Boff-01 We were always coming back

yup it was a done cause long ago hah. If you look at the start we are sitting on a seafood start, khan is trapped with us next to him and sury blocking him south. Saladin is on his own little bit of hell and is blocked by sury. Imagine if that was a scary civ like HC or Mansa.

Well we did indeed scout for more lands across the coasts but well seeing as the main continent shore was firmly in khans lands, no wonder we never expanded there.
Not an excuse for the fail and all but live and learn eh? hehe.

Still think declaring war on khan then dropping the SG was just bad form tho heheh. Meh live and learn, I had fun :)

Good try man, onto boffo2!

Cheers!
-Liq

Well ok silver lets try this one again seeing as we panicked because we lost oil.. what a bunch of noobs. I say we fire that Liq guy and get a REAL player like Slaze...... *blink*

omg silver just sent poor liq a 1922 save and wow.... wtf noobs were we?

A snippet of the insanity..

State property rofl..

No customs houses at all with MAJOR phat forgin trade lines... a great scientist and spy chilling in Athens I think hehe.

We never needed oil to win via space... sury is so behind in tech and we are almost to pa with hammy. Wow just so much total smoke it's painful haha.

Cheers!
-Thread Necro Liq.

1909AD (499):

We have money thanks to Liq. Ok, and our military is obsoleting, so I'll have to spend some of it. Blow 2 grand upgrading 4 frigates to destroyers (the high promo ones). Also upgrade the 4 remaining Bigmen to Infantry. 33 gold left.

Domestic stuff looks ok, but we definitely need to change civics. Emancipation and State Property for 3 turns of Anarchy.

Hammurabi still won't give us a PA. Likely he won't unless he gets out of the war, which is unlikely, seeing as Sury is an idiot.

1910AD (500):

lol, we nail a spy.

Workers are aimlessly building railroads.

1911AD (501):

Wow, Hammy is apparently more powerful than Sury. So why doesn't he come over and whip him?

Sarai appears to be the next spot we're popping a GP, so I'll hire massed artists there or something.

1912AD (502):

And we're back! Flight in 21, making 187 gold at 40% science, so I dial it up to 60%. Flight in 15, sweet. We are killing Sury's Tech Rate. Says Medicine in 20, but we can do Medicine in 12 :D.

We are apparently making lots of money from foreign trade routes now. A quick look shows only Sury and Sitting Bull are still in Mercantilism. Sweet.

Gonna mess with the specs a bit. So Sarai and Athens pop a GP at the same time eh? Well, Athens is a fairly fresh pool, so we'll go with that. 52 bloody turns for most likely an artist. Gonna stall Sarai for one turn by firing a spec. Nowhere to work though, so he's a citizen for one turn. Setting up a scientist here, until next turn, when merchants will be better.

1913AD (503):

A bunch of stuff is done this turn.

Sparta done with Rushmore. Ok, it can contribute artillery.

Sarai done the market, so hire two merchants. We go for a long ugly factory.

Karakorum done a transport, and did not get its fishing boats repaired. Queue work order... in one turn lol. 40 hammers will overflow.

Mahen is done the theatre, but everything is bloody expensive when you make 4 hammers per turn. Library in 17.

Granary in Mycenae is done, order up a forge.

1914AD (504):

Workboat is done, so net Karakorum's clams, and dial up a harbor.

Done a tank in Corinth with a sweet 11XP. Go to dial up a new tank, but it says "Requires Oil" and is greyed out. Huh?

Oh you #$!$#!#@$@!#$@# Sury!!!!

Ok, going to have to prepare some troops to raze more of Sury's cities. Dial up a marine in Corinth, as it is our best unit and eats machine guns.

1915AD (505):

A screen pops up saying "Stop the War against Willem". I wanted a "Stop the War against Hammurabi" more... I vote Yes, as Willem is in a bad state.

Ok, we are still gaining culture on that oil tile, so no idea why it flipped. Stupid Sury. Want to raze him out. Oh well, we build marines and finish Genghis (he has oil, so I'll keep that city).

