[BTS] BOTM 227 Results and Congratulations

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
It seems last month was a good time for eptathlons! In BOTM 226 we had @Zhary. And in this game it's congratulations to @Pangaea! @Pangaea's winning victory was the fastest conquest with an impressive date of 1110AD - way ahead of anyone else - and which also secured the gold medal for highest final score. Almost every victor in this game went for either conquest or diplo, which means there aren't many awards to give out, with @WastingTime secured fastest diplo in 1460AD. @Zhary, and @MarleysGh0st were the only exceptions to the conquest/diplo frenzy: They both went for religious, but @Zhary won that fight by a huge margin - 860AD against 1695AD.

Considering this was an immortal level again, I'm quite impressed that so many people did actually win!

A special welcome to @pob for playing their first ever BOTM - and securing a respectable 1490AD conquest win in the process.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Pangaea: 1110 AD Conquest Victory, 358,746 points.

nocho: 1460 AD Conquest Victory, 267,209 points.

Conquistador 63: 1550 AD Diplomatic Victory, 266,089 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1755 AD Diplomatic Victory, 199,675 points.

WastinTime: 1460 AD Diplomatic Victory, 188,786 points.

zhary: 860 AD Religious Victory, 115,516 points.

Other Award Winners:

NickTrofimuk: 1570 AD Conquest Victory, 192,732 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1695 AD Religious Victory, 99,332 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled. And what can I say... Some very brave attempts to explore by people who evidently weren't satisfied with all the seafood provided! ;) I'm not convinced that many of you did find anything much better, but @WastinTime and @Pob certainly take the moved-furthest-away awards! Given that @WastinTime did go on to win fastest diplo, I guess those 4 turns moving didn't do too much harm!

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

I was 100% going to settle cow/rice too, but I mis-clicked and sent my settler 2 tiles north. Then, before I could turn back, I spotted the gold, so I went for that.

@Zhary, and @MarleysGh0st were the only exceptions to the conquest/diplo frenzy: They both went for religious, but @Zhary won that fight by a huge margin - 860AD against 1695AD.

Aside from that small, barely detectable margin of victory :mischief:, there was also the fact that I was playing Adventurer class, so I was ineligible for the Fastest award.

And, to be honest, my religious and diplomatic victories are generally a case of conquest/domination by other means. In this case, DeGaulle was the only independent AI to vote for me; the rest of the votes were my own and my vassals. If the DeGaulle hadn't voted for me, I'd have just continued my military campaign. I still haven't figured out how to get AI to elect me without using force of arms.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to kcd_swede, who played later into the game than anyone, but still submitted an incomplete game. I'm guessing he just ran out of time IRL?

Thanks for another game, DynamicSpirit!

Aside from that small, barely detectable margin of victory :mischief:, there was also the fact that I was playing Adventurer class, so I was ineligible for the Fastest award.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to kcd_swede, who played later into the game than anyone, but still submitted an incomplete game. I'm guessing he just ran out of time IRL?

Good points! I love how, no matter how closely I look at the results to see what notable things there are that I should comment on, someone invariably manages to find and point out something significant that I didn't notice :lol: Shows what a dedicated and overall nice community we have!

Ooh, nice! :) It was fun to get good mileage out of the unique horsies. Thought this was a very fun map. Thanks for it, and well done to all who played it.

From what I recall, we got kinda blocked in, so fairly expected that many went for Conquest. Once you start down that path, it's tempting to just keep rolling. But those who moved east could perhaps block off land with city 2, and then settle further east directly, securing quite a bit of land peacefully.

Top Bottom