Brilliant AI city placement

Wulf38

Warlord
Really, Catherine? Is this really the best place for your second city? I know you want the horses and the gold, but how do you expect to manage having a city in such an awkward place? :lol:

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 930
Yeah, I have seen the Iroquois do this also (not quite as far though, but close). The AI is obviously slightly flawed at this time (unless I'm missing something)!

Don't know if it has anything to do with it or not, but I was also using Nappy at the time . . .

Hey, on a tiny map those could be right next to each other!

The world is round dontchaknow? :mischief:

I think it's because the AI is for some reason programmed to make lots of small cities for some leaders.

Likely the (faulty) logic was that she wanted the gold.

What I'm curious about is did you take the option of telling her not to put cities near you in the discuss option? Every time I try to do this the Civ in question tells me to piss off so I'm a bit curious why that option is even there.

Either way whatever boneheaded programmer made the AI needs to recode it so that it understands putting a city right next to your capital is an extreme hostile action just one step short of openly declaring war.

What I'm curious about is did you take the option of telling her not to put cities near you in the discuss option? Every time I try to do this the Civ in question tells me to piss off so I'm a bit curious why that option is even there.

I actually wonder, anyone know if the AI's ever make these requests of each other? I know the code-delvers and so on are already so busy with things but that would be the type of thing I'd like to know (Because currently this, and Secrecy and Coop Pacts and much more seem so broken or bugged. But who knows what the AI are doing with respect to each other. Or it could just be like civ4 where the AI would only make some demands of a human and not other AI, but that would be disappointing if that was the intent)

I've gotten the feeling they interact with each other the same way we can interact with them. Seen two civs declare war on the same target at the same time, seemingly indicating they had a secrecy pact. However, haven't declared war on a civ only to have a different civ declare war against me, implying a defensive pact.

The AI generally says it will respect my wishes on city settlement when I ask it, it then does honour its word. I ask before the only places left are next to my cities and respond positively wehn teh AI asks the same of me.

Probably some issue with the AI city placement algorithm having no regard for distance from capital. Also remember the AI can see resources that are not visible on the map yet, so that may be an absolutely amazing city spot.

And I have had AI respect my wishes when I tell them not to settle nearby me.
I asked him not to settle near me when I saw his settler moving very very close to my city, and he said "ok" and actually diverted his settler to a new location.

I've had the AI tell me to piss off, yet the Settler that was moving towards me still turned around and went the other way instead.

Personally, I'd like to know how so many people can play this game with that resource / tile yield view enabled :crazyeye: I get sore eyes just looking at all those green, yellow, and orange dots across the landscape! There's fairly nice graphics underneath, you know!

Top Bottom