Ning-hsai aqueduct is done, hiring a merchant spec to stagnant it. Gonna dial for a bank now. Man this town can actually build something now...

Our effing battleship build in Thebes is cancelled due to our loss of oil. Crap. Ok, go for a marine.

1916AD (506):

Wow... Sury's entire gang defied the resolution, and so did Willem O.o.

Hammurabi finishes Hollywood, so we buy the hits from him for some assorted stuff like clams and rice.

Marine done in Corinth, another marine...

Argos university done, install a jail.

Hindu Temple done at Knossos, dial for a factory.

Karakorum's harbor is done, go for a marine.

Sury's effing culture is even squeezing Bigman's Rest. Stupid new city, how is it doing that? I'm going to capture that PoS...

1917AD (507):

Athens finishes a coal plant and is polluting. Dial up an Aqueduct. Probably should've gone for that first...

1918AD (508):

Artillery done at Sparta. Order another.

Corinth Marine -> Marine

1919AD (509):

Sury demands Communism. Well... he "asks nicely" for it actually. I send him off.

1920AD (510):

Athens Aqueduct is done. Dial an artillery.

Corinth Marine -> Marine

Karakorum Marine -> Marine

1921AD (511):

Tiflis finishes a grocer. This place is pretty bad actually. Dial a factory.

Notice now that Kazan is size freaking 17 and still growing. Crap. Mass hire artist specs as they are the only thing available.

1922AD (512):

Bigman's Rest loses another tile...

Corinth Marine -> Artillery

Thebes Marine -> Customs House

Stack is ready, so DoW on Sury et al.

-------
This marks the breakpoint for this game. I basically stopped playing here as I wasn't looking forward a war with Alienboy, but it was an obvious necessity...

Well, since the name of the game was "We were always coming back, let's get back to this doomed game and see how bad S.ilver and Liq were :smoke:ing... Hopefully we now have the skill to beat this game...
-------

So yeah, rolling through the cities to see what kind of :smoke: S.ilver was pulling...

So hmm... Athens building arties for our war efforts (this whole game has basically been a war the even S.ilver would never have started). We also have 4 artists hired. wtf? Oh yeah, we were trying to get an artist to culture bomb the oil... Wow, I haven't seen a city this badly specialized in a while, lolz. We have a scientist sitting around here... probably waiting for another GP to pop, as we need another Golden Age.

We're missing many core buildings all around, indicating we were either playing like real :smoke: or that stupid war antics were causing trouble. Likely war antics...

I THINK we aborted this game because we lost oil, with almost no chance of actually taking it back. What we didn't realize is that with a scientist kicking around, we could found Ethanol when Plastics rolls around and get oil. Unfortunately, for some odd reason that will be chalked up as :smoke:, we are in state property. Wow... S.ilver and Liq really sucked back then...

So whacking enter while whacking myself in the forehead. Wow, what n00bs were Liq and S.ilver :p.

1923AD (513):

Some vote comes up for Global Civic - FR. Considering us and everyone who likes us is already in Free Religion, I say yes. Will ditch Theo for the other suckers.

So Phimai, the city that is pushing on our oil, is zeroed. We use Marines to kill a Cuir and 2 muskets, before sending airships to bomb the last remaining musket. Send in a Cav for mop up.

We keep the city, as Sury will just refound if we raze it.

Next, we bomb down Genghis' Capital and try to attack it with a tank. The tank dies to a Machine Gun, wtf... 70% bad roll...
Ok, well next is a marine with 99.8% chances. We win against a Longbow.
Bigman Clint is up to pwn that machine gun flawless.
Bigman Carl takes down a Longbow.
Bigman Joe gets the honours and takes the city.

Now for the deal that I've never seen before, but will save this game from ruin...

We "finish" the Apollo Program, lol. And now Satellites is due in 1 turn, lolz.

We then Vassal Willem.

Strictly because he is at war with Alienboy et al, and we don't want him surrendering to them as we do this...

Ok, we have our PA with our bestest bud Hammurabi, we have our oil back, and I guess we're going to try and build the damn space ship...

