Broken download links - Civ3

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Hi all,

The below Civ3 downloads previously pointed to an external download site 3ddownloads which is no longer valid. I have updated the link to an "Invalid Download Link" message page for now.

If any of you have the file, please feel free to upload the file and we could host the file locally on CivFanatics.

civ3-bad-download-links.PNG

I have The Cold War Deluxe, Rise and Rule v.1.02 (C3C), and Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod. I'll check my old install to see if I had any of the others at that time. Some of them have been re-uploaded to external sites with links near the end of their threads; this is less than ideal as they both become hard to find if there are more replies, and sometimes those links stop working too. Fixing the Downloads Database with locally hosted versions is an ideal solution.

One small note, The Cold War Deluxe is actually by El Justo, and its Downloads Database entry links to El Justo's thread. I believe what happened is that back in the vBulletin days, there were separate "Uploader" and "Author" fields, and in the migration to XenForo, the "Uploader" field survived. Most likely, Red Door added the Downloads Database for the mod once the Downloads Database came online. I don't know if there's a way to change that, and it's not really a big deal since the thread makes it clear enough, but perhaps that could be updated at the same time.

@Plotinus is still active here, and might have his Haile Selassie leaderhead. I feel like I've seen that one around too, though I can't quite place where.

On the topic of broken Civ III links, I was looking at the Civ3 Screenshot of the Day page recently, and realized almost if not all of the screenshots still exist on the Internet Archive, but aren't on CFC anymore. I archived the first 30 days' worth locally, and if there's interest I could collect the remainder and potentially fix all the links.

Already fixed the link for RAR 1.02 yesterday btw. Rudolf Wilhelm was able to upload it somewhere and I downloaded it and uploaded to CFC server.

For other files, please feel free to upload the file somewhere such as google drive and message me the link for download.

@Quintillus Thanks for letting me know about the Civ3 SOTD... I will check to see if I still have those images.

Today I corrected the downlink links for following files:
  • Rhye's of Civilization
  • Cold War Deluxe
  • July 1914 scenario
Thanks to Quintillus for his assistance.

I did a little bit more digging, and found that Blake00 uploaded a link to the Battle of Antarctica in this post. His re-upload is hosted on CivFanatics, so it looks like it just needs the Downloads Database link repaired.

Lord of Middle Earth is in a similar situation, and a working CFC-hosted link is available in this post.

For MiChello's WWII, I see version 2.2 as missing; 2.0, 2.11, and 2.22 on the modpacks page are working. I haven't found a copy of version 2.2 (which is a prerequisite for the 2.22 patch), and eventually found the version 2.1 download (in scenarios, instead of modpacks), which is also missing.

No luck on Godzilla Battles or The Rise of the Dinosaur Empire either.

I'll take a look at the leaderheads later in the week.

Top Bottom