[BNW] Performance degrades over time

Litissimo

Chieftain
Hi all,

Been dealing with this problem since I got BNW in the winter, but it's finally starting to drive me insane and I figured I'd reach out for help.

When I load up a game of BNW, I get great frame rates and performance. Everything's smooth and fast. As I play, the game gets laggier and laggier and slower and slower, until the frame rates are choppy and turns take 2x-3x longer than usual. The problem is more pronounced on larger maps and late in games, but I don't think it's just a matter of the game naturally having to process more, because when I load up a save, even for a large map at a late stage in the game, I get great performance for the first few turns, and then it degrades.

On standard-size or smaller maps, it usually takes about an hour of playtime to go from buttery smooth to choppy and slow. On larger maps it takes less time.

Anybody ever encountered this before, or have any ideas what I can do for a fix? Exiting Civ and loading it up again gets me another hour, but it's very frustrating.

Top Bottom