Oh, and with us getting oil back, a bunch of our cities are unhealthy, lol, so go to our best bud...

I'm liking PAs :p.

Sitting Bull was in WHEOOH mode a bit earlier, but now with peace, and gigantic alliances spanning continents, he's dropped out of it, lol. Wonder what he was going to do.

1924AD (514):

Willem wants to trade Corn for Silk. No idea why, as we already have corn! Honestly might as well though...

Well, Free Religion as a Global Civic falls though... on the account of Sury voting no, and Saladin defying it!

Satellites came in and we didn't get the screen, so Hammurabi must've discovered it. Ok, whatever, he's on Plastics right now, in 17 turns. If we get on it, it's plastics in 10 turns, lol.

Hammy dialed up the Docking Bay in Babylon already, 13 turns. lol, gogo Monarch AI bonuses. Corinth is our best production city and would take 27 turns to build the docking bay.

A bunch of military builds that now look silly finish, so dial up Customs Houses to take advantage of PA trade, lol.

1925AD (515):

Saladin adopting Merc, meh...

Going to hand it to Liq here after all this... to sort out what we're doing here. I believe we can ask Hammurabi to tech specific techs, so we should be good in that respect.

Attachments

• Boff01 AD-1925.CivBeyondSwordSave
    501.1 KB · Views: 118
Preturn:1922 AD
Ok so looking back on the game, not so much smoke as being screwed by the RNG and well having the amazing poofing SG member that unilaterally DOW's on the raving lunitic to the south.

Now that I recall we were so busy trying to fend off sury and his limitless horde of non rifling troops so we never had a chance to kit out basic infra. Actually amazed how robust our economy is considering the scrap of land we were left with. Since the land we were dealing with so hammer poor, the civic choices make sense now.

Guess the real smoke was how we gave up when the game was a few turns from won. :crazyeye:

So we about bent over backwards to nail that PA with Hammi. Favorite civic, shared wars, gifted tech, gifted resources completely unbalanced trades to butter him up etc etc ad nauseum.

Lets change civics as we no longer need Bureaucracy for the +dip nor State property in order to butress our pathetic hammers. Picking up Free Speech and Free market while we let hammi build us our space shipz!

How many turns of revolt? Zero? huh are we Spiritual? Oh wait, never thought this would work but hey..

Everyone's Favorite Drunk Uncle ends up sharing his wonders with us! Thanks Hammi!

We gain a few culture per turn, which we can really really use =) and quite a bit more commerce. Time to upgrade all our trash troops and infra on account... we can!!!

Our hammers are still pathetic and we are missing so many core buildings (airports + hospitals for two) so this is mostly wack end turn. Time to buy us some Stuffz!

[4]1927 AD
Get an event about flying around the world for +1 relations to people we don;t care about.. yay!

In the meantime most front line troops are upgraded so onto buildings!

[5]1927 AD
Man really torn between tanks and Core infra haha. Tanks in Corinth wins! No time to waste building the Iron works either =/

[6]1928 AD
A few customs houses finish and gold per turn jumps up 30 gold/turn haha.

Hammi has an amazing Treeless National Park hehe.

[7]1929 AD
Oh need to buy ourselves an air port on surys mainland! lets kill that 12 turn forge first!

[8]1930 AD
1800 gold to buy an airport from 0 hammers... ok next turn!

[9]1931 AD

Ok! 1065 gold for a new air port?... good to go.

[10]1932 AD
Pop some radiation somewhere... whatever. oh nice more hammers for the place trying to spam bombers.

[11]1933 AD
Plane disasters, volcanoes sploding ... all this year!... not happening to us though so sod it!

[12]1934 AD
notice hammi has a few wonder happys to share... I get them from him for giggles.

[13]1935 AD
Hmm so slow...

[14]1936 AD

Whee, not even worth building the 3GD as well all we want to do is spam tanks and bombers and the odd paratoop for sury.

onto composites for snazzy new tanks. Actually turn science on a bit to help it out haha.

