[BTS] BOTM 272: Darius, Noble; First spoiler to 1AD

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff
BOTM 272: Darius, Noble - First Spoiler - 1AD

The usual... go on and brag.
Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, up to 1AD

Reading Requirements
If you are participating in BOTM 272, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER
  • You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not disclose ANY events or information gained post 1 AD.
  • Do not reveal your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD (Iron is OK, coal and oil are not)
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games

Initially, I went NW with the settler, but when the scout saw Sumerian borders, I backtracked and settled on the goat hill between the Summerian and German capitals. Researched archery first with the intention of capturing the Sumerian capital (German capital was on a hill). The Sumerians built an archer just as I was about to attack with my first archer and two warriors. Luckily, I managed to draw out the archer by sacrificing a warrior. I recaptured the now wounded archer with my archer that got a promotion and next turn, I captured the Sumerian capital. The promoted archer actually died against the warrior defender, but the 2nd warrior finished the job. After this, the game entered a long peaceful stretch. Turned out that both copper and horses were far away and that delayed the attack on Bismarck until the late BC's. Captured 3 German cities and left one that was under strong cultural pressure from both Incas and Turks. @1AD I have 12 cities/74 pop and research is up to CS and Music (But no Machinery). I have started an attack on Hannibal so I guess the plan is to capture more cities for conquest or domination.

Not much to brag about.
Ended up settling 4N of the Sumerian capital, next to wet rice and a lot of jungle.
Got 255 gold from 5 huts, which helped with initial research.
By 1AD we have 67 pop and 9 cities (3 taken from Inca, including Mids and SH in their capital, mostly using our UU).
We built GLH on the gems/horses site to the NW.
We are getting CS this turn, also have Currency, Construction, Calendar and Monarchy.
Next turn we are declaring on Sumeria, need to get rid of his pesky borders.
The plan is to conquer another 2 or 3 AI and go for space.

I settled here. I didn´t know it´s possible to attack AI with archers and warriors. So the plan is to now chop as many swords and sword rush

1715178414201.png

1715178387927.png

Top Bottom