BNW Maps

pecx

Chieftain
Hi there!

are there any scenarios/maps for BNW-CCTP?
I used "yet another earth map pack" but these maps dont work because all the new resources are missing.

Is tsl conpatible? Or any other true starting location on earth type mod? If it is only lua+config, then I might attempt to establish compatibility@Gilgamesh: If I do it with current public version do you forsee any breaking change with work in progress version? Will you able to merge them? Do you have any pointer me to use? Regards, Gabor

Is tsl conpatible? Or any other true starting location on earth type mod? If it is only lua+config, then I might attempt to establish compatibility@Gilgamesh: If I do it with current public version do you forsee any breaking change with work in progress version? Will you able to merge them? Do you have any pointer me to use? Regards, Gabor

Welcome to the forum
:band:[party]:banana::dance:

We have only one version outthere of CCTP (405 testing version), i removed the other version time ago for some reasons.

The only tutorial about makking maps comtabile is this. But it wasnt finished and iam not complete sure if its still actuell.

Sure if you managed to import other maps into cctp, we will gladly include them in CCTP.;)
We are just to busy with other parts, that maps doesnt have that priority yet.

Unfortunately current versions do not contain the notepad++ macros that tutorial refers to making deciphering content quite difficult

Brief update: Yesterday night I managed to get Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22) work with Community Call To Power v4.05 DLL Version (v 3).

It still requires significant polishing, but apparent incompatibility is missing. Currently Sahara is flooded with honey, there is tea in south france etc.

Resource balance I shall fix, realistic resource location I will not.

Can someone confirm, Steel, Kerozene, Diesel are not on map resources?

The hotfixes upt till now:
Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22)\GameSetup\ResourcesRules.lua : Delete all those lines that start with delete.

Community Call To Power v4.05 DLL Version (v 3)\CCTP\Resources\CCTP_Resources be specific is something is 0:

Add <ConstAppearance>0</ConstAppearance>
<MinAreaSize/>
<MaxLatitude/>
<RandApp1>0</RandApp1>
<RandApp2>0</RandApp2>

instead of

<ConstAppearance/>
<MinAreaSize/>
<MaxLatitude/>
<RandApp1/>
<RandApp2/>

Now I am up for balancing. I have to remove 400 honey from the map and add more than 2 titanium :)

Can someone confirm, Steel, Kerozene, Diesel are not on map resources?

This resources are not placed, because they are only avaible due buildings/policies, this also count for Electricity and Manpower.

Good to hear you make good progress :goodjob:

The other major incompatibility is TilesPer should be 0 or 30+ for Honey and at least 15 for the rest, otherwise they will have significantly more on huge maps, taking place from the regular resources.

Btw: Is there any info vhen we shall get next version? As of now I am about ready to start on Great TSL world map, but prefer to wait to the new release if possible.

If it is not fully polished I do not care.

Ps.

How to ship my findings? I had to edit files in both mods, and probably broke other map types my CCTP side changes.

Top Bottom