[15]1937 AD
Sitting bull cancels our wine for wtf deal so then hammy comes and gives us wine since we are missing it... Thanks hammi!

[18]1940 AD
Avoiding the diplo win, UN votes +1 trade routes!

Also get a really nice late game event that doesn;t much matter but hey, it's still keen , not to mention we are just happy we have effing oil to improve!

[19]1941 AD Jan.
New Time increments!

Am woken up by the 3x war horns of sury + his idiots all declaring war.

On sitting bull?

Gift the Loser rifling since he might actually get attacked.:eek:

wtf indeed.

ok 4 tanks in pos town=/

Only place that can really build military is Corinth so spamming tanks it is! composites in 3 as hammy builds our spaceshipz for us. :goodjob:

Cheers!
-Liq

Attachments

• Boff01 AD-1941-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    512.5 KB · Views: 71
Preturn:1941 AD Jan
Silver is busy baby sitting ack so here goes!!! More endless "Ship tank to wtf town then Whack End Turn" or something.

OK! So this game is mop up as we lazily let hammi build our space ship for us. Heck, hammi even has more points than us

Goal here is a painfully slow slow hammer to pound sury. Thing is we only have one town with over 100 hammers per turn (pushing military) and the runner up is pushing 80... this is with power and factories going...

so it's a tank every 2 and a bomber every "don;t want to know" oh and other crap towns pushing paratroopers....

Just amazing how EFFed over we were from this map script, really criminal... lesson learned, no more custom conts for SG's!!

Composites in 3 for better tanks then lasers prolly to get mobile arty for uh, the winz???

[1]1941 AD Jul
Only thing that builds is a tank.... keep in mind that it's not like our towns have all their infra... it's jsut that the rest of our towns have like no hammers.

Sury of the no rilfing is researching flight... joy.

[2]1942 AD Jan
A town finishes... a forge.... erk. 17 turn courthouse rofl...

Pos volcano nukes two mature cottages near wtf. great.

Good news tho 2 bombers build!!! Bad news... need Computers for modern armor hehe. 50% science for 6 turns.

[3]1942 AD July
Catch a random spy, composites comes in but no splash on account we were running 0% science for the cash to buy thigns like forges and granarys...

Need computers for modern though so that's next!
meh, wonder how much tank to modern costs... to lazy to look it up.

This is by far the most sucktastic civ ever to mop a game up with. It's like it's settler difficulty.

[4]1943 AD Jan
ok so seems hammy has 300 gold per turn for trade... I ask for a mere 150 gold per turn on account we are ... buddies and stuffs... he loves us!

[5]1943 AD July
Fighter builds so send it on over.

[6]1944 AD Jan
Hmm so Hannibal drops vassal and sitting bull offers vassal hehe.. whatever, I decline SB on account don;t feel like starting a war yet. SB got a GG this turn so seems that rifling I gave him helped hehe.

Un open markets thing passes. p0 khan.

[7]1944 AD Jul
But Athens hospital on account sick of looking at it being sick. or something..

[8]1945 AD Jan
A few fighters roll off the lines so move them up.

[9]1945 AD Jul
A few paratroopers roll off the line whee. I actually just run them up to one of khan's old towns and paratroop them over the channel to mycenae.

[10]1946 AD Jan
Ok!

Robotics in uh 9ish but I lower science to 0% for the upgrades. All those tanks are 11 exp so I mass upgrade them to CR 3 and will lump sum upgrade them all to modern armor next turn

[11]1946 AD Jul
Hanni completes the 3GD of course.

ok so just under 2350 gold To update all 8 tanks into modern armor + 1 fresh new modern was just shipped over from corinth... so 9 modern armor. In support have 4 para troopers(more about to build) to help out and bombers and fighters nearby all set to slam some punks. where all those troops are no idea!

Mechs in 8ish so save cash now!!!!

Yawn.

Cheers!
-Thread Necro Liq

Attachments

• Boff01 AD-1946-July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    515.5 KB · Views: 80
Jul, 1946AD (543):

Ok, so Sury's main fleet is hanging out in Banteay Kdei, I'm assuming in preparation for setting sail on Sitting Bull. The obvious thing to do is WAIT until this fleet leaves BEFORE we attack Sury. That way we'll have a lot less junk troops to plow through.

