a great amount of time. If you are not going for any achievements on steam, play in offline mode for the whole game, or turn off auto-updates. That way a patch will not interfere with the current game play.

If you keep getting this type of issue (file corruption), you may want to think about putting steam and Civ5 on a thumb drive. Your computer is using a 2 GB swap file on the drive, and is also sharing memory with the GPU.

Top Bottom