1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brainstorm possible Civs'!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Menzies, Aug 18, 2007.

1. nemt

nemt Chieftain

Italy should have been included, considering they conquered one of the included civilizations and held considerably more territory than many others in the game. The only problem I see with including Italy is the fact that most Italian cities were not built by the Kingdom of Italy, but rather Etruscans, Romans, Lombards, Franks, Africans, etc.

Anyway:

Capital - Turin (can't have two Romes, was original Piedmont-Sardinia capital)

Leaders - Il Duce: Protective, Charismatic; Conte di Cavour: Expansive, Financial

Unique Unit (possibilities) - Commando Frogmen: replaces Marines (or Spy? or maybe Submarine..if it's full of frogmen), can conduct sabotage missions, invisible, possibly; Bersaglieri: replaces Riflemen (or Infantry), bonuses vs. gunpowder and mounted units, increased strength; Arditi: replaces Infantry, ignores enemy terrain bonuses, bonus vs. gunpowder.

I guess some of those would be overpowered, but they were historically overpowered - just not widely used.

Unique Building: I can't think of anything that's particulaly historically relevant after the unification if Italy. Perhaps an enhanced Customs House...or maybe a special lighthouse to signify proto-Italian naval strength