Willem is pretty much keeping up in tech, so we need to keep an eye on him possibly getting ahead in the space race. If he builds Al Gore, we need to go and kill him, sigh...

So need to finish the space ship techs and cobble together an attack on Sury somehow... Our cities are teh suck, so no idea how we are going to manage this.

So basically all towns spamming troops. I don't see a way around this, so going to keep that up.

So nothing much to be done except hire more engineers in our better cities. Need power all around really.

I wake up some workers and ship them to Surf and Turf too...

Jan, 1947AD (544):

Nothing except dialing up builds and such. We basically own the southern bay, so we don't need ships there, but the northern bay still has Sury towns flanking it.

Sury Fleet has not yet left port with most of his troops to attack SB.

Jul, 1947AD (545):

Uh, can we sneak out of this?

Jan, 1948AD (546):

Nope, not with Sury still around.

Well, continuing to spam units as fast as we can, including MAs, Paras, and bombers.

Jul, 1949AD (547):

We nab a spy hanging around Surf and Turf.

Nothing much exciting, but our Pal Hammy gets nailed by a Hurricane, while inventing the game Civ :p

Jan, 1950AD (548):

Hammy pushes out an SS Casing for us this turn.

Blow all our cash upgrading all our Crossbows to infantry on account of we have no production to swap out.

We are up to 0.8 strength vs Sury this turn, so things look up. Or he's dumb and burning mass troops on SB.

Jul, 1949AD (549):

Have basically all towns arming up for a confrontation.

Jan, 1950AD (550):

We catch a Sury Spy in Sparta, nice.

Need an airport in Bigman's Rest to base bombers, as other towns are out of range, sigh...

Jul, 1950AD (551):

Well, we're trying to change this "problem".

Discover Robotics this turn, yay Mechs! No screen due to Hammy teching it?

Well, tell our Buddy to start teching Advanced Flight in 5 turns, lolz.

Almost 7K gold to upgrade all infantry to mechs, so going to set science to zero for a while. lol, Advanced Flight is still only 8 turns. We suck, Hammy does all the heavy lifting :p.

Still at 0.8 Sury strength, but the number turned white instead of Red.

Jan, 1951AD (552):

Sury wastes time and EP blowing up a lighthouse in a city we captured from him.

Damn, how come there is no option to cause more mayhem? :p

Arg! SB capitulated to Sury!

Ok, well we'll have to get moving immediately.

Jul, 1951AD (553):

Well, vote comes up and I vote to ban nukes.

We win a GE in Old Sarai!

Karakorum finished whatever the heck it was working on, so dial up Iron Works and rush it with him!

Jan, 1952AD (554):

Everyone votes to ban nukes, no surprise.

Ok, with IW done in Kark. it is unhealthy, so getting a Monorail.

Moving to 0.9 strength with Sury.

Jul, 1952AD (555):

Hammy finishes another Casing.

Sury has a ton of fighters, but we've got stacks of MAs, so going to get rolling next turn when we can kill Genghis immediately.

Jan, 1953AD (556):

Global warming nukes our horses near Sparta. WTF?

Dropping the hammer on Alienboy and Co.

First stop is our longtime nemesis.

Finally after like 6000 years that bugger is dead!

Next we roll out our stacks of armour towards Pre-Rup. We manage to paradrop some cover safely behind our fighter screen.

Our planes get beat down and we can't damage the enemy, sigh... Need more fighters... Good thing Advanced Flight and Jets are in 4 turns.

Jul, 1953AD (557):

In the inturn, Alienboy completely ignores our mega stack and instead attacks us with airships! Which get pwned by our fighters of course, lol. He also sends a pair of moronic cav into our territory near Myceane, and they get killed.

Our airforce proves to be completely useless as they get shot down our otherwise damaged. Pre-Rup is still at full health, sigh... Ok, well when you have CR3 MAs, it doesn't matter much does it?

