1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Booga games diar..rhea

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by boogaboo, Sep 25, 2008.

1. boogaboo

boogaboo Josef Popper 4ever

State property adds food to watermills and workshops, so you need a food corporation in place to switch.
    State property also gives 10% more hammers to all cities, but production-wise it is still a shadow of Mining Co, hence the thought of switch later on..

2. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Chieftain

One thing my strategies generally followed is that spaceship parts can be chopped out. Lumber hammers pile up in a city while building wealth/research. It is relatively easy to finish the Apollo program one turn and build the ship the following turn. All that remains is to push the launch button on the subsequent turn. That's a 3-turn schedule. 16 parts each done in a single turn, simultaneously.

3. boogaboo

There is usually no need to rush them all in one turn, as you still have research to do.
    It also depends on the situation - On duel this doesn't look like a good strategy.. I do it only on the ecology space part. (and 4-5 forests for genetics).

4. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Chieftain

Duel would be impractical. But using 16 cities to synchronize parts works well with researching. Even slow building space parts cities can be put to research with 1 turn left on a part. Research and production sych at the end to 1 turn chop the last part. Really there is no need to worry much. Things just work out.

5. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Chieftain

So you must be thinking of using the National Park with state property/corporations then?

6. boogaboo

I always use national park and national epic, no matter which game.
    I call that city "national" ;)

7. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Chieftain

So you must be bee-lining and that allows for a very early state property too. And both corps are some distance away still.

8. boogaboo

yep. I bee-line state property. and then I think it's great, and then at the end it's not so great..

9. boogaboo

Finally found a game on (Terra, Rocky, Flat), and failed to get an engineer :(
    I'm not sure I'll continue to use Rocky (looking for more mining resources for Mining Co), but I verified Flat flattens all my my distance costs :)

One question bugs me and it should be on the MapFinder thread, but I hate to rattle that thread :
    When looking for a start, must I go to main menu to load a new save, or can I just load it from within a game?

10. Anysense

Anysense Chieftain

Loading a game from another one is not advisable because it occasionally causes CTD. Although on a Duel size map this is extremely unlikely, I'd rather make it a habit to go to main menu first.

11. boogaboo

Never experienced CTD with Civ4 :)
    As long as it is ok for the HoF, it's a few clicks less.. ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019