1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Amra, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Ministry

Ministry Chieftain

The Advanced version of this mod doesnt seem to work on LAN multiplayer. Would love to fire this up too. :confused:

The Amra Basic version definately works in multiplayer! :goodjob:

2. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

When will the 3.17 version be uploaded?

3. DEADLY9996

DEADLY9996 Chieftain

lol give amra a chance :p

4. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Hello all,

I recently discovered this mod and I oove it. I also love BUG, and especially the latest verison 230. I see that Amra has the 2.22 version, so I would like to know what to do to merge 230 into Amra.

Is it hard to do? Are there plans to update BUG within Amra?

Thank you.

5. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

I'm wondering about the cultural victory conditions. I would have expected it to be very hard, but I founded my third city and had only one monument and BOOM! I had won. I noticed earlier that about half an hour into a game the AI was winning a cultural victory (those games were Monarch). The game I won, I turned it back to Chieftain and turned on cultural victory again to see how it works, but that was just too easy! I want a culture victory to be possible, but not early in the game. Is there some tweak that needs re-tweaking? I'm playing monumental speed, btw.

Any ideas?

6. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

Ummm... "Monumental" speed? I don't think that's added by this mod.

7. DEADLY9996

DEADLY9996 Chieftain

nope never heard of that one, almighty is correct i think

8. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

Oops, I probably got the name wrong! :)

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:agree:

I'm afraid I do have to report that since both the Advanced and Basic versions seem currently incompatible with patch 3.17, none of what I created (scenarios, map) will work either.

But since Amra is a busy man, let's give him some time!;)

10. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

No rush... just asking a question.

11. Daegan

Daegan Chieftain

Hey now, let's not fight online. :lol:

12. DEADLY9996

DEADLY9996 Chieftain

Hi, noticed something wierd:

A scout i captured had fort ability, (do they normally with amras mod?)
    Well mine did eitherway, and it had 2147483647 Turns to build a fort on a city ruins, Grassland.

lol whats that about?

Also when building a Galley for the first time:

"Protecting coastal cities is a crucial part your national defense"
    Should be an "of" in there.

I'll keep looking =)

13. moopoo

moopoo King

that fort (not only with forts though) thing happens to me in the vanilla all the time, when I go from tasking a worker to moving a unit. As in, I tell the worker to build a farm, the computer moves me over to the swordsman, it still has the info up about how long it'll take to build a farm. Is that what's happening for you?

14. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

I've had that happen when I'm a war. I'll hold right over the enemy to see my chance of killing them, and instead it'll show me info on something else.
    I think that's a BtS bug, though.

15. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any comments on what was happening with the cultural victory? It doesn't seem right to be able to win one the minute I plonk down my third city, even playing on the easiest level. Is this a problem with the mod, or with BtS (which I haven't played much without the mod, but don't remember losing to a cultural victory the minute my opponent put down their third city - which seems to be happening in this mod!). I would sure like to be able to play for the culture win! (I'm playing the Advanced mod, haven't upgraded that yet.)

16. Daegan

Daegan Chieftain

I'm not sure what's happening in your case, but I know it's not a function of this mod. I don't think any mod has that sort of design. Have you changed anything in the globaldefines.xml?

That victory speed is way out of control. :)

17. DEADLY9996

DEADLY9996 Chieftain

I've never seen anything like that until now, and i had selected my military units before that, my workers were inactive

Another spell check error:

"Your Viking catapult has gained opportunity fire on galley"

Should be both, "an" & "to" in there

Thats the notifications box in top, middle of the screen (with all the other info, wonders been built etc..)

18. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

Are you that bored that you are correcting the grammar and spelling in the mod now? Is your computer that slow that you have time to read each message for correct spelling? ;)

19. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

Two small questions,

1. Cities size 1 arn't razed anymore, so the AI takes over size one Barb. cities, can I reset it to normal behaviour so only cities size 2 and above can be settled after the battle has been won ?

2. Minimum distance between cities, can it be adjusted ?

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry, my mistake, Barbarian cities size 1 are razed automatically, Barbarian cities size 2 and above, if reduced to size 1 are not automatically razed.

After playing awhile with smartmap which is larger and leaves a lot of void that fills up with a lot of Barbarian cities I have noticed that the AI usually sieges the cities for a while and always takes the city after it is reduced to size 1, at first I thought that cities size 1 are not being razed because of the mode.

I would still like to know how to reset minimum distance between cities to 2.

20. Coca_carola

Coca_carola Chieftain

Fantastic mod, Amra! You really know which mod components to merge and still not making the mod to cluttered. Thanks to you I'm in a Civ addiction. Again. :cringe:

But since the rest of the world have a blood debt to Scandinavia because of the vanilla viking UU(for god's sake, dualwielding axes AND a horned helmet) I asking if you could give the nordic civs some love. Well at least Sweden, couldn't care less for Denmark. :mischief:
    Just kidding, But if you are interested, these are a couple of reskins I made for the Karolin uu, grenadier and the rifleman, a very loong time ago. They're pretty much historical. If you want to, I could send them to you.
    And maybe giving the rest of sweden's units norse skins, the ones the got now look wierd.

PS: thanks again for this awesome mod!