1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bombers could be a lot better if they had access to splash damage promotion.

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by SuperNoobCamper, Apr 11, 2020.

?

Do you think bombers should have access to splash damage promotions ?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

This is something that i had in mind for the last couple of games after running into a scenario that became so familiar every time i try to conquer another continent especially after the changes to naval bombardment restricting it to coastal tiles only -which i totally agree with-.
    The strategy i usually follow for dealing with overseas continent is clear a couple of coastal tiles with naval ranged units, get Tanky melee units on those tiles holding ground then try to create more space to get more units on land with Air units on carriers.
    Much easier said than done when it's not a just a couple cities on an isolated island in the middle of nowhere but an actual continent filled with carpets of units with no way of dealing with these without nukes .... i think this is where splash damage could be of help .... it fits both thematically and serves a purpose making bombers not just artillery with 6 range but can disperse land units as well.
    I don't think they should start with it or anything, just access the splash damage I and II maybe after Siege I or Siege II like siege units, what do you think ?

2. Crag Hack

Crag Hack Warlord

Bombers are already the bestest unit in the game. I don't mind if there is such promotion. Why not, let it be. Ultimately it depends on the player's choice which promotion to take so freedom to choose is good.

Personally I don't like splash damages much because is very situational. I prefer to promote to what works always.

3. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

Maybe if instead of splash damage, their damage would just be distributed amongst all units in the area (with a higher damage potential overall).

Anyways, I'd rather see Bombers and Fighters be more like "normal" units functioning as they do in other games like Civ II, Strategic Conquest, or Empire Deluxe. Invulnerable units are silly.

4. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Hey, they're already vulnerable! You can attack based bombers with your fighters now. Sadly, I have not had a chance to try it out yet myself.

5. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I don't think splash is "needed" for the unit....they are pretty good already.

That said, flavor wise it makes total sense, and it would give the bomber some more promotion flexibility, so I wouldn't object.

cammcken likes this.
  6. tommytoxen

tommytoxen Warlord

nice idea.

7. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

Orly? I'm curious to try this out then...

8. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Oh yes, since like 2-3 versions ago - your rant about invulnerable air units was effective :)

9. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

Diese amerikanischen Bomberverbänder nerven,
    weil sie nicht nur Bomben, sondern Bombenteppiche werfen.

10. Gidoza

Gidoza Emperor

Well thanks lol. (I pop in and pop out randomly for weeks at a time, so I miss plenty, and then I come back like a rampaging rhino because I care. :p)

vyyt likes this.
  11. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Wenn Flugzeuge Bomben auf Deutschland werfen, können sie mich Meyer nennen.

12. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Apparently that's the right way to do it :)

Gidoza likes this.