BTS Beta-2

I think your problem may be everyone is Hindu. I recall reading somewhere that the vote requires 3 teams, you'll need two civs to convert to different religions. I've had the vote appear in my game at 680 AD but didn't have enough votes, I'll have to go attack the next highest civ to get the vote count up. :cool:

3 teams does not mean 3 religions - it just means that you cannot have a vote with less than 3 players or permanent alliance partners (they count as 1 team together)...

For the Apostolic Palace, what is the difference between a full member and a voting member?

For the Apostolic Palace, what is the difference between a full member and a voting member?
A voting member is one that has the AP religion present in atleast 1 city. A full member is a player who either has the AP religion as his state religion OR owns the AP. A full member is demoted to voting member when he defies a resolution (this is also true for the UN). Only full members can become resident (head) of the AP and can thus be awarded the Diplomatic victory...
Edit: :dance: :band: Welcome to CFC [party] and the HOF :) :eek: 18 months without posting? So also :band: Welcome to the posting side :evil:

Finished the Ramesses game with a 1705 victory! This is the first game I ever played on Prince, have not won a game on Noble yet. Once I got Judaism spread to everyone (Kublai Khan took a few tries), I had a good wait because Roosevelt still had control. I passed him pretty quickly in number of votes, but it took quite a while for the control vote to come up.

Elizabeth, in fine fashion, had spread Judaism to every one of her cities. Despite being the founder of Confucianism, she was easily convinced to switch to Judaism, giving a nice relations boost. It wasn't long after, however, before she switched to Free Religion and I lost that.

The first Diplomatic Victory vote that came up, everyone abstained but me and I didn't carry enough votes to win. I started bulking up militarily, preparing to invade Pacal for some nearby cities that already had a Jewish presence. Pacal meanwhile had been locked in combat with Roosevelt, so I knew he was already committed. Much to my surprise, on the next vote Elizabeth cast her votes for me and I won.

Keys to this game for me:

- The early obelisk in Thebes for a very quick Great Prophet, built the Temple of Solomon and was able to run a higher tech rate while expanding.
- Founding Judaism. Getting this was a relief, as I wasn't convinced of my ability to get Confucianism. I also like getting a religion at the same time as Organized Religion, since I can immediately put it to best use.
- Popping Theology from the Oracle to get a jump on building the AP.
- Taking 4 barbarian cities that popped up between Thebes and the corner of the map allowed me to fill out my territory without building a ton of settlers. With one exception (the one I razed and planted a settler next to), they were all smartly-founded cities when I took them, too.
- Building the Great Wall and dropping a Great Spy on Saladin allowed me to match tech pace while expanding into the barbarian cities. Stealing Feudalism especially let me fill up on Longbowmen at a time when I was in grave danger of being picked on for a weak military.

I did not encounter the no-buildings bug. The Boreal map was interesting, I have to say I really liked it.

What exactly does it take for the victory option to come up? I had the AP built in the B.C. years after everyone had gotten one or more cities Hindu. It is now about 700 A.D. and nothing has happened (by now I even have every civ converted to Hindu. I have 5 out of 6 opponents friendly, but I am stuck waiting for the election to come up. What exactly are the required conditions?

Any chance you built the AP in another holy city than where Hindu was founded?
I know it's a pretty [pimp] suggestion, but I'm rather :confused: at the whole thing...

Any experience is holy city needed for AP diplowin? It doesn't state anywhere that it would be needed for voting. Also it would sound stupid as then the other one wouldn't be able to win if you are losing and decide not to build holy city.

-Dracandross

Sorry, I didn't mean HOLY city :(
I meant he may have built the AP for another religion than Hindu. Religion switches aren't uncommon when you play the early religion grabbing game :)

Any experience is holy city needed for AP diplowin? It doesn't state anywhere that it would be needed for voting. Also it would sound stupid as then the other one wouldn't be able to win if you are losing and decide not to build holy city.

-Dracandross

If I recall correctly, the Holy City, the state religion and the AP each give you a bonus.

Got 350Ad win. I had real troubles getting them friendly fast enough. All but 2 were my relig and those two had just one city so they weren't problem. If all are different relig and not friendly I doubt that youll get enough votes by own votes.

-Dracandross

Edit: Ps: Btw in the game where I had 'all civs' hindu and voting didn't come up. Reason was that Eliz was behind imapassable mountainrange and her cultural expansion showed her up around 1200 and I forgot already that she was in game (not that I counted encountered civs either). Dang. She also founded buddhism so it never turned up to mess relig spread :)

Sorry, I didn't mean HOLY city :(
I meant he may have built the AP for another religion than Hindu. Religion switches aren't uncommon when you play the early religion grabbing game :)

Nope, I was Hindu at the time and in the victory conditions screen it says it is a Hindu AP. Really annoying, as the game was going great (central start, 3 gems in the first three cities, AP built in the B.C.s with 2-4 AIs already friendly and all having at least 1 hindu city.)

I'd say play it through and post a save if you still don't understand why this happened. Good luck :thumbsup:

That's what I decided to do, but got fed up with just aimlessly playing around 800 A.D. and decided to give up.