The top defender is a Machine Gun eh?

We blow up the city and kill all the stupid planes in there.

Oh and we get the Partisan event.

Which spawns a lot of SAM units, lol.

Have enough money to upgrade the rest of the infantry up to Mechs.

Jan, 1954AD (558):

THE FIGHT! Sury tosses his entire army at Phimai and the stack which razed PreRup. Well, he kills ONE mech infantry, and the rest of his troops die or run away.

I think this best summarizes it.

Anyways, well punk off some units sitting in that fort outside Phimai (when they are at like 1HP, the fort doesn't matter :p). We win Horatio Nelson in Sparta.

He's going over to teach in Karakorum for 11XP units out the gate.

Jul, 1954AD (559):

Nothing much happening except our stack returning home to heal for a few turns before we roll to the next target (stupid lack of a proper airforce, lol).

So anyways, Sury shipped some Guided Missiles to that fort outside of Phimai, sigh... To put things bluntly, I am forced to clear out all of his garbage to prevent him from hitting us, lol. Nothing at all has less than 99.9% odds attacking this fort, so send in some old Cavs. Well, considering Cavs are Sury's best unit, not really old at all.

So clear out the fort and stick a G2 Para on it. Hopefully he doesn't get rushed in the inturn, because I'm not backing him up, lol.

Down south near Khan's last city, we spot a group of Guided Missiles forming up in a fort there too, so the Bigmen clean them out.

BTW, Phimai finally gets a real garrison airlifted in to replace all those Paras, lol.

Sury is down to 1.2 power rating vs us now. Yay!

Jan, 1955AD (560):

Willem finishes an SS Casing, boo.

The Para didn't get attacked last turn, so retreating back into Phimai.

No action this turn except punking a Frigate that belongs to Saladin.

Taking a look over on the other continent, Hammy has Mechs running at SB lol. He got a Great General this turn as well.

Sury down to 1.3 power rating.

Jul, 1955AD (561):

UN secretary vote that we will probably lose comes up. Oh well, we obviously vote for ourselves!

The healing stack is mostly ready to go, and I peel off a few fully healed MAs to head north and smack down Sury at Vima. As an aside, Vima has no fighters, so our bombers have free reign here!

Finally get around to airdropping in relief for the Bigmen so they can go cause some havoc!

Advanced Flight is due next turn, so not upgrading anything to save cash for massed Jets.

Jan, 1956AD (562):

Telling Hammy to dial up Laser for Mobile Arties, lol.

Our Armour reaches Vima...

We keep the town on account of not wanting more Partisans, and having cultural breathing room.

We won a minority Great Engineer from Athens, who I don't really care about at the moment, so put him to sleep.

Sury pillaged our only Crabs, so need to get a work order out for those before cities mass starve.

Sury is teching Industrialism, so he wants tanks!

Jul, 1956AD (563):

Try and clean out his destroyers, but a newly built MC dies, omg.

We had no air cover last turn due to me buying out all the fighter->jet upgrades, but they're back now!

Jan, 1957AD (564):

Our units drive up to the gates of Mycenian this turn. We are having zero success with the bombers, sigh...

Jul, 1957AD (565):

We now have more points than our ally Hammy.

We have nothing to hit the city walls in Mycenian with, so just going to roll in!

An Anti-Tank is the first unit and our MA gets beat down to 4.0 strength killing it.
Smooth sailing now, next unit is a freaking Machine Gun, and we have 95% odds.

We capture the town with no major problems.

Jan, 1958AD (566):

Sury kills our battleship that was Bombarding his town at the extreme north of the continent, boo. I'll return the favour.

Ok, so some random town in the middle of the plains in the north gets taken out by the mech that will defend it.

OMG, Sally is here!

wtf indeed!

So MAs looking for work and XP smash the stack on account of it being completely trivial.

Jul, 1958AD (567):

Sury's Destroyer group arrives. 6 dessies and a fully loaded Carrier, sigh...

Starting to move units in the south, as we've upgraded most of them there.

