Boff-01 We were always coming back

Liquidated

Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!
ok so with so many vets in the sg forum playing variants of mind boggling ramifications, how about another noob sg? Boff is open to anyone but new players (or just the ones like liq who haven;t participated in a well played :trouble: game of civ since vanilla) are encouraged.

So idea here is people not ashamed to maybe play a few :smoke: moves so long as we all try (and learn). People that know the game but want a game to relax and enjoy are fine too.

Standard official patch of bts bugs seems ok now.
Prince or Monarch Difficulty @ Epic speed
Non Gimped Leader* (no sitting bull here!)
Custom Continents (love the interesting shores) 2x continents
Permanent Alliances on (force us to play dip)
Whatever Victory (space ship is cheap so lets try and avoid it)

*I'm gonna limit Leader Traits to the three I feel are among the best:
Philosophical - Great People
Financial - Cottage Cheese (tm)
Creative - it's more than +2 culture a turn

So lets pick one of...
Willem van Oranje - Creative Financial
Pericles - Creative Philosophical
Elizabeth - Philosophical Financial

To be honest, I miss Cathy:D.

S.ilver goaded me into this so he's in

1. Liq
2. S.ilver
3. Aol
4. Slaze
5. ?

(gnome is busy!)

So one open slot depending on how many people I can sucker into this.

Let me copy paste the standard sg rule set - bah took too long to find one... people are so jaded.

30 turns first round then 15 then 10 if it gets to the ever fun late game, as silver and Liq found out in effed -01.
24 hours get it 48 post it please let us know if you need to pass.

Cheers!
-Liq

And so the hilarity begins...

Ok, so those leaders are pretty much ownage no matter what we do. I'm up for any of them, but I've never played Pericles myself. Actually... I've never even played AGAINST Pericles. It's always "Hi Alex!". Ah, whatever, any of them are good.

All victories enabled sounds good too, but let's try not to lose by space like what happened in eff ess-2. Not that I'm worried about that because we've rolled Civs over in the modern era before.

told you to avoid eff ever again hehe. Ok I vote pericles too as well never played him or against him... why the hell do I always land next to monty and alex?

I sent gnomez a link to rb-1 (what else eff 01 is missing pictures) and he proptly wen afk... a good or bad sign:lol:

wow how the heck do I have 900 odd posts?

Cheers!
-Liq

Someone has not read RB-1 yet? That's the king of all SG threads. Although he might be away for a few days reading it :lol:.

Yeah, some of my FS-1 pictures are gone too, because Photobucket ran outta space and I was too lazy to make a new account :mischief:. Seems they lifted the capacity though, so no more disappearing pics! At least the last screenies are still there :p.

Man, that thread brings back memories of Civ4 memory leaks and crashing!

god I remember trying to get though the IBT so I could effing save the game before the stacks of tanks and artillery crashed me... again.

Dare say eff 01 was a great read for a non rb thread... a shame about the pics.

Cheers!
-Liq

Looking back... I still have no idea how we won that game. 1750ish to 1999 on Normal speed was when we smashed Asoka, Izzy, Washington, Monty, and Capac. How the heck did we do that on normal speed??? And a big freaking map to boot.

EDIT: Ok, I'll stop spamming and go post this in the registration thread.

yeah plenty of room slaze. Feel free to vote in on leader and how experienced you are about civ so can figure out the difficulty.

As I said this is a stress free sg hehe.

Cheers!
-Liq

zomg, someone bit? :lol:

j/king. This will be a fun SG. I vote Prince if we want an easy time, but I can handle monarch with some thinking. Liq can pick up my :smoke: in that scenario :crazyeye:

Well, I rarely finish a game, maybe one in the last hundred starts (ouch), but i could probably beat emperor most of the time. I might be able to beat an immortal game, but every one i start (which has only been a couple) i end up playing fast and sloppy and end up quitting. Lately I've been playing alot of mulitplayer, not the blazing timer gamespy kinds, but the one turn per session PBEM/Pitboss, which has sharpened my play. Part of my interest in this sort of setup is maintaining the discipline to actually finish a game.