A voting member is one that has the AP religion present in atleast 1 city. A full member is a player who either has the AP religion as his state religion OR owns the AP. A full member is demoted to voting member when he defies a resolution (this is also true for the UN). Only full members can become resident (head) of the AP and can thus be awarded the Diplomatic victory...
Edit: :dance: :band: Welcome to CFC [party] and the HOF :) :eek: 18 months without posting? So also :band: Welcome to the posting side :evil:

Yep, I post at Marathon speed:)

I have a 620AD victory. I now it's not the best but I played with raging barbs in order to get more quattromaster points. I was surpirsed that almost everyone voted to me, I should spread hinduism to all opponents earlier but I couldn't because of the barbs:(

I think in BtS not just the diplomatic, but also cultural victory is easier because of high potencial bonuses from religious buildings. Sistine chapel is brutal in BtS for culural victory.

What should I find in my mailbox at work, but none other than a brand spanking new copy of BtS mailed to me from Canada by a friend and former roommate and fellow avid civer! I have been looking foward to this moment for a long time and its a Friday too! I will have BtS installed on my computer in than 3 hours and then we will see what this baby can really do!!

I know this gauntlet is doable for me, so I am excited. Btw, what is the status on the Beta-BtS?

Well, I gotta say the AI is pretty intelligent. Two civs are blocking me in with no Open Borders so I can't send my missionaries everywhere beyond. The one city that I had a little further away they took. Btw, Boreal is one tough map...only deer and a few other resources and everything is slow, slow, slow.

Impressive, but this gauntlet will get done, likely at the expense of the minor 26 and 25 which I already gave up on even though it vexes me to no end.

EDIT: OK, just finished at about 1760. This game was crazy!:crazyeye: but fun indeed. A couple of things that happened:

* played as Ramses which can be a gamble not starting with Mysticism. You could play against civs without it as well, but those ones tend to pick on you and be, ah, really mean

* founded 3rd religion - choose Islam and built Stonehenge just before that

* Had one city spamming missionaries and the other developing and spamming workers and settlers.

* got the religious quest and founded about 2-3 cities to get it. The map had a huge number of mountains between Korea and Mali and nearish to me. I plopped a settler down on ice with the hopes of getting some Mali deer or horses and some mountains. Popped a GA without MMing the GPPs and his Great Work had me handily winning the quest. This was sweet.

* I build only 13 Islamic missionaries the entire game and I finished it with 3! I actually only send one in to each of the other civs largest cities and they went absolutely nuts! I mean, if you are founding all the religions after the first two, then it is pretty easy. Secondly, don't the civs want to get the hammer bonus from the AP?

* everything was going smooth until votes were held for the AP leader and I lost! other civs had much larger pops! Worst of all, I hadn't reached Khmer with my missionary yet. Just as he gets, there everyone decides to stop trading with them. Closed borders, no missionary into the hethen lands!

* eventually the AP crowd votes to go to war against Khmer. Keep in mind the whole world is Islamic, every city, except them. I start building up troops to conquer their cities for a two-fold effect. 1) I eliminate the one civ without any Islamic cities. 2) I gain land and population to have more of a vote sway.

* had one Golden Age I started with only one GP, is that possible now? Had the Mausoleum wonder for a GA of 12 after building the Taj Mahal. Then, during the second turn on GA completed the Colosseum quest and chose the Zeus option, thinking it would be periodic Olympics. Instead, BOOM! another 12 turns of Golden Age for a total of 24, running Rep, Bur, CS and OR.

* Out of the blue, every other civ makes peace with Khmer. When I try, they want one of my cities to do it. Screw that and screw them, I say. Second round of wars against them and at some point before that I had a mediator come up to make peace and improve relations with them by +1, which is a drop in the bucket compared to the -8 or so they have. I forget it. Then, just as I am in a position (even with some silly errors, like not unfortifying some units during an attack and leaving them for the next turn) to take one of their cities, they become a Vassal of Churchill the Warmonger and I am now forced to make peace.

* I had some great food resources and on the strength of large cities and being a nice-guy tech-broker to others, regained control of the AP. I believe this had something to do with the 2 or 3 Korean cities and 2 new cities of my own that all converted to Islam because of some event I had. I also helped out Vicky, TWICE with my food surplus and attitudes where singing my way again.

* Churchill's land flirted with the 50% release threshold, but I was starting to think I would never convert the Khmer. Then, they converted to Confucianism. I quickly convert likewise and start building missionaries. During this time I discover SM and now only have a few cities to build them in as I foolishly build missionaries before monasteries. When the vote came, Churchill was closer to winning.

* after trying almost every turn to see if the Khmer would open borders, I notice a redded out option to convert to Islam. I instantly switch back and trade/give away techs to get the vote on my side.

Stats:

11 cities
Thebes had 12 wonders
+46 gold from Masjid Al-Haram
I finished the game middle in power rating, very few units built

On a side note, I had a crash again from the Civilopedia and after finished I had some graphics issues, take a look.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 160
Btw is this flat only or toroidal/circular allowed? I can't understand how I even got that 300Ad once and even less how someone beat me :)

-Dracandross

Flat only? In the HOF-rules section cylindric and toroidal ARE allowed for Boreal...?

Actually this was my first Gauntlet. I played Ghandi on toroidal and managed to pull off a 50AD victory, only to find out later that I should have installed the HOF Bts patch and check the "locked assets" thing (What is this for actually?).

Also, to get a legal HOF save for submission, do I need to change anything in the extra options menus included in the HOF-patch?

cheers

Hy guys If I play during the weekend do you accept submission at next Monday around 11:00 AM ( for this gauntlet?

Top Bottom