Jan, 1959AD (568):

Hammy finally takes Moundville from SB! Took long enough!

Cannot do much to the Sury dessies. We sunk one last turn with a Missile Cruiser, but we took a beating. We've got some destroyers on their way, but honestly they have only even odds, and we need a better reassurance than that.

Also, we've got another 8 or so dessies en route, and another carrier.

Jul, 1959AD (569):

Why not?

The bad guys drop a blockade on Sparta, causing massed starvation, sigh...

Ok, well Sparta just put out a Missile Cruiser, so beat down the bad guys. We lose a dessie but kill all ships except a badly hurt destroyer.

Both the north and south stacks are on the move. South heading on Raja, and the North on Angkor Wat.

Jan, 1960AD (570):

Single Currency passes.

Raja's defenses are cleared, and the Bigmen go in, to be followed by whatever scraps I can find, lol.

Blow it up, spawning enemy troops, oh well. More XP! The point is no one left behind on the drive to Hari. Besides, who wants a Tundra city anyways? The infantry get cleaned up by Gunships. Oh wait, Bob died, oh well.

Sury's north city is training Anti-Tanks, too bad they won't be done in time!

We keep the city as it is a port.

Jul, 1960AD (571):

Our Heroic Missile Cruiser gets attacked by 2 dessies and survives!

Another northern Sury city gets pounded and we keep it.

Jan, 1961AD (572):

Willem shows up and wants Comps for free. Uh, no?

Hammy finishes another SS casing for us, nice.

Our newly built MC out of Sparta dies to a Combat 5 Dessie, omg. We manage to clean out all the bad guys though.

South stack arrives ar Hari to begin attacking next turn.

North stack is outside of Angkor Wat... Well, they're not outside for long...

Closing in on Sury's wretched capital.

Jul, 1961AD (573):

Laser comes in, no pic as we didn't discover it, lol

Dial up Hammy and tell him to Research Fiber Optics. We then use our Great Scientist to bulb part of Fiber Optics.

Siege bombards Hari, but going to wait till next turn so we have units to Suicide.

Jan, 1962AD (574):

In the inturn, Sury throws some siege at the stack coming on Hari and they all die. There's negligible damage to our stack. Gogo supermedic!

I throw an artillery at the city, but it does lousy, so I decide not to waste any more. We plow into the city with the Mechs, but there are a TON of cav there and we are nowhere near done hacking through the Khmer bodies defending this city, lol.

We win another GG.

(cont...)

Jul, 1962AD (575):

We win Fission.

Because Hammy built the Internet! Yay!

We also win another GE.

Kara is currently building Red Cross, so just rush that to completion.

Sury's fleet gets beat down this turn. Of course SB has to arrive with boats, and starts pillaging our fishing nets as well, sigh...

Ok, time for round two of the beatdown at Hari.

Jan, 1963AD (576):

I notice about now that SB broke free from Sury. When did that happen? Meh, who cares? I'll send over some armour since Hammurabi seems to be having some trouble over there.

Saladin shows up on the doorstep of Vima with his Gren army again, sigh... Well, ok scaring up random troops from all over to kill the stack.

The armour rolls on Khazak.

Yasod's defense is bombed by Jet Fighters. The Legions of evil armour roll in. Sury is fielding Paras now, but it doesn't really matter as he cannot stop our Modern Armours and Mechs.

Jul, 1963AD (577):

The diplo victory vote comes up again.

Enemy lines are in full retreat as Sury falls to less power than SB this turn.

Jan, 1964AD (578):

Hmmm... you know what... None of that matters anymore.

Hilariously, none of our pathetic cities made the top 5.

Somehow the game still thinks we deserve an Augustus rating. Note the very un-HoF score :p.

Attachments

• Boff01 AD-1964-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    553 KB · Views: 106
Lurker comment:

Even though Boff-06 is running, I'm glad to see this got finished up. I'm impressed at how well you did after getting a pretty poor start with a crazy warmonger next door. Very good game, fun read, and shows that anything is winnable. Three cheers!

Top Bottom