I'd lean towards monarch, if i had to pick between the two. The relaxed atmosphere sounds good. We all make mistakes from time to time. As far as leaders, the above all are fine. I haven't played too much of the leaders. I once had a very experienced player save up 6 great people to run off three consecutive post-steam power Dutch golden ages on me and wow, was that a great move. The pericles SE looks fun, but i don't think I've ever played around with redcoats, maybe that's the one i'd vote for. But either way, I'm just along for the ride.

I'd be up for joining. I usually play on noble, but can probably do prince if I'm paying attention. I'd be happy with any leader, but Peri would be new for me.

Cheers,
Aol

hehe actually slaze, silver and I suffer from sloppy solo play as we haphazardly whack the end turn buttonas well.. SG's make you focus in that regard... positive peer pressure sure but also limited turn sets.

oh just posted as I hit reply aol sure welcome.

looking like pericles then

Need one more suc- ermm.... volunteer!

Cheers!
-Liq

Heheh. Volunteer.

Good to have you aboard aol! I'd ask how Team 2 is doing in NCSG2, but we're not allowed to know until Liberalism.

Also... From FS-1.

Liquidated said:
Btw I really enjoy the SG's in that one really takes their time with their turns lest they look like complete idiots hehe and well different people have different foci.

Truer words have never been spoken.

ok so looking like 4 peeps for this hehe.. if someone wants to join in later that's fine.

Greeks it is uh monarch difficulty I'm guessing since aol has good backing between slaze and silver. let me get some food and nap before I roll. I have to remember how to take screen shots and all wonder where fraps is... holy hell it's hiding on my inactive bar whoda thunk.

Cheers!
-Liq'd

ok 4000 BC as liq stares blankly at photo shop for a resize option and realize pngs don;t seem to have it. sigh ok well jpgs in the future I guess.

Monarch it is, custom conts with 2 landmasses. Epic speed, permanent alliances and everything else Default.

ok it's all coming back.. need photo bucket hehe.

great people and cultural borders of stone. Fishing and hunting so start with a scout. Fearful axeman so an early rush maybe if we can get some metal.

Looking for a coastal start tho I'll take whatever.

wow holy coastal clams!:eek: That many sea generally means we are trapped next to other civs or on a bum fragment... the former being more liking with this script.

Start location has open sea lane, fresh water from that river stump and is on a plains hill for the perma hammah and a ton of forest. Pigs for health in the starting fat cross and interesting coastline meaning only one ocean tile.

Since we have to stay on the coast gonna move the scout east to the hut...
for a lovely map of the ocean...

Well looks like room enough for a coastal town to the east if we settle in place. Hope there's a fishie out there.

So my plan would be start a scout in this case since the plains hill will get it out fast and we want to locate the other civs. For tech we need metal sooner than later and we do not need a worker right away with all those clams running about so mining -> bw would be my choice.

The coast to the north is prolly a fragment btw judging what the scout revealed.

Thoughts?

Cheers!
-Liq

no 3 :hammers: tile, huh? guess you gotta work a 2 hammer tile. Bronze working would come in a little before the second boat, but we might wanna just build three boats. 6 extra :commerce: is a significant boost. Don't see us using the piggies anytime soon but if bronze shows up to cover our military situation we may want to consider an early, early run to Hereditary rule? I don't see too much else for worker techs save wheel/sailing/piggies, but with a little more map we'll see.

yeah chain work boats seems order of the day so the pigs get to chill for a bit. Have to hit work so I'll play later on today; had to get all the dust out of the screen shot machine so that first post took far too long. there's a slight chance there's a path to the north.. will find out soon enough.

Cheers!
-Liq

Ah... seafood starts. Well... we can crack the whip a bit I guess. I always get antsy about overbuilding the seafood, because boats aren't good for much else, but we start with fishing, so we might as well.

Also in favor of getting all those clams hooked up asap. We should grow to a decent size by then, and be able to start whipping.

hmm more I look at it looks like the land may indeed run north a bit.. custom conts has some of the most interesting coastlines :D

In general, a run to monarchy would be nice but well kinda need metal running around first as slaze said.

I'll do the turn set in about 8ish.

Cheers!
-Liq

Top Bottom