BTS Beta-1

I think Blue Marble v3.0 is what was messing up my BtS HOF mod loading. After deleting my entire My Games\BtS folder, I don't have the Blue Marble graphics anymore, but I'm able to load the HOF mod again.

Not sure if maybe the new Blue Marble does something with the .ini file or anything else, but there must be some kind of issue there.

I think Blue Marble v3.0 is what was messing up my BtS HOF mod loading. After deleting my entire My Games\BtS folder, I don't have the Blue Marble graphics anymore, but I'm able to load the HOF mod again.

Not sure if maybe the new Blue Marble does something with the .ini file or anything else, but there must be some kind of issue there.
I am suprised that Blue Marble works from My Games with a mod. I thought it installed in regular assets.

There is one know bug that can mess up the HOF ini file but I'm the only one to see it. I hardly think that Blue Marble would be adding variables with comments starting with ";" instead of "#" to the HOF ini file.

well, I've got no idea where it installed itself, all I know is that deleting the my game\BtS folder solved my problem, which appeared to have to do with the .ini file.

well, I've got no idea where it installed itself, all I know is that deleting the my game\BtS folder solved my problem, which appeared to have to do with the .ini file.
Yeah, I guess Civ4 ini file is just about the only thing in "my games" that might be used by the HOF.

I take it you didn't save a copy from before you deleted? We might have been able to run a compare and see what's different.

Do you use the HOF Field of View option? The contention could be in that code maybe. The only other things I know of are the game options and the two new quick combat options. The graphics option seem like the most likely.

I did turn on field of view, but when I uninstalled and reinstalled the HOF mod, I assume it reset the HOF.ini file.

And no, I dind't save a copy of the .ini file before deleting. I actually didn't expect deleting that folder to work lol

I think that uninstall blue marble is not so simple.
Aside that i got difficulties to "read" the terrain in default mode, i uninstalled BTS, cleaned the dir and reinstalled with 3.03.

With my surprise the blue marble was still there.
I suppose it goes somewhere in the main CIV dir and from there it works.
I'm not able to locate it, and in the win control panel it doesn't show as an installed app.

So, the only way to remove it is uninstall ALL the 3 civ games, clean the dir, then reinstall, repatch and install version 2 of BM.

Still, it remains my difficulty to play, so i think i'll wait until this problem will be solved by the great HOF staff.

Aside that i got difficulties to "read" the terrain in default mode, i uninstalled BTS, cleaned the dir and reinstalled with 3.03.

I'm not able to locate it, and in the win control panel it doesn't show as an installed app.

So, the only way to remove it is uninstall ALL the 3 civ games, clean the dir, then reinstall, repatch and install version 2 of BM.

Still, it remains my difficulty to play, so i think i'll wait until this problem will be solved by the great HOF staff.
:hmm: I thought Blue Marble came with it's own uninstall. I guess I am confusing it with CivScale.

Just to remember, the problem is NOT runing 3.03 with BM and 3.03.001 (it works fine).
The game crashes only if i flag "lock modified assets".

:D Finished my first BtS Space Race :dance: 1852 - but I did quite a few of detours to found a few corporations and build the AP etc.

Version: 3.02.001 or 3.03(3.02.001)

:hmm: is 3.03.001 also allowed now? Just checking for if I let Denniz convince me to actually go for the patch - I might actually also use the new HOF mod ;) Or else I'll just wait until this one is over...

BM can be unistalled simply by calling the installer again.

yeh, Blue Marble can be uninstalled by running its installer again.

I still have Blue Marble working in Vanilla and Warlords, but for some reason it isn't running in BtS, despite it being installed.

I'll try reinstalling it, and see if I start getting that error again. If I do, I'll send you my log file, Denniz :)

yeh, Blue Marble can be uninstalled by running its installer again.

I still have Blue Marble working in Vanilla and Warlords, but for some reason it isn't running in BtS, despite it being installed.

I'll try reinstalling it, and see if I start getting that error again. If I do, I'll send you my log file, Denniz :)

Better not try using BM with BtS. "civilized.de" says that Firaxis confirmed a problem when using alternate graphics (only multiplayer perhaps) and that you should wait until the next official patch.

Eww! I had to reinstall BtS and forgot to re-edit init file. Therefore HoF mod didn't autoload. Game excluded. Well it was a lousy one anyway.... Gosh it woulda blown on great game!

-Dracandross

Well, I tried this gauntlet and I failed for the best possible reason. I built the Apostolic Palace, dutifully spread my religion to other continents, maintained good relations, and actually managed to pull off an early diplomatic religious victory (1325 AD)! I could not resist trying when the option presented itself, since I never could get it to work in prior games. The trick, it seems, is that all religions had been founded on my continent, most by me. So there were no religions on the other two continents. I started sending out jewish missionaries via caravel, and all the other civs converted to Judaism. It was only then that the option for a diplomatic victory presented itself. I failed the first vote, but started giving free techs away to the other civs, and of course granted all of their requests. I was very far ahead of everybody on the research curve, at this easy difficulty, so I had plenty I could give away and still maintain a margin. I then barely pulled off a victory (by a margin of three votes, if I recall correctly). Very cool! :cool:

But this all means that I did not get the space victory required by the gauntlet. Oh well! I submitted the game anyway just for kicks!

Better not try using BM with BtS. "civilized.de" says that Firaxis confirmed a problem when using alternate graphics (only multiplayer perhaps) and that you should wait until the next official patch.
correct, but it was referred to 3.02, and now we're running 3.03.
btw thanks for the suggestion about how-to uninstall BM

correct, but it was referred to 3.02, and now we're running 3.03.
btw thanks for the suggestion about how-to uninstall BM

As I understand the 3.03 release notes - nothing was fixed regarding in game bugs/enhancements/corrections. And there is no special note on "civilized.de" that blue marble will work with 3.03. So it's up to you to try it out ;)

Doh HoF down again. Hopefully you're not going to close this soon as Im going to hit submit just next morning next time...

-Dracandross

Doh HoF down again. Hopefully you're not going to close this soon as Im going to hit submit just next morning next time...

-Dracandross
:huh: I am getting in fine. I don't see any posts in the staff forum about being down either. You might want to try again.

Top Bottom